REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Places to get a teeth pulled (https://www.revscene.net/forums/679865-places-get-teeth-pulled.html)

i-VTEC 01-31-2013 12:13 AM

Places to get a teeth pulled

Had a root canal done on the same teeth for over a year, now, it causes ache and slight bump on my face.

Cost me 2K for root canal last time. But I think the filling have fallen off or something.

Anyhow, I was just recently laid off, I found a job, but my benefit doesn't start in another 3 months.

I was just thinking it to get it pull and done with it. Anyone have a good at the same time not so expensive place to get a teeth pull with no extended medical coverage

Thanks

Iceman-19 01-31-2013 01:46 AM

Have you considered contacting a dentist? You could also give a 20 rock and a pair of plyers to any aggresive looking gentlemen that hang around near pigeon park.

subordinate 01-31-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-VTEC (Post 8147083)
Had a root canal done on the same teeth for over a year, now, it causes ache and slight bump on my face.

Cost me 2K for root canal last time. But I think the filling have fallen off or something.

Anyhow, I was just recently laid off, I found a job, but my benefit doesn't start in another 3 months.

I was just thinking it to get it pull and done with it. Anyone have a good at the same time not so expensive place to get a teeth pull with no extended medical coverage

Thanks

The dentist probably mentioned to you during the root canal to get it capped (Strengthen the integrity). But whether it be financial reasons or personal, the past is the past.

If the filling has fallen out, then shiett....for all we know, the dentist could put it back in.

Go see a dentist Go see a dentist Go see a dentist

Cost efficient wise - there's the East side Dental Clinic near Hastings (http://www.vnhs.net/programs-services/dental-clinic) , or look into UBC Dentistry - they might be looking for patients.

Pulling a molar shouldn't be expensive, but it's a last resort. You should get a recommendation from the dentist, tell the receptionist your financial position and if they can prolong the Molar until you can get it fixed. As Iceman said, we have a phone these days....and a website listing the Dental network in Vancouver, start calling and explaining your situation.

Having an empty space, where the molar was, is not smart. You'd only be able to chew on one side then.

In the mean time while waiting for a Dentist, I'd make sure no food is in that molar, and rinse daily with either salt water or Hydrogen peroxide.
I hope you properly floss as well.

Harvey Specter 01-31-2013 04:23 PM

Bump and pain? You might have an abscess tooth which can be life threating, I would go to the dentist ASAP because you might need antibiotics before the dentist can do anything to the tooth.

i-VTEC 01-31-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Dean (Post 8147584)
Bump and pain? You might have an abscess tooth which can be life threating, I would go to the dentist ASAP because you might need antibiotics before the dentist can do anything to the tooth.

there isn't much pain, and not really a big bump like swollen, you'll notice if you really focus and to see the difference of my left and right side cheek

I think the crown, or the cover has fall off, and the teeth, its at upper right, third teeth count from the back

Harvey Specter 01-31-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-VTEC (Post 8147931)
there isn't much pain, and not really a big bump like swollen, you'll notice if you really focus and to see the difference of my left and right side cheek

I think the crown, or the cover has fall off, and the teeth, its at upper right, third teeth count from the back

That's a sign of a abscess tooth, some people get bubbling on the gums. It's really dangerous and you don't want the infection to spread so if you can't make it into a dentist than visit your doctor. Like I said the dentist can't work on your tooth if there's a live infection.

dinamix 01-31-2013 10:57 PM

Go find a student dentist. Vcc or ubc usually has cheap procedures done by students. So much cheaper
Posted via RS Mobile

m3thods 02-01-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinamix (Post 8148026)
Go find a student dentist. Vcc or ubc usually has cheap procedures done by students. So much cheaper
Posted via RS Mobile

VCC doesn't have student dentists. They have dental hygienists, and they won't be able to help in this situation because they don't do dental work like root canals or fillings.

UBC Dental requires you to essentially sign up into a pool of patients, where you have to undergo a few checkups and exams and misc appointments. This is not the best use of the OP's time.

In any case, no offence but you might have to bite the bullet and see a dentist because, as Jah Dean said, there's the potential to have it much worse than a toothache.

And like subordinate said, it's not wise to just pull teeth. What people don't realize is that once you start pulling teeth, the jaw bones compensate and lose structure because the empty space. That's why you notice in older Asians without teeth that their mouths are somewhat sunken in. Dentists resort to root canals not to give you a hard time, but to preserve the structure of the tooth in order to preserve the bone.

twitchyzero 02-01-2013 01:31 PM

eastside clinic
UBC and VGH is another option for reduced cost but it can take months

but if you have a "bump" on your face then it's serious...I would get it checked ASAP. The least you could do right now is get an exam and x-ray.

subordinate 02-01-2013 11:52 PM

Initially you said filling, now crown?

Read back and you said it cost 2k, so I am going to guess the crown came off. That shouldn't have happened, especially only a year?

I'd go back to him and reason with him, he might give a discount to repair it. But like Jah Dean said, infections in the mouth shouldn't be taken lightly.

Worst case, you lose out on 1500, but a mouth free from pain - that sounds like a better deal.