REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 01-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

911fanatic vs Porsche Turbo

Been a while since I posted anything. Work and personal issues this past year have kept me hopping. This is a client I usually see once a year even though in all reality, the car may get driven a couple dozen times. It wasn't in bad shape although some RIDS had shown up due to improper wash / dry techniques. The goal wasn't to make the car perfect, but to make a significant improvement. Being as most of the car is original paint, its ungodly soft and finishing it down, even with a DA is quite an event. Halogens will show the paint as perfect as will the sun but a bright LED held close to the paint would show micro marring so a bunch of extra time was spent to make sure it looked great, even with the LED.

Jambs were cleaned with Exclusive Citrus Cleaner and Valet Pro brushes
Presoaked with my Gilmour and strong Dawn solution
Rinsed and rewashed with Dawn and Carpro Merino Wool mitt
Tires, wheels and inner fenders cleaned with Exclusive APC and various brushes
Dried with my Metro Blaster and ww drying towel
First polishing step was Menz SIP / B&S Green on my GG
Finishing step was Menz RE5 on B&S Black on my GG
Paintwork cleanser was Autoglym Super Resin Polish
LSP was Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Tire dressing was Auto Finesse Gloss Tire Dressing

Upon arrival. Car was dirty but not too bad.

Those are NOT my brushes leaned up against the wall! LOL

Dawn - you're soaking in it. The initial soaking was enough to kill off any remaining LSP. The black lip on my wash pail is part of the Gamma Seal lid. These lids snap on to your bucket and and provide an airtight seal. This allows me to bring a pail full of HOT water to mobile sites which during the winter makes washing a much more enjoyable scenario. As well, great for mobile No Rinse work as well.

Typical damage encountered. Goal was to make a huge improvement. SIP followed up with RE5 resulted in about 90% correction. The few remaining RIDS were to deep to chase given the paint readings and the fact that the client wasn't trying for 100% correction.

Not sure what this was but polishing wouldn't remove or even improve on it.

50 / 50 shot

Autoglym Super Resin Polish hazing

After SRP removal

As I was applying the sealant, there was a horrible noise that was so loud that I though someone had driven over my equipment next to the car. I looked around to see a man walking away from a newer 3 series he had just parked. I grabbed my camera and walked over to find this.....

Sorry for the blurry shot here but in all honesty, I just couldn't stop laughing.

Finished pics.

As always, thanks for looking!
Advertisement

Last edited by 911fanatic; 01-01-2013 at 06:39 PM.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

welcome back. missed seeing your work.
pintoBC_3sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: