REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #126
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Great finale! Enjoyed it alot crazy to think of how different this season was from the first (character changes aside) to go from epic arena battles to this

Gratitude!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #127
TVD
I am Hook'd on RS

My heart literally skipped a few beats when Crassus did his sword grab move against Spartacus in the final fight. I was totally caught off guard that it would be used again and against Sparty. I was thinking noooo Sparty can't go out that way but he came back and grabs the sword himself and gives Crassus that badass "game over" look. Truly freaking epic.

Props to Liam for making rebel leader/general Spartacus his own and being able to convey the emotion we often saw Andy bring to the table.

The 1st season and this final season have been my favorite. It's sad to see it go but I couldn't ask for a better final season then what Steven DeKnight et al have given us. It just seems that everything came together almost perfectly.
TVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #128
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Its ironic, gannicus was portrayed as such a 'sinful' character earlier in the series and he trys to make up for it but still gets punished by being hung by the romans instead of an honorable death. Great ending to a fantastic show. I am glad they got to end it the way they wanted.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #129
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
Its ironic, gannicus was portrayed as such a 'sinful' character earlier in the series and he trys to make up for it but still gets punished by being hung by the romans instead of an honorable death. Great ending to a fantastic show. I am glad they got to end it the way they wanted.
I agree.
I felt Gannicus needed a more glorious death.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #130
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Great Show...bittersweet it finally came to an end.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #131
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I loved that Crassus sword grabbing moment. I thought they'd do something like that when they showed Crassus killing his gladiator trainer with that move. Crassus is a formidable fighter but isn't quite up to the level of that gladiator. But it's his will to live and win that pushes him that much further...to be willing to hurt your hands probably really badly but win the fight. Well, he came up against an even stronger will in an even stronger warrior and I like to think that look on Crassus' face was not only fear but respect.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #132
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I'm rewatching the series, on the first episode and mind is blown!!!
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #133
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
i loved how in the ending credits they had a montage of andy whitfield, the guy who originally played spartacus but died of cancer. RIP
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #134
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
I'm one of those guys who almost never buys any movies or shows on DVD or I guess BluRay now a days unless I absolutely loved it but I may just have to buy the whole damn series when it's released.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #135
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Finished the last season in 3 days.

That was epic. So much emotion.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote