REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Goddd damn I think this is the chick that was roommates with my Ex's friend..
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
gloors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Bat man?

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #28
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
^-was thinking the exact same thing

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #29
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloors View Post
Goddd damn I think this is the chick that was roommates with my Ex's friend..
Posted via RS Mobile
stories?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #30
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
what the eff...

she shouldn't get released right into the city... maybe into a rehab/asylum or something, at least for starters.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Yikes... Sucks to be the probation officer assigned to monitor this person.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Yikes... Sucks to be the probation officer assigned to monitor this person.
This is a running joke with my sister all the time. She's a federal parole officer(kind of...there are a bunch of grades of PO) but I ask her all the time if she's released anyone interesting into my 'hood.

The answer is always yes.

We also have a large halfway house about 5 minutes drive away that doesn't help.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Bourque doesn't technically have a mental disorder, which is why the system is obligated to allow her free now. If Bourque's predilections arose from a mental disorder, she could be indefinitely detained in a psychiatric institution for treatment on those grounds. For instance, the man who beheaded a person on the Greyhound Bus was detained because he was suffering from schizophrenia. Bourque is mentally sound, though. Bourque's desire and willingness to kill arises from a personality trait, she's interested in her own desires and not concerned with the impact they have on others; like a criminal who willfully pedals drugs to children for the personal financial benefit. It's so simple and logical to say - she's high risk, lock her up for good. To lock-up a healthy person when a crime has not been committed, because they're more self-interested than average is a very difficult puzzle though.
This doesn't make sense to me.. Not sure if I'm just mis-understanding what you wrote, but I've read it 3 or 4 times now.. Still don't get it.

If you look back at serial killers, homicidal maniacs, etc.. they all start killing with smaller targets. (Animals being #1) and they move up to bigger targets. (Humans or groups of people)
She seems to be following the same trend, as she has been confirmed of killing her family pets, and now has thoughts/fantasy's of killing people. With this material alone, I would say she must have some type of mental disorder and grounds should be strong enough to hold her atleast temporarily and diagnose her further.

The bolded to me SCREAMS mentally unstable. I'm sure Robert Pickton enjoyed killing all those women.. And he CLEARLY didn't care about the impact on others.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #34
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
This doesn't make sense to me.. Not sure if I'm just mis-understanding what you wrote, but I've read it 3 or 4 times now.. Still don't get it.

If you look back at serial killers, homicidal maniacs, etc.. they all start killing with smaller targets. (Animals being #1) and they move up to bigger targets. (Humans or groups of people)
She seems to be following the same trend, as she has been confirmed of killing her family pets, and now has thoughts/fantasy's of killing people. With this material alone, I would say she must have some type of mental disorder and grounds should be strong enough to hold her atleast temporarily and diagnose her further.

The bolded to me SCREAMS mentally unstable. I'm sure Robert Pickton enjoyed killing all those women.. And he CLEARLY didn't care about the impact on others.
You're instilled with the premise - a person who has the desire to do direct harm to others is subject to a mental disorder, which is not correct.

Bourque fits the classical definition of a psychopath; shallow emotions, lacking empathy, egocentric, highly intelligent, sexual. The term psychopath is often interchanged with 'crazy' in the English vernacular, but the clinical definition does not imply anything beyond a certain type of personality; like, the term narcissism. A person cannot be institutionalized for a personality type, because we cannot objectively say there is something wrong with it. A person who has a mental disorder has a clear, anatomical defect; a chemical imbalance, a developmental issue. Objectively, we can say a person with a mental disorder does not have a brain functioning properly. A mental disorder can be treated through medication, but there's not a pill capable of provoking empathy.

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #35
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
Some serial killers are naturally sadistic..

ted bundy was deemed not psychotic in any circumstances, he was well aware of what he was doing and was just full filling his desire.

Watch the documentary on Richard Kuklinski. He was deemed a serial killer because he liked the thrill of hunting his targets, he gets more joy out of stalking than killing.. he killed many random people in new york from homeless people to someone simply out and about walking a dog... He disliked being called a serial killer because he thinks its an absurd name reserved for "psychotics"

He eventually became a Hitman for the mafia. He was completely stable and articulate to his killings. He told a story of how he wanted to use a crossbow to kill a target he was assigned for but have never use one before. So he looked for a random test subject in the street, pretend he was asking for directions then just shot a guy in the head with a bow

dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #36
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Some Criminal Minds stuff, right here. What I learned from the show is that people that have a fascination and start off with killing animals very likely will graduate to killing humans at some point.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #37
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

just because one kills animals doesnt mean they will all go on to kill people.

the justice/rehab system is messed up, but sadly, there might not ever be a better system unless we find precogs (Minority Report). at the end of the day, human behavior is impossible to predict, and yet, people who work the system have to do their best to guess without infringing on someone's rights. innocent until proven guilty

at what lengths are you willing to take away a person's freedom? and if you start taking one person's freedom's away, where does the system draw the line? It's a very slippery slope.
City-bear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #38

^^ Agreed.

Yet lets not forget about this woman talking about her fantasies openly to others.

But hey it's okay, lets wait until she kills afew homeless people. THEN we will lock her up for 3 months.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
^^ Agreed.

Yet lets not forget about this woman talking about her fantasies openly to others.

But hey it's okay, lets wait until she kills afew homeless people. THEN we will lock her up for 3 months.
I see what you're saying, but what do you suggest is the alternative? What would you exactly do and for how long? Under what conditions?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #40
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,693 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I see what you're saying, but what do you suggest is the alternative? What would you exactly do and for how long? Under what conditions?
The only trace of positive hope I have is that they've assigned someone to always watch her from the shadows. Surveillance, etc. and not just her checking into an office every 6 weeks.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #41
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

How is a 130lb woman 'petite'?
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
How fucking small do you want her to be?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #43

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
The average woman in canada is around 145lbs. She's in the average(ish) category. Regardless, pointless question, pointless answer, pointless reason to get mad. Someone mentioned "just because someone kills animals, doesn't mean they will go on to kill people" I think thats fairly obvious to everyone, however, the fact she has mentioned looking forward to killing people is enough reason for some very serious concern. As you said though. What the fuck can we really do? We can't punish people based on their thoughts, and it certainly is a slippery slope. Its scary to think the taxpayer money we are going to need to spend to keep tabs on this person, and still have the possibility of them being a large threat, when if animal cruelty laws were anywhere near what they should be, she would still be in jail.

Last edited by westopher; 01-12-2013 at 10:59 PM.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #44
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
How fucking small do you want her to be?
As small as a splinter, apparently

AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #45
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The average woman in canada is around 145lbs.

We're blessed in Vancouver by having so many women who do yoga, work out, bike, and other shit to keep those tummies tiny and those buns tight!
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #46

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Let me guess - your definition of petite is 95 lb Asian chicks that are 5'0 while wearing heels.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote