REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Canada post tracking (https://www.revscene.net/forums/679593-canada-post-tracking.html)

jr 01-24-2013 03:30 PM

Canada post tracking

Hey, so i bought something off a seller in canada(being shipped within canada), and they said they shipped the item on monday using regular mail. They provided me with a tracking number but ever since monday i have been checking everyday and it says "We were not able to find any results." Over the last couple days i thought maybe the seller just provided me with a fake tracking number but if i actually make one up it says "we are unable to find that number in our system" and it does not say that when i put in the one he gave me. Also when you ship something via canada post, isnt it scanned right away and put into their system? I looked online and they're complaints about their tracking system. I wonder if anyone has any personal experience and can let me know whats going on.

I callled canada post and they said sometimes it take up to 48 hrs for in to get into their system, but 48 hrs have already passed and still nothing. They also told me that if they put it in one of those red canada post bins, its not scanned until it reaches the depot? Wouldnt it reach the depot the same day it was picked up from the bin?

Harvey Specter 01-24-2013 03:33 PM

Regular post can't be traced, the tracking # the seller provided is basically a tracking # that Canada Post can use if the package gets lost. And you only get a tracking # for regular post when you use Canada Post's "ship and click".

StylinRed 01-24-2013 04:09 PM

all within canada parcels are trackable

but a lot of times you'll get your package before the tracking even works ;)

1exotic 01-24-2013 04:32 PM

lol.

jr 01-24-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 8141305)

lol.

:fullofwin:

lol i guess i just got to play the waiting game.

CRS 01-24-2013 06:02 PM

Dear...

jr 96.55.213.185 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
puma125 96.55.213.185 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
z-33 96.55.213.185 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

I'm going to go ahead and ban all 3 of your accounts. I'll leave the one that you made an awesome post in the Police forum so that it'll stay in your history. Enjoy.

Create another account and you'll be IP banned.

StylinRed 01-24-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 8141405)
I'm going to go ahead and ban all 3 of your accounts. I'll leave the one that you made an awesome post in the Police forum so that it'll stay in your history. Enjoy.

thanks for the luls :fullofwin:

bloodline129 01-24-2013 06:37 PM

Why the phuck would people open so many effin accounts in the first place?
Posted via RS Mobile

Porschedog 01-24-2013 06:40 PM

why do you have to open a new account to post a legit question...

StylinRed 01-24-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschedog (Post 8141426)
why do you have to open a new account to post a legit question...

probably because of all the flack he got from his police forum thread that CRS alluded to