REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #26
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Yeah, I get it. We deal with about 80 or so checks a month. Usually its just a straight deposit, move on with your life kind of thing.

I just get annoyed with companies treating their customers like criminals.

It USED to be that as 'I' was a good, long-term customer then you would have no problem because 'I' was the one putting it through my account. You know me, so you should have some faith in me.

I had problems with BMO regarding checks for my business account. We only had a small BMO where I grew up. Mom banked there. Dad banked there. Hell, everyone banked there. So when its time for me to get an account, it got set up there. Then I need a checking account, so off to BMO I go. Then, years later, life changes, and I need a business account. Off to BMO I go.

And I get told, "there will be a hold on your checks for 5 days"...you are kidding me, right? I've been a customer since I was 12. Did not matter. I had my client that I was working for pay me in a couple smaller checks to up the volume but still had to get in a fight with the manager to get the hold lifted.

Insane. It was...insane. I'm still bitter about BMO, even though I get treated like a fucking rock star now...there must be notes on file that I get angry when I'm told no.
Advertisement
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Yeah, I get it. We deal with about 80 or so checks a month. Usually its just a straight deposit, move on with your life kind of thing.

I just get annoyed with companies treating their customers like criminals.

It USED to be that as 'I' was a good, long-term customer then you would have no problem because 'I' was the one putting it through my account. You know me, so you should have some faith in me.

I had problems with BMO regarding checks for my business account. We only had a small BMO where I grew up. Mom banked there. Dad banked there. Hell, everyone banked there. So when its time for me to get an account, it got set up there. Then I need a checking account, so off to BMO I go. Then, years later, life changes, and I need a business account. Off to BMO I go.

And I get told, "there will be a hold on your checks for 5 days"...you are kidding me, right? I've been a customer since I was 12. Did not matter. I had my client that I was working for pay me in a couple smaller checks to up the volume but still had to get in a fight with the manager to get the hold lifted.

Insane. It was...insane. I'm still bitter about BMO, even though I get treated like a fucking rock star now...there must be notes on file that I get angry when I'm told no.
I understand your sentiments but we are still in a recession and fraud goes way up so I don't mind if they do their due diligence regardless how long i've banked with them.

The only way for them to let their guard down is if you have $500k+ or a healthy cashflow in your business account. Then they treat you like king, you can call them to come to your house to do banking services if you want. Kinda like HSBC Premier. Downside is that they sell your info to advertisers and you get bombarded with amex/porsche brochures in the mail.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #28
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Why on earth would you not have a bank account? I've had one since I was like 6. Been with Canada Trust since their logo with orange and I had a kid's account.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post
cheques expire after 6 months, 1 year if govt of canada cheques.

to OP, like most people have said, he can endorse the cheque but he HAS to also be there, give two pieces of ID. basically the teller needs to verify that the endorsement is from the right person before the teller would want to get their stamp (and their responsibility) on it. after that, you take ownership of the cheque, and is responsible if the cheque bounces or is in any other way not cleared, not your brother anymore.

alternatively, if your teller refuses 3rd party endorsed cheques, he can sign the endorsement on the cheque, and you toss it into the machine as if you're depositing your own. if it takes 5 business days to clear, so be it, but this used to be something done on a regular basis back when cheques were more common.
Government cheques do not have a stale date.
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #30
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactZ View Post
Government cheques do not have a stale date.

THIS. They wont go bad. The only trouble you might get with govt checks is that if you have a fishy account they make call the gov office to verify it or, tell you to come back when the office is open if you want funds ASAP!
.foxtrot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
LOL BMO customer service is retarded

One time I decided to pay credit card bill in cash because I also needed to help a relative pay her 65+BC bus pass. So I brought the CC bill and the bus pass bill to the teller and she gives me shit about not having a BMO chequing account and she won't be able to pay the bus pass bill. I was about to flip off so I read the back of the bill out loud that said "This bill can be paid at any financial institution in BC", I then asked " Are you not a financial institution?? " ; she got really pissed of and then she asks me for my mastercard to verify the account , what type of fraud can I pull off when I am paying two bills.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

I dont understand why this thread has two pages. It should have ended after the 2nd post.

Yes, have him sign the back endorsing the cheque and deposit it. Done.

/end thread

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: