REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #76
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I would lean towards probability. You can avoid certain things to ensure "bad luck" doesn't happen.
Yup.if its your time to die then its your time to die. Not because your unlucky .
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #77
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
I still chill with the same core people I rolled with years ago, minus a few guys who became shady, fell off, etc. I have the same mentality as dlo; that is ride with your buddies until the end. But there is a point in life where you, realize fuck it and you got to do your own thing. What if one of your friends is going another route that you don't want to head? ie: selling drugs or do shit all in life.

When a single crab is in a bucket, it can escape, but when a group of crabs are in a bucket and try to escape, no one will get out. When one crab rises, the rest pulls it down. Point is, your buddies will drag you down but they wont know that they're even doing it.

You learn to grow up and try to distance yourself from the distractions. Anyways RIP.
Jegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #78
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I would lean towards probability. You can avoid certain things to ensure "bad luck" doesn't happen.
yeah, but i can easily shove that reasoning back at you.

take any instance from your life, where you were doing something you shouldn't be. perhaps something dangerous or whatever.

you're safe now. but imagine if something bad had actually happened. something that you didn't plan for and didn't foresee. imagine someone got seriously injured or died because of that.

everyone's been in a dangerous situation before. just imagine, you weren't so lucky.

it only needs to happen once.

a simple example would be shit like firecrackers. 99% of you have played with that shit ok.

or drinking and driving, oh i know, a shit ton of you have done that.

or that moment of anger, where you're about to punch someone in the face cuz you're so fucking angry, but for some reason you calmed down just before it clicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Yup.if its your time to die then its your time to die. Not because your unlucky .
or how about if a forum member is a fucking psycho and decided they've had enough of your retarded comments and makes it his mission to destroy you. yeah? you decided to post on rs, so it's your fault someone decided to come kill you right?

hmm how about if you just got your dream job, and you've worked hard to get this position. you're finally in a happy place in your life. then an important family member dies... overseas. but you're on probation at work. your boss is a prick. you pick, the funeral or your job? is that unlucky or what? or is it your fault you chose to get that job. or is it your family members fault that they had to fucking die when you're on probation?

you are a prime example of the unlucky/unfortunate. you're fucking retarded.

give me a break. do i need to post that fucking mcfly video again?

THINK. USE YOUR FUCKIN BRAIN. THINK MAN. THINK.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-25-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #79
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #80
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
teenagers are stupid in general so i'm not too surprised by an attack with bats,swords,etc

hell i remember Gladstone in the late 80s and 90s, chains, bats, knives, etc, etc were common
Funny you mentioned that. When I was younger I was in a fight in their soccer field and got caught off guard with a pipe to my back.

Good and bad memories I guess.

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #81
RS controls my life!

RIP.

Internet never fails to shit on serious threads.
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yeah, but i can easily shove that reasoning back at you.

take any instance from your life, where you were doing something you shouldn't be. perhaps something dangerous or whatever.

you're safe now. but imagine if something bad had actually happened. something that you didn't plan for and didn't foresee. imagine someone got seriously injured or died because of that.

everyone's been in a dangerous situation before. just imagine, you weren't so lucky.

it only needs to happen once.

a simple example would be shit like firecrackers. 99% of you have played with that shit ok.

or drinking and driving, oh i know, a shit ton of you have done that.

or that moment of anger, where you're about to punch someone in the face cuz you're so fucking angry, but for some reason you calmed down just before it clicked.

or how about if a forum member is a fucking psycho and decided they've had enough of your retarded comments and makes it his mission to destroy you. yeah? you decided to post on rs, so it's your fault someone decided to come kill you right?

hmm how about if you just got your dream job, and you've worked hard to get this position. you're finally in a happy place in your life. then an important family member dies... overseas. but you're on probation at work. your boss is a prick. you pick, the funeral or your job? is that unlucky or what? or is it your fault you chose to get that job. or is it your family members fault that they had to fucking die when you're on probation?

you are a prime example of the unlucky/unfortunate. you're fucking retarded.

give me a break. do i need to post that fucking mcfly video again?

THINK. USE YOUR FUCKIN BRAIN. THINK MAN. THINK.
Put that bong down bro. Your overthinking life.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #83
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
you know some people always function at that level without the need for weed.

i don't go around telling phd's they're over thinking just because i cannot think at their level.

you're just capped out bro. max capacity reached. no offence meant, seriously.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
you know some people always function at that level without the need for weed.

i don't go around telling phd's they're over thinking just because i cannot think at their level.

you're just capped out bro. max capacity reached. no offence meant, seriously.
No offence taken. Im not capped out, its my max giveafuck capacity has been reached . We all have different perspectives on life. Lets leave it at that
Old 01-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #85
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
What did dlo say that got erased?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #86
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
What did dlo say that got erased?
dlo was upset about losing a friend and got into it with some of the guys in this thread. He obviously didn't mean to turn this thread into a fight so I've taken care of the posts so we can get back on track.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #87
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts

Group hug, bitches. Leave the e-thuggery at the front door. El Bastardo's got milk and cookies. They contain nuts so you're out if you're allergic.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #88

I assume the heavy police presence in my neighbourhood has something to do with this murder. The police have been at this house up the road from me all day yesterday and all throughout the night. They are still out there this morning, only about 4 or 5 cars but there was more yesterday.

It's making me uncomfortable because it's just across the street from me and has to be pretty serious to have that kind of police presence. They are in the front, back, side and in the park across the road..

RS Feedback Rating
CrisQo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #89
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
bad things can happen to good people too..

"I'm a bad mutha fucka because the good die young" - Lil Wayne
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #90
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
No offence taken. Im not capped out, its my max giveafuck capacity has been reached . We all have different perspectives on life. Lets leave it at that
Max fucks given capacity, win.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #91
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:19 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #92
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
DLo got all hood rich on us
Posted via RS Mobile

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #93
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Can someone make a gang stories thread? This shit is so captivating, especially since so many locals here have stories to tell.
Posted via RS Mobile
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #94
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Victim ID'd

Police identify Vancouver's first homicide victim of 2013 | News1130
Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – The victim of Vancouver’s first homicide of the year is being identified.

Police says 19-year-old Manraj Akalirai died January 23 during a street brawl on Elgin Street near East 47th Avenue.

The attack is believed to have been targeted and involved bats, clubs, and a sword.

Investigators have said they believe the sword may have been the murder weapon.

Five men that were arrested shortly after the attack have all been released.

Police have a sixth suspect in custody they believe may have been involved in Akalirai’s death.

Last edited by Presto; 01-25-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Presto is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #95
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

RIP bro, just saw you driving around last week and now your gone..
Posted via RS Mobile
gregpatoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #96
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexsomnii View Post

RIP Manraj Akalirai
I have yet to even say his name... but just reading that brought tears to my eyes.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #97
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Can someone make a gang stories thread? This shit is so captivating, especially since so many locals here have stories to tell.
Posted via RS Mobile
Five-O
Posted via RS Mobile
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #98
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Very sad reading about this guy. I had a friend who was stabbed and killed by another friend 12 years ago which happen not too far from this murder at the basketball courts at Moberly. It was a senseless murder and this sounds like this was another senseless murder. The amount of pain and suffering the family will go through will unbearable and the person who committed this murder will probably live with guilt for the rest of their life. Sad situation all around.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #99
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post

Group hug, bitches. Leave the e-thuggery at the front door. El Bastardo's got milk and cookies. They contain nuts so you're out if you're allergic.
fuc Uz bitch,i run da streetz,yo.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #100
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Holy shit, I lived here 49th and victoria vancouver - Google Maps back in like... 96-97?

Does anyone remember a blue NSX with the license plate "Nasty1"? I used to see it around this neighborhood in like...94... and my friends who lived around there were scared shitless of the driver, haha.

That 7-11 was trouble after dark, that whole neighborhood was! I got jumped twice just going to the pizza place a block away, but I managed to run away both times with my pizza across the street. Then I was sucker punched coming out of the 7-11 at like 3 AM with some chips and shit. I dated a brown girl around there as well, and her vietnamese roommate had a boyfriend who smashed beer bottles on my car(Daytona Turbo)because I said her chicken dinner smelled bad. It did, it smelled like burnt hair. I didn't mean to be offensive!

I lived with a chinese family for a few months there, they were such nice people, the mom literally worked 16 hour days.
nice life bio there
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote