REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #201
Revscene Legend

Thanked 3,421 Times in 393 Posts
This might be a little off-topic, but I think for what ever you get, you must pay for it one way or another, wealth isn't an exception. My parents do fairly well, but the level of happiness does not equal to the amount of wealth, quite the opposite actually. I know some people whose families own multi-national corporations and accumulated immense wealth (in the billions). They can pretty much be anywhere they want to, or buy what ever they want at any given moment, but they feel empty, they simply aren't happy with their lives.

People usually only show the brightest side of their lives, which is like a few frames in an entire movie. Pain and suffering is still there, you just can't see it. Sometimes money can take the edge off of things, but the effect doesn't last. You can reminisce about joyful memories with friends and family, but nobody reminisces about spending tons of money on meaningless things. Grass is always greener on the other side I guess.
Advertisement

Last edited by dogeatcookie; 01-24-2013 at 12:46 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #202
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
no they don't. that's an illusion.

they can say no, then they can just eat dirt and not get paid.

there will be plenty of "bottom" people willing to take your place for some extra cash.

plus bottom people don't "see" the orders come from top. all they see is "hiring" and they work hard and apply for the job.
the people at the top provide those places that are hiring. they are too far away to directly communicate with you.
You talk as if the "bottom people" are like a subcategory of human that's subordinate to the "upper level" people. In terms of say a large multinational corporation, the entry level worker probably has very little impact on both the company as a whole and the executives that run it. But like a democracy, the power is split up among all those that are "lower". A successful business would be unsuccessful without the hard work of their employees, its directly correlated to how your workers work. Without concious recognition of your workers, you are destined to fail simply due to the fact you don't recognize that while a individuals may have little power, many individuals hold it all
Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #203
Banned By Establishment

Goes both way, you always want what you cant have. Once you obtain it, you don't appreciate/value it as much as you use to. I guess that life! Being wealthy comes with its negative and positives, but it sure as hell beats being broke! I think everyones quality of life is much better not when they have extreme amounts of wealth(having so much money you don't know what to do with it) but when your well off and don't have to worry about money on a daily bases(saving for a house, car, kids). It also depends on how you came across your wealth. Some people get a few lucky breaks in life, opportunities arise and they pull the trigger(business opportunities,stocks, even criminal activity.) Others people are born into wealthy families(I hate people who hate on kids that are born into wealth, they didnt choose their families) and in turn they use their parents money to open up business, and further increase their wealth(you need money to make money!). Than they're people who were born with not a dollar to their name, and they grind their asses off ex. school and get degrees and in turn become lawyers, doctors etc. These people are obviously going to value their wealth more because hey they worked fuckin hard for what they have, and to enjoy the lifestyle they live. So at the end of the day it all depends on how you come across your wealth, and what sacrifices you made to earn it.

Last edited by z-33; 01-24-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #204
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogeatcookie View Post
This might be a little off-topic, but I think for what ever you get, you must pay for it one way or another, wealth isn't an exception. My parents do fairly well, but the level of happiness does not equal to the amount of wealth, quite the opposite actually. I know some people whose families own multi-national corporations and accumulated immense wealth (in the billions). They can pretty much be anywhere they want to, or buy what ever they want at any given moment, but they feel empty, they simply aren't happy with their lives.

People usually only show the brightest side of their lives, which is like a few frames in an entire movie. Pain and suffering is still there, you just can't see it. Sometimes money can take the edge off of things, but the effect doesn't last. You can reminisce about joyful memories with friends and family, but nobody reminisces about spending tons of money on meaningless things. Grass is always greener on the other side I guess.
you're not accounting for all the other millionaires and billionaires that are very happy with their lives.

or accounting for all the poor to normal people that are unhappy as shit.

i can name lots of millionaires that are frustrated as fuck with their families and the "problems" created by money.

i can also name a bunch that are totally fucking happy.

it's a misconception that rich people are unhappy.

they're not unhappy cuz they have too much money.

they're unhappy because of the same reasons poor people are unhappy.
they want something that they don't know how to get (whether it be love, or money or whatever). they just don't know how to get it.

it's as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
You talk as if the "bottom people" are like a subcategory of human that's subordinate to the "upper level" people. In terms of say a large multinational corporation, the entry level worker probably has very little impact on both the company as a whole and the executives that run it. But like a democracy, the power is split up among all those that are "lower". A successful business would be unsuccessful without the hard work of their employees, its directly correlated to how your workers work. Without concious recognition of your workers, you are destined to fail simply due to the fact you don't recognize that while a individuals may have little power, many individuals hold it all
ok all humans are equal and all that bs. but if you look at it objectively... they ARE subordinates.

if your boss tells you to file a report, and you don't do it... guess what you're fired. are you not his subordinate?
that is the literal definition of subordinate.

what's your definition?

yeah, of course you recognize that combined, they have more power than you... no shit.
but when it comes to getting shit done, the order comes down, and people do it. or they don't.

if they don't, you can give them incentives... like treat them better, or give them more money (this one works very well, some jackass is going to take the money over how everyone else feels). and that's just the truth of it.

plus all of you arguing back are still looking at the small picture. the highest positions you guys keep mentioning is a ceo of some corporation.

it goes beyond that.

say you work at a coffee shop as a clerk or whatever... so the store manager is your boss... you go.. damn.. i wanna be the store manager one day.
so one day you are.

and then you realise the regional manager is your boss. ok and you keep working hard and eventually you become CEO. that's the end?

fuck no. what about the people supplying you your coffee beans?

what about the giant institutions that can move the price of coffee beans by buying or selling coffee futures?

what about the regulators that dictate whether coffee is even allowed in the country or not?

you follow the chain and there's someone higher. someone that controls it.

my perspective is to climb as high as possible in that chain of influence.
not just in your own business, but in the perspective of the whole WORLD.

i don't care if you become CEO of abc corp. when XYZ corp dictates whether you stay in business or not. you are their subordinate now. and all your subordinates are their subordinates.

yeah... big corporations do have conscious recognition of their workers...
they keep a fine balance between slavery and work. they keep them just happy enough so they accept what they do, and do their jobs.

oh wait... not only do corporations do that... but governments do that too.
tax people too high, take away too many rights, and people revolt.

the trick to managing people is keeping that fine line where they submit to your orders, vs revolting.

hence thats why i said it's an illusion that you have power.

at any time you want to revolt, they'll just give you a little treat... and you'll go back to working. if you don't accept, well they'll give you a bigger treat.

there's also a fine line when workers demand too much and the top people just decide to cut them all and hire a bunch of new workers.

but the opposite can never happen.

the bottom can "vote out" or kill off a leader and elect someone else.
but then you go back to square 1.
the leader's job is to squeeze out as much as you can from as little as possible. that is the NATURE of the leader.

eventually it will just go back to the same point.

someone from the bottom is gonna climb to the top.

i don't know how else i can explain this to you guys.

you think i look down on these "bottom" people, when in reality, i only look down on the ones that choose to ignore everything above them.

the most valuable people are the ones at the bottom, who can one day climb to the top or as high as they possibly can.

the ones that just flatline and stay at one level for the rest of their lives... well... they live in a different world than i do.

not only do they not see the structure of power.
they don't care... which is all cool cuz then there's less competition in my world i have to deal with.

but to lecture others on what is "right" and how things should be run... when in fact they don't run anything outside their own families (which is dictated by their jobs, which is dictated by their boss and their bosses boss etc)... is just retarded.

the only thing they are experts at, is being a good worker.

but this thread isnt about being a good worker. it's about Gettin' money like a muthaf

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-24-2013 at 02:32 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 AM   #205
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
but this thread isnt about being a good worker. it's about Gettin' money like a muthaf
20 days until my book release!
A little nervous as it is my first novel. In fact, here's a fun fact:

I'm actually more apprehensive that my book will be a success rather than a failure.

Why? If my book releases and I make 10 sales a day, worldwide, that's approximately an extra 1.5-2k per month in income. My life won't change much and I'll stick to writing, working, and promoting. I will eat humble pie and shine Hypa's boot with my tongue.

If my book releases and I somehow sell 50 books per day on average, that would be an extra 9k per month, which would drastically alter my path in life. I could afford to hire a film crew and make my choose-your-own-adventure style erotic game I call "simrotica" based on the characters in the City of Singles universe. It's like a soap opera with sex tapes based on characters you interact with. The game would be free to play, $1 micro-payment if you want to watch the sex scenes.(filmed by anonymous body-double actors who never show their faces) Using body-doubles for the sex scenes means you could actually hire people who can act and want to act for the roles of the characters, while you could hire people who are in shape and who can fuck well on camera for the sex scenes! Win-win!

Also, if I was in a position to revenue-share with the couples who perform sexually, perhaps they could get royalties for years from making the tapes. Totally anonymous as well, to protect their privacy. Think of how many people out there who would love to get paid to make a sex tape with their girlfriend if they knew nobody would find out, and they'd get paid for it.(Faces not shown, tattoos covered, fake birthmarks/tattoos possibly added)

If, by some incredible stroke of luck and timing, my novel actually becomes popular and I sold 100 books per day on average world-wide, that would be 18k per month.

FYI:

So how many books do you actually need to sell to make it onto, say, the Times list? There is no defined threshold, but according to the Stanford study, one book made the hardcover fiction list selling only 2,108 copies a week; more typically, the median weekly sales figure in the study was 18,717. And most books can't keep even these modest sale rates up for long: Sales generally peak during a book's second week on the list and then steadily decline. Over a period of six months, the median best seller in the Stanford study averaged weekly sales of just over 3,600 copies.

Wish me luck, I don't want to be licking Hypa's dirty boot

Last edited by Jason00S2000; 01-24-2013 at 04:43 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #206
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:

Well, its more about Jason0S2000's vanity than anything else.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #207
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

You keep saying you look at the big picture but you are only looking at the big picture of the corporate food chain. You are ranking people in terms of their status. But what about other things in life. Also just because someone works at a bottom level in a corporation, that same person may have their own business on the side where he is the top boss. Therefore that one person is both at the top and bottom.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #208
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Well, its more about Jason0S2000's vanity than anything else.

Said on a website dedicated to flashy cars.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #209
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Said on a website dedicated to flashy cars.
wait this website is dedicated to flashy cars?

in order for me to get said flashy car, i suppose i would need to get money like a mutha fucka

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #210
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
I will eat humble pie and shine Hypa's boot with my tongue.

Honestly man, I've argued, and fought, and tried to promote a different idea of how to live. But in the end, I'm cheering for you to go somewhere with this. I'd rather see you make it, in order to prove to myself that maybe my way isn't the only way. I've become a bit jaded seeing a lot of my friends either fail or accept their fate. You're one of the few individuals who I've seen rise from humble beginnings and really achieve some success in your field. Along with having a hell of a lot of cool experiences along the way.

Who knows.
If you make it, that might be the inspiration I need to leave my job and get that law degree I've always wanted.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #211
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
dribble dribble ramble ramble

I don't know how you expect anyone to read your posts when you can't even form complete sentences or anything resembling a paragraph. Seriously please learn to type properly you've been using a computer long enough.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #212
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
I read all of it
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #213
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Sell 5000 copies total and get on the Canadian best sellers list.

What does it take to be a bestseller?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #214
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post

I don't know how you expect anyone to read your posts when you can't even form complete sentences or anything resembling a paragraph. Seriously please learn to type properly you've been using a computer long enough.
my posts are designed for the adhd nature of most people now. they are paragraphs.

they are very very short ones. like this.

so that people with short attention spans will keep reading.

each space is a pause in which you should return back into your head, and do some deeper thinking and review on if what i have said actually clicks in your head before moving onto the next point.

get it?

good.

plus i tend to think of my posts as speeches, not academic papers. i speak the the broad audience, not just to people who think they're intelligent.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #215
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Why do people want to get money like muthaf?!?

I'd actually be curious to know. What are you planning to do if you make a killing with your book Jason?

I am nowhere near that category. I have a decent job and some decent investments that provide me enough for toys I want, support my own family and still have something left knowing that I don't live paycheck to paycheck. I'm perfectly happy with that and nothing else really attracts me much.

My parents are 7-figures earners, but their life isn't much different than mine. We check prices for everything we buy in our life, we travel twice a year (granted they do much longer travels as they are retired) and we eat mostly at home cooked by ourselves.

Money doesn't bring happiness. In fact, my parents are always worrying how to invest their money so the money doesn't sit in banks losing value. Money just allows more possibilities in life.

Don't wish to get money like muthaf... rather, get enough. And be happy.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #216
I keep RS good

yeah well, some people are satisfied at 50k a year. some people are satsified at 500k. some at 7 figures. some at 8. some at 9 figures.

you travel twice a year you say? what if some people like to travel 8 months out of the year?

or they like to build empires to spread their influence. it is their hobby and passion. and it just happens to be their job too.

it's subjective... like we discussed in the earlier pages.

every echelon of income you reach, you will most likely encounter people that live in that level/bubble. you'll most likely stop when you reach a level where you're comfortable with everyone else in that group and also the style of spending. some people want to be at the top, for the sake of being at the top. if they're happy there.. well then, let them climb.

i have a lot of friends that have "more money than they know what to do with"... they make about 80-130k+. they're about 29-31, some married, some not. they're happy. good for them. i'm not gonna tell them how to spend their money if they're already happy. but if they're ever unhappy, i'm sure they'll be all ears.

on the other hand, i have friends that are millionaires, and they seem like they're just getting started in life. like they just discovered some new world... like their entire lives have been just training to reach that moment, so that their real lives can begin.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #217
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Why do people want to get money like muthaf?!?

I'd actually be curious to know. What are you planning to do if you make a killing with your book Jason?

I am nowhere near that category. I have a decent job and some decent investments that provide me enough for toys I want, support my own family and still have something left knowing that I don't live paycheck to paycheck. I'm perfectly happy with that and nothing else really attracts me much.

My parents are 7-figures earners, but their life isn't much different than mine. We check prices for everything we buy in our life, we travel twice a year (granted they do much longer travels as they are retired) and we eat mostly at home cooked by ourselves.

Money doesn't bring happiness. In fact, my parents are always worrying how to invest their money so the money doesn't sit in banks losing value. Money just allows more possibilities in life.

Don't wish to get money like muthaf... rather, get enough. And be happy.
When you are still worrying about money, you simply aren't making enough.
I also see that you are just living a fixed life on a fixed schedule. I just don't see any freedom in that. You are just saying you are happy with what you have left over and compare to a lot of ppl, you really don't have financial burden as long as you have a job. Can you quit your job and just do whatever you want? Even your parents are retired and got a good chunk of money left, they still don't have the freedom to do whatever they want any time they want.

The biggest difference is you have a job, I own a business. I could wake up 3 in the afternoon and still be making money. Can you say I feel like going to places in shanghai tonight, and just fly there? I have the freedom to do so, and to able to do so, you really need to make money like a muthaf before you can even get close to experiencing life thats not set in a box.

On another hand, the more money I make, the less I need to spend on necessity stuff like on food or travelling.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #218
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
What are you planning to do if you make a killing with your book Jason?

Make art, innovate as much as possible. I have an endless supply of cool ideas of things I would design and fund, and a shortlist of local artists that I would support with grants. Ken Foster being one of them.

If you gave me 10 million, I would put aside only a tiny fraction for myself and blow the rest on unique projects. I have a ton of ideas!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #219
The sound of inevitability

Guys...

Guys...

The book could also be...

a hat.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #220
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
I have a ton of ideas!!!
Like the time you and your brother turned your beds into bunk beds so you could do more activities!?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #221
Banned (ABWS)

[quote=Hehe;8141822
In fact, my parents are always worrying how to invest their money so the money doesn't sit in banks losing value. Money just allows more possibilities in life.[/quote]

they have to know how to borrow money faster so they can retire in DEBT

do they make 1 million/yr before or after taxes?

Last edited by diesel_test; 01-25-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #222
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Hyde and diesel_test have participated in this thread.

If Marco_911 joins in, then my life will be complete!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #223
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
my posts are designed for the adhd nature of most people now. they are paragraphs.

they are very very short ones. like this.

so that people with short attention spans will keep reading.

each space is a pause in which you should return back into your head, and do some deeper thinking and review on if what i have said actually clicks in your head before moving onto the next point.

get it?

good.

plus i tend to think of my posts as speeches, not academic papers. i speak the the broad audience, not just to people who think they're intelligent.
when i read your posts i picture mr. t saying them in Rocky when he's talking shit about the fight
Old 01-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #224
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
It's kind of funny how some ppl in this thread talk about the "upper echelon" of society and them being so wealthy they can take limitless time off , do what they want with their day etc

Through my job I've had the opportunities to work with businessmen in the lower mainland making 8 figure salaries, have buildings around Vancouver with their names on them and have virtually limitless wealth

With that said, these people NEVER take a day off, whether it be their corporations, philanthropy, hosting events, etc they are ALWAYS "working" and in essence building their legacy as Hypa mentioned earlier in this thread the fact they are worth so much just means that are working that much harder on a daily basis than you or I, and of these people I worked along side not a single one ever gave their children a limitless visa, bought anything they wanted, etc outside of their living means you wouldn't tell them apart from the typical clown driving a 70k vehicle making $30 an hour
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #225
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
Can you quit your job and just do whatever you want? Even your parents are retired and got a good chunk of money left, they still don't have the freedom to do whatever they want any time they want.

The biggest difference is you have a job, I own a business. I could wake up 3 in the afternoon and still be making money. Can you say I feel like going to places in shanghai tonight, and just fly there? I have the freedom to do so, and to able to do so, you really need to make money like a muthaf before you can even get close to experiencing life thats not set in a box.

On another hand, the more money I make, the less I need to spend on necessity stuff like on food or travelling.
I can quit my job and still be perfectly happy. My job is my way of staying in-touch with the current of what I do best. But it's by no mean a necessity.

Furthermore, I don't see what's the bragging about doing what you want, when you want. It's all about being spontaneous. When I was younger, I have done many trips to multiple destinations around the world just because I felt like it. But that didn't make my life any better than now. In fact, that just meant I was a unorganized person who was stupid enough to do that.

Maybe you are not old enough to understand it yet. But there would come one day, where you appreciate stability. And you'd actually spend big bucks to get that rather than being spontaneous. I.E: I want the exact bottle of cognac year after year. All those flashy new bottles don't interest me. I just want the exactly the same. So, I load up boxes of the cognac I like rather than always buying the newest stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_test View Post
they have to know how to borrow money faster so they can retire in DEBT

do they make 1 million/yr before or after taxes?
Debt? They have been debt-free for the last 20 years. What's the point of owning 100m worth of stuff and have 80m in debt?

As for their income... let's just say they are 7-figures earner no matter how you tax it.

Quote:
yeah well, some people are satisfied at 50k a year. some people are satsified at 500k. some at 7 figures. some at 8. some at 9 figures.

you travel twice a year you say? what if some people like to travel 8 months out of the year?

or they like to build empires to spread their influence. it is their hobby and passion. and it just happens to be their job too.

it's subjective... like we discussed in the earlier pages.

every echelon of income you reach, you will most likely encounter people that live in that level/bubble. you'll most likely stop when you reach a level where you're comfortable with everyone else in that group and also the style of spending. some people want to be at the top, for the sake of being at the top. if they're happy there.. well then, let them climb.

i have a lot of friends that have "more money than they know what to do with"... they make about 80-130k+. they're about 29-31, some married, some not. they're happy. good for them. i'm not gonna tell them how to spend their money if they're already happy. but if they're ever unhappy, i'm sure they'll be all ears.

on the other hand, i have friends that are millionaires, and they seem like they're just getting started in life. like they just discovered some new world... like their entire lives have been just training to reach that moment, so that their real lives can begin.
Exactly. That's why I said, get ENOUGH. If one still has the desire to do some other stuff to be happy, try to earn enough to do that and be happier. But if getting more money doesn't bring any additional satisfaction, why bother?

It's like my parents. They earn a number far beyond their lifestyle. And you know what? That number is still increasing. Thus, the money doesn't bring them happiness. They are expecting to break 8-figures within this decade, but their lifestyle would still be EXACTLY like today.

IMHO, people who don't make enough to cover everything in their life would discuss about the possibilities that extra money bring them. But why not figure out what would truly make you happy and then work toward the financial status required to do so; rather than blindly seek for money.