REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #226
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
right now im comfortable with what im making, but if I made double... i would be gettin money like a muthaf...
Advertisement
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #227
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
IMHO, people who don't make enough to cover everything in their life would discuss about the possibilities that extra money bring them. But why not figure out what would truly make you happy and then work toward the financial status required to do so; rather than blindly seek for money.
Wow, quoted for truth!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #228
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

Debt? They have been debt-free for the last 20 years. What's the point of owning 100m worth of stuff and have 80m in debt?

As for their income... let's just say they are 7-figures earner no matter how you tax it.
well, if you're 100M in debt for your house/cars/jewelry then that isn't good. you know these things don't make you more money it loses value every year

but if you're in debt for something like your business and rental properties and it makes you money, it gives you a pretty good passive income when you retire and they're taxed less than RRSP's

Last edited by diesel_test; 01-25-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #229
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
It's kind of funny how some ppl in this thread talk about the "upper echelon" of society and them being so wealthy they can take limitless time off , do what they want with their day etc

Through my job I've had the opportunities to work with businessmen in the lower mainland making 8 figure salaries, have buildings around Vancouver with their names on them and have virtually limitless wealth

With that said, these people NEVER take a day off, whether it be their corporations, philanthropy, hosting events, etc they are ALWAYS "working" and in essence building their legacy as Hypa mentioned earlier in this thread the fact they are worth so much just means that are working that much harder on a daily basis than you or I, and of these people I worked along side not a single one ever gave their children a limitless visa, bought anything they wanted, etc outside of their living means you wouldn't tell them apart from the typical clown driving a 70k vehicle making $30 an hour
Posted via RS Mobile
You are right, every second of what I do involves my business. But at the same time, my business/job involves getting paid to do things that even Jason could never even dream of doing.

When you are at that level of wealth. You won't be seeking for money anymore. You would be seeking on how to change people's life with what they do and with the amount of wealth they have to accomplish it.

For me, I think time is much more valuable than money now.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #230
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
It's kind of funny how some ppl in this thread talk about the "upper echelon" of society and them being so wealthy they can take limitless time off , do what they want with their day etc

Through my job I've had the opportunities to work with businessmen in the lower mainland making 8 figure salaries, have buildings around Vancouver with their names on them and have virtually limitless wealth

With that said, these people NEVER take a day off, whether it be their corporations, philanthropy, hosting events, etc they are ALWAYS "working" and in essence building their legacy as Hypa mentioned earlier in this thread the fact they are worth so much just means that are working that much harder on a daily basis than you or I, and of these people I worked along side not a single one ever gave their children a limitless visa, bought anything they wanted, etc outside of their living means you wouldn't tell them apart from the typical clown driving a 70k vehicle making $30 an hour
Posted via RS Mobile
couldn agree more. granted my industry is a bit more laud back and less conservative than say financial services or lawyers

but every ceo, cfo, coo and balling enterpreneur that ive come across (at least in vancouver) not only enjoya working crazy hours but is humble and would rather have some normal food than a baller dinner. and rather drive the family around in a minivan than own a ferrari. different strokes for different folks, but even the people who i know of that do enjoy luxurious items - they spend their time with other rich people talking about work and building a brand and differentiating the company and driving up stock. not about "the finer things". work work work!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #231
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
But that doesn't mean all rich people are like that. And I doubt many true super riches (I consider to be anyone with 100m+ NET worth) actually work at all.

Sure there are many rich people who work their ass off to get what they have, but that to me has more to do with the western propaganda of "if you work hard, you can make it" philosophy. And people enjoy those kind of stories.

Nevertheless, most of the true super riches that I have come across in my life don't spend more than 10% of their waking minutes on their business.

The true riches have army of smartasses taking care of everything for them. They only need to do stuff that absolutely require their presence: signing documents, meetings, events... etc.

It's rather cruel to know the amount of money they make for doing almost nothing... but that's the sad reality and many popular propaganda are simply tools to make average joes like us to feel better.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #232
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
They are expecting to break 8-figures within this decade, but their lifestyle would still be EXACTLY like today.

People like this, whether they make 4 figures yearly or 8, are drones. They will never change or influence society. There are some people who have every resource imaginable, but they have no ability to do anything with it other than live the life that other people think they should live.

Names like,

Hemingway
Wilde
Bukowski
Warhol
Jackson
Presley
Cobain
Joplin
Tillman
Armstrong

These are the people who leave a timeless legacy. Yes, many of them had drug problems and died early, but being a unique snowflake is not easy.

For each of these multi-millionaire business developers with oodles of money and names on buildings, they will be quickly forgotten. How do these people shape our art or culture?

They did nothing different than what was expected of them.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #233
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post

Names like,

Hemingway-self-inflicted
Wilde-interesting: imprisonment, then depression then death
Bukowski-notorious alcoholic
Warhol
Jackson
Presley-overdose
Cobain-self-inflicted.
Joplin-overdose
Tillman
Armstrong
Off the top of my head, I can't remember the circumstances of Andy Warhol's death, or the others left blank.

These people led conflicted lives. Yes, they were successful for their art, which will live on past their time-but it had a cost.

You are really romanticizing a sect of society, but I edit to add, I do appreciate that you are "doing" rather than...sorry, I was going to say "talking" but that's a lie. You are kind of doing AND talking.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #234

Quote:
People like this, whether they make 4 figures yearly or 8, are drones. They will never change or influence society. There are some people who have every resource imaginable, but they have no ability to do anything with it other than live the life that other people think they should live.

Names like,

Hemingway
Wilde
Bukowski
Warhol
Jackson
Presley
Cobain
Joplin
Tillman
Armstrong

These are the people who leave a timeless legacy. Yes, many of them had drug problems and died early, but being a unique snowflake is not easy.

For each of these multi-millionaire business developers with oodles of money and names on buildings, they will be quickly forgotten. How do these people shape our art or culture?

They did nothing different than what was expected of them.
I beg to differ. The "legacy" you mentioned for these people was nothing more than the financial success that their work/job brought to them.

Hemingway could have written better than Shakespeare and still go unnoticed. They are nothing more than the by-product of those multi-millionaires. It's all part of the game. A game that millionaires play to maintain/achieve their millionaire status.

Art, in any perceivable form, is purely subjective and easily manipulated

Legacies (to the humanity as a whole) are for those who truly made a difference. Lincoln, Washington, Sun Yat-Sen, and Einstein (to name a few) are those who had a legacy... not those you mentioned.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #235
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Legacies (to the humanity as a whole) are for those who truly made a difference. Lincoln, Washington, Sun Yat-Sen, and Einstein (to name a few) are those who had a legacy... not those you mentioned.
Why do I get the feeling that this type of argument ends up mirroring the same divide found between Ford and Chevy guys.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #236
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
It is not a coincidence that you chose 3 politicians/military leaders and one scientist. You could say they had massive external influence on their people, through real on-the-ground changes in society. None of the people you list were alive to see The Internet.

I think now, especially due to the ubiquity of internet connections and the lifestyles associated with that, artists have even more power to shape humanity internally. Our great struggle has gone from surviving beyond 40, to being happy and remaining entertained enough that the lifestyles of our neighbors do not offend each other. Some people say Vancouver is cold, I call it extremely tolerant, the perceived coldness is a part of that tolerance.

However, this thread isn't about freeing slaves, or crossing the Delaware, this is about getting money like a muthafucka.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #237

Quote:
It is not a coincidence that you chose 3 politicians/military leaders and one scientist. You could say they had massive external influence on their people, through real on-the-ground changes in society. None of the people you list were alive to see The Internet.

I think now, especially due to the ubiquity of internet connections and the lifestyles associated with that, artists have even more power to shape humanity internally. Our great struggle has gone from surviving beyond 40, to being happy and remaining entertained enough that the lifestyles of our neighbors do not offend each other. Some people say Vancouver is cold, I call it extremely tolerant, the perceived coldness is a part of that tolerance.

However, this thread isn't about freeing slaves, or crossing the Delaware, this is about getting money like a muthafucka.
Exactly. It's all about getting like a muthaf. But don't romanticize and justify this nasty and cruel act.

Art or not... it's all about making a buck. Would anyone care for Warhol if his work doesn't sell?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #238
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
that's just vancouver... you're still limited by what you have seen. what about the hundreds of thousands of other millionaires out there?

yeah i know millionaire and billionaires that work alllll fuckin day. alll night. they are serious business people. business is their life.

and i know others that don't do jack shit. wake up when they want, do what they want, when they want. they have little squires that call them if anything important needs to be brought to their attention.

what you see, is just a fraction of the truth. the world is big. there are more millionaires out there than you can believe.

Quote:
IMHO, people who don't make enough to cover everything in their life would discuss about the possibilities that extra money bring them. But why not figure out what would truly make you happy and then work toward the financial status required to do so; rather than blindly seek for money.
I think about this everyday. I know what will make my life happy. It involves a lot of freedom. and not having any financial burdens OR any schedule I have to follow (dictated by others).

that alone requires money.

and that's just the beginning of what I want. I don't really care about ferrari's and big houses and and blowing money on stupid shit. I grew up surrounded by that.

But like jason... i have lots of ideas. i have lots of passions and hobbies i'd like to just get up and go do. and not think of the time or money it would cost. i would just do it. and if i felt like dropping it, i'd just drop it. and pick something else up.

everything I think of... can be solved with money (certain amount).

of course I don't need 100million dollars to do that. but i KNOW if i reach that amount, it will enable me to do things I have never thought possible before.

for me it's not just about myself. if someone else close to me wants something badly. I want to be able to throw down the money for them.

you see, once you start considering not just yourself. but your close friends and family... things start getting costly.

if your dream costs millions to achieve... what about their dreams.. after you achieved yours? you'll need plenty of millions to help achieve theirs as well.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean all rich people are like that. And I doubt many true super riches (I consider to be anyone with 100m+ NET worth) actually work at all.

Sure there are many rich people who work their ass off to get what they have, but that to me has more to do with the western propaganda of "if you work hard, you can make it" philosophy. And people enjoy those kind of stories.

Nevertheless, most of the true super riches that I have come across in my life don't spend more than 10% of their waking minutes on their business.

The true riches have army of smartasses taking care of everything for them. They only need to do stuff that absolutely require their presence: signing documents, meetings, events... etc.

It's rather cruel to know the amount of money they make for doing almost nothing... but that's the sad reality and many popular propaganda are simply tools to make average joes like us to feel better.
This i can agree on.

for every hard working million/billionaire ive met, i've met a handful more that don't work at all.

you see... when you're in the working class, you're only going to meet other working class. your view of the world is small.

the people in the "other world"/echelon... don't hang out with you. they have no need to. they aren't your friend. they didn't grow up with you. they don't live near you. they don't work. you have very small probability to meet them. unless you're an acquaintance or you have something they need.

yeah they do whatever they want all day all night. but you guys have no right to look down on them just because they're not "hard working".

all i see in this thread, is like hehe says... western brainwashing. "work hard, be a good person, your life will be great".

it's a lie.

the proper phrase should be "do what you want, your life will be great"

and if what you want, you don't know how to get... start following and hanging out with people that have what you want.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #239
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Art or not... it's all about making a buck. Would anyone care for Warhol if his work doesn't sell?
using debt for investments the interest is tax-deductable

Making $1 and saving $1 doesn't work anymore. Owing $1 and making $2 off of it is the way to RICH
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_test View Post
using debt for investments the interest is tax-deductable

Making $1 and saving $1 doesn't work anymore. Owing $1 and making $2 off of it is the way to RICH

Yes... but taking debt is NOT the best way for tax efficiency. If taking on debt is so efficient, companies like Google or Apple wouldn't want to sit on hundred of billions in CASH!. Also, debt makes one to make irrational decisions.

As for my parents, they don't borrow to grow their fortune. Because they invest very cautiously. And opportunity that they consider worthwhile doesn't come often. Should any opportunity be beyond their budget, they would simply partner with others to pay it in cash.

And cash has this magical power... my parents have bargained the **** out of many deals simply because they didn't need to add the "pending on financing" clause.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
I think about this everyday. I know what will make my life happy. It involves a lot of freedom. and not having any financial burdens OR any schedule I have to follow (dictated by others).

that alone requires money.

and that's just the beginning of what I want. I don't really care about ferrari's and big houses and and blowing money on stupid shit. I grew up surrounded by that.

But like jason... i have lots of ideas. i have lots of passions and hobbies i'd like to just get up and go do. and not think of the time or money it would cost. i would just do it. and if i felt like dropping it, i'd just drop it. and pick something else up.

everything I think of... can be solved with money (certain amount).

of course I don't need 100million dollars to do that. but i KNOW if i reach that amount, it will enable me to do things I have never thought possible before.

for me it's not just about myself. if someone else close to me wants something badly. I want to be able to throw down the money for them.

you see, once you start considering not just yourself. but your close friends and family... things start getting costly.

if your dream costs millions to achieve... what about their dreams.. after you achieved yours? you'll need plenty of millions to help achieve theirs as well..
If helping F&F to achieve their dream is your ultimate dream (the single act that satisfy you the most), all I can say is... Do you need a friend?

In the long run, you'd realize that it all comes back to yourself... and nothing else. That day would come... one day...
Old 01-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #242
Banned By Establishment

Theres really only two ways to get rich which is being an employer or an employee with significant stock options (which in essence makes you an employer).

How you become one takes many sacrifices and risk which is the hard part. Many people would rather work their 8 hour days and weekends off for job/relationship security instead. I've seen too many give up their ambitions because their gf/wife was not supportive of their long hours and never got back up due to being sunk by a mortgage and 2 kids.

"smart is when you hire people more intelligent than you to work for you"
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #243

^

There is another way... be a lucky sperm.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #244
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
^

There is another way... be a lucky sperm.

I have yet to meet someone born rich that has done anything really impressive with the resources available to them. Usually it's poor people who get rich who do cool shit!
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #245
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
I have yet to meet someone born rich that has done anything really impressive with the resources available to them. Usually it's poor people who get rich who do cool shit!
I know someone who's born rich, his dads worth 100m+. Sure he has nice stuff and don't need to work but he and his wife are at the mercy of his dad. Can't buy a car/vacation without permission. They're just waiting for him to die which is sad....
Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #246
The sound of inevitability

Quote:

For the love of God, if you're going to fucking post a picture of someone getting mad money like a muthafucka, put up Bill Gates or Oprah or someone that contributed something to humanity. Instead, you chose a piece of shit fucking retard whose biggest audiance are illeterate monkey-esque "people" that frown upon learning or any kind of intellectual progress.
He's a sell out to even the fake idiotic lifestyle and image he promotes in his... music.. is it?

"I'm original"
"I'm so not stereotypical"
"I don't set out to be different , I set out to be me, and that's what makes me different"
"I do me"
"SO GET A MOUNTAIN DEW"

hurr so unique..

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #247
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
what motivates people to work hard at their jobs? poor people are trying to work hard for what? you think a lotto winner would keep working after they win?

the people born rich, why would they wanna try anymore if they already have what the poor people are striving for? that might be the answer

so here's a piece of shit for you

Last edited by diesel_test; 01-27-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #248
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
or someone that contributed something to humanity.

So easy to trash Lil Wayne, but do you really know how many lives he's touched?
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #249
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
So easy to trash Lil Wayne, but do you really know how many lives he's touched?
i'm sure he's touched a lot women

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #250
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled