REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #51
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Gotta love when somone who put themselves in the position to be beheaded but don't worry because "he was a good guy"

Don't know about you guys but never been in the position with a gun to a head or a knife to my throat.
Posted via RS Mobile

It's actually not that far fetched; i remember back in high school someone kept doing lawns jobs at our house (corner lot) so layed out a board with nails in it on a weekend and sure enough this pickup came by to do their thing (i was actually looking out the window at the time) their tires popped they almost hit a pole and continued on but there was no way they would get far

stupidly, someone drove up and smashed their windows and these guys came back with about 20 people looking for "revenge"? (the fuck) they were drunk, high, and stupid

so something bad could have happened, neighbour called the police and the issue ended right there if it had been 2012/2013 i imagine those guys could have come back yet again for revenge

was it my fault? i guess you could say so since i escalated it but am i a scumbag or gangbanger type that "deserves" to die? fuck no

hell there are far better examples where the victim literally didn't deserve any form of violence/repercussions whatsoever but it happens to them and its far more frequent than you seem to think
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
wow, wtf.
Maybe that's why I saw some police tape and a parked Police car blocking a street when I was driving along 49th last night.

Not sure if it was a related incident, but seems to add up now
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #53
2 Wheelin' Mod

i'm agreeing with hondaracer after the stories i've heard about this guy

Edit: also he had other police encounters just never charged with anything

Last edited by Jas29; 01-24-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #54
My homepage has been set to RS

Where's Phil?

Again we have two sides,
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #55
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
By the way you talk, the guy who held the "piece" in your mouth should of pulled the trigger. Might do us all a favour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #56
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
Looks like we need some tighter sword control laws!
It's not about the law, is about the people. Guns don't kill people, it's the people who use the guns. Same goes with swords..
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #57
Director of RS Cares

You know what`s even more sad than the 19 year old kid who is dead?

People talking like it aint a big deal that they had a gun pointed at them, or how they will stand by their homies till the end mentality despite knowing the bad shit they do.

Life is about choices. The choice you make on how you`re gonna live your life and the choice of who you choose to BE IN your life is in the palm of your hands. If you have a chance to change or make another choice in life, why wouldn`t you if you can?

I don`t know the guy who passed so I`m not going to comment on his death except I wish his family and loved ones my deepest sympathy. I can`t even imagine the loss his parents are feeling; 19 is way too young.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #58
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
Then I choose to live my life like jason00s2000
Jegz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #59
Need my Daily Fix of RS

r.i.p M, you were like a brother to me
k2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #60
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Thanked 1,012 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
holyshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #61
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Hardcore.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #62
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

lol paul.
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #63
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Jesus. Please go play with your homies in some secluded are.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #64

well you guys must realize dlo did just lose an acquaintance and it must have brought forth a lot of emotions and thoughts about his own life

lets not go the traditional RS route and flame the guy for shits n giggles?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #65
RS Veteran

Why not have a group hug and therapy session too?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
You wanna race you your car?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #67
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

is that so.
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #68
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol isn't the idea of sympathy and empathy, that you could have just been as likely been in that scenario as anyone else?

you give sympathy to a retard or a cripple, because of your ability to feel empathy. meaning you realise that could be you.

some people's minds are just too small to imagine how a situation like that could happen to them.

sometimes trouble comes looking for you. or you're at the wrong place at the wrong time.

you don't have to be a bad boy or be in a gang to get your head chopped off. you could get robbed on vacation and get your fuckin head chopped off too. but some of you guys are just too stupid to realise that. you live in your world, where everything you've done is correct, and if you couldn't possibly imagining it happening to you, that means they must have been doing something bad.

incase some of you retards still don't get it, i'll draw it out in crayon.
just because YOU didn't "choose that path" doesn't mean you shouldn't give sympathy to them.

you were born into a different scenario, the events that occured in your life never lead you to a scenario like that, meaning you are LUCKY.

some others are not so lucky. worse yet, they are born into bad situations.

think beyond yourself. that could be your child, your family friend, your cousin, some kid you knew in high school. your buddy from elementary school that chose a different path.

Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #69
RS Veteran

Quote:
This was flattering. Thank you.

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
This is part of the problem. You see, you can be entitled to any sort of opinion to your heart's desire. But how you communicate it to others and how it is received is another. Not only that, it doesn't help that you're being an imposing little turd about what you believe in. Nobody appreciates it when you start shoving ideas and beliefs down peoples heads.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #70

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile

^^^ i can understand that too

i've friends who've grown into people i would never have hung out with before but i respect and cherish what we've been through in life and although we don't hang out anymore i still consider them friends and would offer a helping hand or friendly ear when they need

and with my comment above i didn't mean your views are currently irrational i meant that your hostility towards others are influenced moreso now by your emotions so others should take it easy
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
lol isn't the idea of sympathy and empathy, that you could have just been as likely been in that scenario as anyone else?

you give sympathy to a retard or a cripple, because of your ability to feel empathy. meaning you realise that could be you.

some people's minds are just too small to imagine how a situation like that could happen to them.

sometimes trouble comes looking for you. or you're at the wrong place at the wrong time.

you don't have to be a bad boy or be in a gang to get your head chopped off. you could get robbed on vacation and get your fuckin head chopped off too. but some of you guys are just too stupid to realise that. you live in your world, where everything you've done is correct, and if you couldn't possibly imagining it happening to you, that means they must have been doing something bad.

incase some of you retards still don't get it, i'll draw it out in crayon.
just because YOU didn't "choose that path" doesn't mean you shouldn't give sympathy to them.

you were born into a different scenario, the events that occured in your life never lead you to a scenario like that, meaning you are LUCKY.

some others are not so lucky. worse yet, they are born into bad situations.

think beyond yourself. that could be your child, your family friend, your cousin, some kid you knew in high school. your buddy from elementary school that chose a different path.

Think McFly THINK THINK! - YouTube
There's no such thing as luck. You choose the right direction regardless of your situation. unless your some retard born out of a cracked out mother.

From what i heard This guy seemed to have come from a good family and made the wrong choices in life.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #72
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
My intentions are not to go against you but to add some perspective. This mentality will hopefully change for your own safety.

The pain/anger/rage/sadness you must be going through will be felt by your own family if you ever got killed sticking it out till the end with your homies.

If you have a friend who you know is a very active 'gangster' and he asks you to come out while you have a 3 year old child at home, would you go out??? Why risk it... As you said, you never go out thinking you will have a gun pointed at you.

Part of growing up is knowing when to distance yourself from stuff like this despite how hard it might be.

I think this was the point other members were trying to make?

Sorry about your loss. I cant even imagine what it would feel like if one of my friends died like this.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #73
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile

Could you attempt to form a legible sentence that could pass as english, please? Or are you talking like that to emphasize the perspective in your story? It would make it easier for us to take you seriously, and for us to understand your feelings in greater detail.

You quote yourself as being different from these "homies" of yours, you tell us that you are trying to complete your education, and yet you say that you would smack the shit out of somebody and risk it all over a comment about somebody that is not with us anymore?

And for the love of god, a firearm is not a "piece" or a "gat", it's a firearm. If you had a firearm pointed at you, that should have been your signal to get as far away as possible from all of this supposed chaos. And whether you like it or not, hanging out with these people is putting you in a dangerous position, which is probably why you were caught with a firearm aimed at your head.

From what I can tell, this particular young man touched bases with a few members here. I don't think anybody here wished death upon him, we are simply trying to analyze what we are getting via news outlets.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #74
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
There's no such thing as luck. You choose the right direction regardless of your situation. unless your some retard born out of a cracked out mother.

From what i heard This guy seemed to have come from a good family and made the wrong choices in life.
i think you're too young to realise that there is such thing as luck.

such as you're not a black kid born into starvation. oh yeah you have aids too.

such as you were lucky you weren't in the twin towers when the planes fucking slammed into them.

such as when you go to the theatre next time, there isnt some random shooting and you're caught in the middle of it.

such as you wern't born into an abusive family... or how about you're born into poor ass family?

those are just a small sample of examples i can give.

the choices you make are not entirely up to you.
you are affected by every other factor in your life since you were born that lead up to that moment.

you consider entirely different choices when you're in certain moods.
you allow certain things to happen when you're in certain states of mind.

if you're right, then it's not him to blame. it's his parents. and his grand parents. and his grandparents parents.

because if they chose a different path in their life and maybe he was born on the west side, or in europe, he would have never been in that situation.

there is a lot of luck in life. you're a complete fool to think you have that much control of everything that happens around you.

the next time you get sick, it's your fault for getting sick.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #75
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
i think you're too young to realise that there is such thing as luck.

such as you're not a black kid born into starvation. oh yeah you have aids too.

such as you were lucky you weren't in the twin towers when the planes fucking slammed into them.

such as when you go to the theatre next time, there isnt some random shooting and you're caught in the middle of it.

those are just a small sample of examples i can give.

I would lean towards probability. You can avoid certain things to ensure "bad luck" doesn't happen.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote