REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
House of Lies

Anyone watch the first season of House of Lies?

I watched all 12 episodes during the winter break, and I gotta admit, I really enjoyed it and it has an interesting story line. It's a comedy, but there are A TON of dark and heavy content as you go from episodes 4-12. Personally, I don't think the trailer does justice in foreshadowing some of the dark material in this show.

Has a great cast: Don Cheadle ("Hotel Rwanda", "Iron Man 2", etc), Kristen Bell (from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"), Ben Schwartz ("College Humors"), etc.

It's "kind of" like Suits, but about management consultants instead of lawyers.

Season 2 scheduled to come out Jan. 13, 2013.

Quote:
House Of Lies is based on the book "House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time by Martin Kihn" and is a new comedy that follows management consultant, Marty (Don Cheadle) who doesn't like to lose and will do anything by using people and manipulating things to go his way. Jeannie Van Der Hooven (Kristen Bell), a co-worker of Marty's, is beside him with a razor-sharp personality to match Marty's. Together they and Marty's corporate team members, Monica (Dawn Oliveri) Jeremiah (Glynn Turman) and Roscoe (Donis Leonard Jr.) take what they can a run with it. Created by Matthew Carnahan (Dirt) and Martin Kihn,House Of Lies is a half-hour comedy that stretches the boundaries between work and personal relationships in a cut-throat consultant type of way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1797404/
Advertisement
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

just watched all 3 seasons of House of Lies in the past week or so.

1st season was great, 2nd season was meh, but setting up for season 3 which was pretty good.

Can't wait for season 4 to start.

Reminds me a little of House of Cards as well, in terms of main character talking to the camera and manipulating others, but with more frontal nudity

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

I watched 1-3 a few weeks ago. Great show. I think season 4 comes out next Feb though
OriginalJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
One of my favorite shows for sure. Don Cheadle is golden. Love the manipulation, shit talking, consultant talk, etc. So funny watching them convince a company head that they NEED their services.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Started the show randomly with my friend. First season was great. I got a little bored in the beginning of season two though. But because season two got a little boring we both just stopped watching it lol
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:24 AM   #6
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
it's my new show after cali cause cali mofo sucked.

pretty good series
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I didn't really like it; I could only watch the first 3 or 4 episodes. Felt like they made an Amercian Pie version of Mad Men.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote