REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #26
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Well, let's put aside the fucking idiots that said about picking and eating the apples with insects all over them even before they drop for now. Do you retards actually thought the apples you're buying from the store came from these apple trees naturally grown in the backyard without any fertilizers? And do you have any idea how a big fucking pain it is to clean all these apples when you are working long hours every day? not to mention the mess is caused by your neighbor.
People buy fertilizer to fertilize fruit trees growing in their backyards.
Advertisement
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #27
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Anyway, I asked a friend of mine and apparently it is not your neighbor's obligations to trim trees. You are free to trim whatever that stick to your side, but legally they are not required to trim themselves, contrary to what many people believe.
May I ask, what are your friend's qualifications to answer a question on tree-trimming? If he's a self-proclaimed expert, and not an arborist or otherwise trained in a related field, you may want to consult a person actually qualified to answer the question before proceeding. If your neighbor says no, and you take it upon yourself to chop the branches off, you're placing yourself at serious liability.

-The Apple Tree is considered your neighbors property.
-The Apple Tree branches extending over the property line are a part of it, and thus your neighbors property.
-If you damage your neighbors property, whether in part of whole, you are liable for damages.
-Improper Apple Tree trimming has the potential to sicken or kill the tree.
-A mature Apple Tree technically has a replacement value of several thousand dollars, and a sick tree could incur a very expensive bill from an arborist.
-Depending on the area, you may be allowed to trim the tree (still liable if you kill it), or you may need to have the city order the neighbor to trim it or allow you to.
-The Apples are legally your neighbors property, T4 and Dan need to ask them for the permission to take them, and you for permission to go on the property

I'm not an Arbor, this is not my area of expertise.

Contact the city, which is what you should have done in the first place.

One further bit of advice, stop being an arrogant cunt.

If you ask for specific legal/horticultural advice on RS, you should not expect a professional answer.

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-05-2013 at 12:40 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
rofl
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #29
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I don't see how I was being arrogant in any way in my original post? You're mind blowing me. I don't expect a professional to chime in and give me a perfect answer. I just simply asked if anyone can share their experience if they had one. And yes, I know I can ask the city, but I've gone through the process of asking the city questions before and it can be a pain.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #30
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
If you'd rather not consult the city, call an arborist, they MIGHT give you five minutes of free advice over the phone. Most would not. If you don't want to go through the city, keep in mind, good advice isn't cheap, and cheap advice isn't good.

Quote:
Holy fuck I gotta love all these smartass comments some RSers post, thinking they are so smart while being unemployed.
This is arrogant.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Legally, they are required to trim them if they pose a risk or a hazard and they know about this risk or hazard.

Legally, you own the area above and below your land...that being said, a tree branch on your side of the property is yours to do as u will.

On a side note, debris from trees in our neighbour's yards are common occurrences. They're fucking Apples, how many could there possibly be. Man up, go talk to your neighbour or stfu because you really don't need a thread on Revscene or anywhere else on the internet to figure out what to do.

I can't imagine what you would do when life throws a REAL problem your way if you can't even function in society to get rid of a tree pest problem.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Well, let's put aside the fucking idiots that said about picking and eating the apples with insects all over them even before they drop for now. Do you retards actually thought the apples you're buying from the store came from these apple trees naturally grown in the backyard without any fertilizers? And do you have any idea how a big fucking pain it is to clean all these apples when you are working long hours every day? not to mention the mess is caused by your neighbor.
I dont see what the issue is with eating fruit that is grown in a backyard. I have a pear and apple tree in my backyard and I do eat them from time to time. You think your store bought apples didnt or dont have insects all over them either?

If you didnt want smart ass comments, or actual legal advice, dont ask them on a web forum. Especially RS ha
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

gone

Last edited by danned; 09-30-2017 at 10:08 PM.
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #34
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
It's a classic thread
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #35
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danned View Post
aluminium plate? haha

i dont' really know what really happens there
just should i go back and take a look?
Right, forgot you moved.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
It's a classic thread
that's why I gave thanks to OP, LOL. Aluminum pie plate was a classic, too. At least OP of that thread was all cool about it............. right, danned?

Ah, RS is so complicated.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #36
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I read this whole thread as, "I don't JUST want to go and talk to my neighbor, I want to go and be a dick to my neighbor"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but going over and saying, "apple tree. What up?" and coming to an agreement on trimming it, he wants to go over and say, "pursuant to city by-law 21-12, you have 24 hours to trim the tree to my satisfaction or I'll call the city by-law enforcement team to blah blah blah" Or some derivative thereof.

No one knows how to talk to people anymore.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Well, let's put aside the fucking idiots that said about picking and eating the apples with insects all over them even before they drop for now. Do you retards actually thought the apples you're buying from the store came from these apple trees naturally grown in the backyard without any fertilizers?
"Fertilizer" is another word for shit. It does nothing special except help the apple grow faster and bigger. Orchard-grown apples are also covered with pesticides and herbicides that you have to wash off. They may also have been treated with growth hormones. And they were probably picked two weeks ago before being bounced around various trucks on their way to the store.

Backyard apples are not. If you look at the apple and don't see worm holes, then that apple does not have insects. It is probably the cleanest, purest, FRESHEST, most organic apple you'll ever eat. Run some water over it in the sink, and you're good to go.

Fucking city kids... you probably saw one of those slaughterhouse videos and think you're better off buying meat at Safeway instead of the butcher's so the cow didn't have to go through that.

Quote:
And do you have any idea how a big fucking pain it is to clean all these apples when you are working long hours every day?
Hope you didn't break a nail typing this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Good going, you're gunna give OP nightmares.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #40
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:

This wasn't even about manning up. I will absolutely talk to them, and my question was that what if their answer was a "no". If it is not their legal obligation to trim the branches, then I will simply either work out with them a reasonable cost to do it, or just get a ladder and trim them myself. However, if by law they are REQUIRED to trim their branches, then at least I can kindly tell them that they really can't say "no".

Anyway, I asked a friend of mine and apparently it is not your neighbor's obligations to trim trees. You are free to trim whatever that stick to your side, but legally they are not required to trim themselves, contrary to what many people believe.

Holy fuck I gotta love all these smartass comments some RSers post, thinking they are so smart while being unemployed.

Half of my childhood was spent at my grandparent's home in Langley, my grandfather (80) had his own farm of sorts at the back of the house, he didn't use pesticides or growth additives. Those were some of the most fantastic meals I have ever had the chance of tasting.

It's simple, if the apple doesn't have any holes in it, it's safe to assume that it hasn't been spoiled by insects. If you leave them to drop on the ground, the chance that an apple with spoil increases ten fold.

So what you've told us all, is that you hate REAL fresh produce, and that you can't physically clean a fucking apple.

Congratulations.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 01-05-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #41
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
That and gathering a bunch of apples with a rake or shovel + throwing them in a bag takes less than 20 minutes.

I would know, we used to have an apple tree until my dad cut it down.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #42
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
sometimes i'm not sure if these threads are legit lol. there can't be people that dumb. either that or their great at trolling

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #43
private modder

Thanked 2,649 Times in 740 Posts
My parents have a tree with branches that go over into the neighbour's yard. One day the neighbour came by to talk about it.

Should we hire a tree trimmer? We can split the cost.

Sure.

Ok great.

Bye.

Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #44
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
This is exactly how they look like, I guess they are quite appetizing for some.

Thanks to those who provided some suggestions; they are exactly what I was looking for.

Some completely missed the point, but it's typical of revscene threads
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #45

Quote:
This is exactly how they look like, I guess they are quite appetizing for some.
Your "yard" is all pavement? Makes it even easier to scrape them up.

Quote:
Some completely missed the point, but it's typical of revscene threads
OP owns self - also typical of RS threads.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #46
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
grab the apples and huck them back over the fence.. you break any windows, its your not fault.. tell them your just returning THEIR apples!!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #47

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
do you have any idea how a big fucking pain it is to clean all these apples when you are working long hours every day?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #48
I STILL don't get it

when life hands you an apple, make apple-ade
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #49
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Right, forgot you moved.............

OMG that's how he resolved the pie plate issue? by moving away?!
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #50
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Some quick questions to those who have dealt with this issues before.

My neighbour has an apple tree and its branches grew way over the fence to our side and over the summer the apples dropped from their trees have created a huge mess for us.

Can someone confirm that legally they are required to trim their trees so that it would not cause a mess.
What blows my mind is how instead of calling up your neighbour to discuss you on on RS to ask.. probably wasted more time discussing in on RS then just a talk with your neighbour to resolve! Just be like

"Hey Neighbour, mind if you trim your tree?"
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: