REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Thailand Vacation

I am thinking of going to Thailand this year, possibly in May for about a week to a week and a half.
I'm a hardcore foodie so everywhere I go am I looking for the best local cuisine they can offer. I'll eat anything and try anything once.

Now since I only just decided like a day ago, I haven't really got a clue as to what to do or where to go. So here's where I ask RS for any first hand experience.

My friend asked me if I wanted to stay in Bangkok or head more south to Phuket, maybe even Pattaya. I figured the more south it is, the more tropical? I'm not sure if it will be scorching hot in May though...

So as you can tell I'm starting at scratch ...
Off the top of my head:
Ride an elephant! Check out some Tigers
Hit up a stripper bar thingy ... (heard it's a must in Thailand)
Get a massage
Eat delicious food everywhere! Seafood?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
So I was asking some friends and customers, apparently Pattaya is full of Russian mafia?... guess I'll be heading to Phuket ... I wonder how much the flight is ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I'm in Thailand right now actually! I would recommend a longer stay than 2 weeks. It will take your body 1-2 weeks to get adjusted to climate and time change. Ping pong shows in Bangkok are nasty but only reason I went is because I was in Bangkok! I'm in ko phagnan right now. Ever heard of a full moon party? Shit is insane there was actually one last night. I'd say check it out if you're into that kinda thing. Chaing Mai has that tiger kingdom which looks pretty cool. Koh phi phi is supposed to be very nice as well. ( there both on my list!) pad thai is the best food you'll eat here. As for massages, they are cheap! 250 baht ($8) will get you an hour thai massage.
Posted via RS Mobile
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote