REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   decision to release vehicle after impound? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/679603-decision-release-vehicle-after-impound.html)

ws6ta 01-24-2013 06:57 PM

decision to release vehicle after impound?

anyone had their car impounded because of a dui and applied for an early release? how long did they take to give you the decision? this past weekend my friend was driving my car. I had my appeal today at 10 am. Not sure how long I should wait. my uncle said they usually know within 20 minutes and call back if they will release or just send a letter if they won't release. any truth to this?

so annoyed by all of this.

zulutango 01-24-2013 07:20 PM

Hope you are really annoyed at your friend who chose to drink and drive...and to think so little of you that he risked damage, injury and death for others...and said basically I don't give a damn about you.

Hope you are not annoyed at the Cops who stopped him from doing this and the MVB who rescued your car from this moron you chose for a friend. Driving impaired is not an accident or mistake, it's deliberate choice...and so was him giving you the finger. He made a deliberate number of bad choices where he didn't think about anybody but himself. A smart person would never see him again.

ws6ta 01-24-2013 09:30 PM

zulutango..I agree with you and I think I came off wrong with my comment. My friend is also a class 4 driver who drives school children in the morning to school. I trusted him when he told me he has not drank. He told the police officers he has not had any alcohol. I was way too drunk to the point where I ended up renting a room and had my car valet parked. He got the keys from the valet. I did not know he had anything to drink but I got in my own car with him as he was going to pick up another friend of mine and meet with a few other friends. I was staying at the opus that night to avoid drinking and driving. I submitted all my evidence and my thoughts on the situation this morning. I was told by someone that owns an autoplan agency that usually if the situation is in my favor they call within an hour or so. The person on the phone told me it can take up to 7 days to get the letter. I was just curious if anyone else has experience with this situation and how long it took them. person from icbc also told me they would call if its in my favor and only a letter if it isn't.

thanks!

zulutango 01-25-2013 05:51 AM

It bothers me that he used to drive kids to school in the morning....the prohibition should fix that for at least a few months. Lied to the Police, lied to you, endangered other people and his employment...lets hope he will not be driving for a while. You did the right thing, he did everything wrong. I can't help you with the appeal timeline but suggest you contact the MVB and ask them when you could expect a dsecision?

bloodline129 01-25-2013 07:15 AM

Icbc is helping Unitow get their share... It will take up to 7 days ;) or a decision.
Roger and out.
Ps. Your friend disrespected pretty much everything a friendship is about.
Posted via RS Mobile

dared3vil0 01-26-2013 08:05 PM

Oh, I have to ask, Which car? Please don't say the 430.

ws6ta 01-28-2013 08:38 AM

7 series

It is taking so long to reach a decision.

I spoke with someone this morning after leaving them messages on Friday evening. I had my appeal 10am on Wednesday morning. They told me this morning that there is no decision yet.

I will update this thread for future reference if anyone else is in this situation.