REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] What is the meaning of this relationship?

The following is an anonymous post. If the original poster would like to reply to any comments, please PM me

i never thought id be so concerned over something like this.. but here it goes

Met a girl through my friends about a month ago at a bar. The night i met her we talked a lot, she ended up being all over me and i ended up taking her to my house. Not being the one night stand guy myself, next morning i drove her back home and decided to keep in touch with her.

following 2 weeks, i took her out for dinners, went to the movies, and hung out quite frequently, handful of text messages every day. It was clear that she liked me, sending me messages every night saying she misses me, calling me often even at work on her break etc. and every time I'd drop her off at home she would give me a kiss.

As time went by, i slowly started to see something in her too, not just a random girl that i hooked up with one night. Couple days later, i met her and asked if she wanted to start a relationship. She pauses for a long time smiles and says she will think about it.

I thought that was really weird since i thought the answer was going to be an obvious yes. But everyone needs their space and i decided to respect that and told her not to worry about it too much and let me know whenever she decides

We continued to stay in touch and do our things like any other day like nothing happened.

About a week ago, i slowly noticed she was getting slower at texting, often ignoring few of my texts, and stopped sending me messages like how she misses me, stopped calling, and reduced all of those lovey dovey stuff. I'd ask her if she ate yet and we would get something to eat, but now she just says shes busy at work and that she has to go home after. Basically, she seems to be a little tired of our repetitive activities.. although i may sound like i took her out EVERY DAY, no i didn't, i thoroughly controlled myself

I'm just in the wtf situation since her behavior changed all of the sudden. Its not like something went viral between us.. I thought maybe shes acting like this ever since i asked her to start a relationship? but no that doesn't make sense since we continued to hangout and do our things like nothing happened

Would you say shes just messing with my brain? after all the time i spent with her, its hard to let her go... should i sit her down somewhere and have a talk with her? or am i just over reacting lol..

I'm safe to say at this point now, that i really like her but its just making me uncomfortable by the way she is behaving all the sudden

i was thinking of just stop texting or contacting her for a full day or two and maybe she will call me back lol

She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

u had your chance to bone her, why didnt you?

obviously she doesnt want to be tied in a relationship, she still fckin around
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
PRINCESS

She likes the attentions she's getting from you
But she doesn't want to commit
She may possibly be seeing other people right now too
You can be one of her pet dogs or you can move on
Or maybe she'll learn to appreciate you and decide to settle
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Time to move on and don't worry about it. If a female loses interest that quick there is no point wasting your time with her since thats someone that you shouldn't make a effort for since it's honestly a loosing cause. Yup sucks but better off finding out now then down the road when there was a chance of having strong feelings for her.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Bitches are like that (sorry girls)

they fuck with your mind and make you think they want you saooo baaad, but ONCE and I mean ONCE you give her your attention and the SLIGHT bit of interest back, THATS IT. ITS OVER.

I knew a few girls that had a thing for a guy (different guys) and this is 3 years or 4 years of crush kinda thing. and when the guys finally caved in. the girls bounced. Wtf? 3,4 years of crush and once the guys showed interest back your no longer interested and saying how the guy is too caring, too clingy, and when the guy dont care about you, you say THEY DONT CARE. the FUCK.

Bitches Cray.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

trip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
you met her at a bar, thats not a good way to start. she was obviously there to hook up with a random guy, you showed her attention so she stuck around NSA.

she's non committal but is afraid to hurt your feelings so imo she's decided to ween you out.

dont be hurt over it, dust it off and move on. Try meeting a girl at whole foods.. apparently its a great place to meet people nowadays.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Have you watched mission impossible 2? Watched it many years ago and this quote has always been stuck in my head since then.

Quote:
Sean Ambrose: You know women, mate. Like monkeys, they are - won't let go of one branch until they've got hold of the next.
You were just a stepping stone in her life, a bridge from one relationship to another. A lot of girls that I know are like this (not saying all) -- they're constantly looking for something better and in the process leaving, presumably, good guys like yourself.

If its any consolation she'll end up being 40, alone and feeling cold inside.

tl;dr move on bro!
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Yeah, as others have said already.. She didn't seem to be down for a relationship, or atleast that's what it seems.. Sorry to say, but you should just move on, don't keep overthinking about it, only does more damage in the long run. When that happens to me, I just stop texting, calling, etc. altogether and look for new people. Cause what's the point tbh, I really don't see the point in giving your all into something that isn't gonna reciprocate it.

Wow I'm giving girl advice LOL.
EUPHORiA1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Maybe the more she got to know you, the less she liked you...hence the slow decline.

She didn't MAKE you like her...you decided to. She doesn't owe you anything. Move on.

Don't put the pussy on the pedestal.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
The following is a reply from the anonymous original poster

i should rephrase the meeting at the bar part.
my good friend wanted to introduce her to me, and we all met up at a bar/restaurant place (not a full on clubbing bar), so in a way, she wasnt there to hook up with a random, it was already arranged.

Either way, thanks for the great encouraging replies guys, decided to move on
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
bishes love attention. especially vancouver bishes

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #13

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
wow i was just almost the exact situation op. like almost exactly the same.

but i'm making myself move on now, no contact.

have to face the reality, she is fucking around hence she don't want to commit.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
A similar situation happened to me last year, but I actually ended up getting laid a couple of times (including the first night I took her home from the bar) before she backed away. You should have had sex with her when you had the chance.

A woman is sometimes intimidated by what a guy has to offer and may back away because you are too good for her. It probably didn't happen in your case, but I've heard of it happening.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #15
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
You have needy written all over you.

First you say this
Quote:
although i may sound like i took her out EVERY DAY, no i didn't, i thoroughly controlled myself
But then you say this
Quote:
after all the time i spent with her, its hard to let her go...
Maybe in your mind you think you played it cool but I think it looks like you got laid and got attached.

The thing is, if you had other things going on, someone else to play around on the field with, things between this girl and you may not be so awkward right now. You may not get her, but at least it's not awkard (so you're not really burning your bridges).

Right now it seems like you're pretty zoned in on her from the 1 night stand
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #16

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^ this op should of gotten laid as much as possible. boning her and not boning will not have effect how you relationship will eventually turn out.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #17
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Let's also face facts, she's not relationship material.

She may be down the road, but not with you.

A british co-worker put it best for me when I was describing a date I had, "well, isn't she a quick one to put a leg over"

I get it...I spent time being single, and one goal being...I would like to get laid. More important, I was looking for a relationship. I'll tell you though, those two never lined up. In fact, I tried with one, and she was still fucking her ex, turned out to be a crazy ass chica and had issues up the yahoo. (I do recognize that a lot of times they do line up and you can have a relationship with someone who's fast to the sack)

I had no respect for someone that "was quick to put a leg over", as the first thing that went through my head was, "well, this is sat night, who was friday?"

So, here's a girl that meets you, is all over you in a bar and then goes home with you...and doesn't get laid. Goes out with you a few more times and...doesn't get laid. Then gets a relationship talk and STILL doesn't get laid. She wanted some cock, and got conversation.

She's told you...WITH ASS...exactly what she was about from the moment you met her. For the record, while she was laughing at your jokes and touching your arm at the bar, what she was really saying was, "insert it here"

So what you see as relationship material, I see as a lady who's quick to put a leg over. She may be relationship material tomorrow, but for today...she'd be one that you fuck the shit out of, tell her you have a meeting in the morning, take her to the door, spin her around 3 times and send happily on her way.

TL;DR-she's a ho, fo sho.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Lol. calling girls hoes, sluts or skanks is nothing but a hate word by guys who get used; or can't/rarely get what they want from a girl.

That girl had an agenda; nothing wrong with that. Just too bad it's not parallel to your interests.
Posted via RS Mobile
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #19
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Don't put the pussy on the pedestal.
i read teh OP and this exact phrase came to mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
TL;DR-she's a ho, fo sho.
hurtin' for a squirtin'
loved the speed dating scene from 40 year old virgin

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i read teh OP and this exact phrase came to mind

It is literally the answer to EVERY thread in this R&G forum.

You dudes need to get that shit tattooed on your hand!

This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Sit down and have a talk with her. She does owe you an explanation since she's the one that have feelings for you and you have feelings for her. No one should be able to come into your life, make you care, and walk out. She should take responsibility for her actions, for all that she's done with and to you. The least she can do is tell you why. Girls are subtle, you might have done something that you didn't know and she won't tell you.

Maybe because you didn't move in fast enough and now she's establishing her values since you didn't wanna bone her in the first place.
Posted via RS Mobile
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Sit down and have a talk with her. She does owe you an explanation since she's the one that have feelings for you and you have feelings for her. No one should be able to come into your life, make you care, and walk out. She should take responsibility for her actions, for all that she's done with and to you. The least she can do is tell you why. Girls are subtle, you might have done something that you didn't know and she won't tell you.

Maybe because you didn't move in fast enough and now she's establishing her values since you didn't wanna bone her in the first place.
Posted via RS Mobile
Dude, she doesn't owe him anything. They knew each other for a few weeks and it was his choice to take her out, call, and text. It was his choice to care and like I said previously, she didn't make him like her. Maybe he needs to take responsibility for not being upfront right away! What were HIS intentions? Why was he continuing to hang out with her?

Don't make this a bigger deal than it is. If she is acting like she doesn't like him because she genuinely does't like him...MOVE ON! If she is acting like this to play games....MOVE ON!

Either way, buddy needs to forget it.

Last edited by dinosaur; 01-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #23
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
What? She doesn't 'owe' him anything. They were hanging out, he got clingy and she went to find something more appropriate to her needs.

She 'could' be nice and say something like, "I'm just not that into you", but how many people at this stage are going to go out of their way to have THAT awkward conversation.

He took a risk in telling her that he had feelings. Welcome to what sometimes happens when you take a risk. You get burned.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I tried to read the whole thread straight through, but GLOW's avatar distracted me for about half an hour and my coffee got cold.

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
What? She doesn't 'owe' him anything. They were hanging out, he got clingy and she went to find something more appropriate to her needs.
This says it all. Nobody "explained" anything when it started so there's no need to "explain" anything now.

What OP has to watch out for now, is if she suddenly reappears once he starts ignoring her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
My homepage has been set to RS

I knew a girl EXACTLY like that too. We hooked up and she made it interesting and we hung out and stuff and then she told me "what we were" and I was like it seems like FWB so we stayed like that for abit and then she wanted to be like a gf, so we ended up doing that for awhile and then her personality changed after having a title so I broke it off. A few months later i bump into her and she tells me she is dating another guy, but he's like a nerd and just buys her stuff and no contact so we end up having another FWB thing. (my apologies girl) Bishes be crazy sometimes, mind-f*cking us guys. After awhile i stopped altogether cuz she became a gold-digger for some reason when she wasn't all that to begin with...meh

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote