REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #151
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Also, that blue Cosworth...

What on earth would it cost me to get one of those in good condition?
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #152
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
The end scene where the crew was back in LA where they started, at the same house but now filled with high end cars...oh the nostalgia. brought me right back to 2001.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #153
...in the world.

Even the hardcore latino rap.

If this is the way F&F is going to be...they need to make a new street racing movie. Not one about action heroes that are good at cars.

What's sad is that we're making these people rich...people that can barely write a script, actors that can barely act (PAUL WALKER WHAT THE FUCK) and a director that doesn't understand physics. WHY IS THIS SHIT SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH?

Because they're basically stamping this shit out now...or copying other movies. Let's be honest...Fast 5 might as well have been Ocean's Fast and Furious 13.

And we're making Paul Walker rich as fuck. A guy that's a worse actor than Keanu Reeves.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #154
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
New director for the next movie...

Seems like a questionable choice. I skimmed through his Filmography and all he's done is horror/thriller.
Not sure what to expect for the next one.
He has a big task ahead of him, and I hope he wasn't chosen just because he's Asian.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #155
...in the world.

Probably because Han's not in it. Justin Lin fucking loves Han.

He even has another shady Asian guy named Han in another movie (Better Luck Tomorrow...his first movie)...and it's played by the same guy. No, really. Go check it out...good movie and you'll especially get it if you're Asian.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #156
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Stupidest movie ever. I almost LOL'd when he used his car and lept over the bridge to save her.

At least pay homage to the most basic of physics... Jesus.

Utterly surprised at the ratings of this movie.

Fast 5 was better than this drivel.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #157
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
went to the movie with low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. so much action!!

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #158
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Probably because Han's not in it. Justin Lin fucking loves Han.

He even has another shady Asian guy named Han in another movie (Better Luck Tomorrow...his first movie)...and it's played by the same guy. No, really. Go check it out...good movie and you'll especially get it if you're Asian.
that's because Han is THE SAME character as "better luck tomorrow". if you recall, he drove an old school Mustang in that movie. an indication that he likes cars.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #159
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Any time a handgun was used in the movie, the characters would chamber a round that very second. It started bothering me. At least they didn't go so far as to try to show The Rock chambering a round in his revolver.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #160
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

wow i gotta say fast 5 was 100x better than this garbage lol

Last edited by rice cooker; 06-17-2013 at 04:30 AM.
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #161
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
that's because Han is THE SAME character as "better luck tomorrow". if you recall, he drove an old school Mustang in that movie. an indication that he likes cars.
I seriously doubt it. They're just similar characters. Their personalities are totally different. Han in BLT is a much angrier, gangster dude and can't speak English very well. Han in F&F is eloquent and slick.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #162
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Maybe it was all the positive reviews which lead to elevated expectations but this was a let down for me. I like the last one more then this one.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #163
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
waiting for the 7th movie now since i heard bad reviews on rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #164
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
Quote:
I seriously doubt it. They're just similar characters. Their personalities are totally different. Han in BLT is a much angrier, gangster dude and can't speak English very well. Han in F&F is eloquent and slick.
lol i never noticed that... but wasn't han supposed to be like... in high school in better luck tomorrow LOL.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #165
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
From the wikipedia entry for Better Luck Tomorrow:

Quote:
Although not officially part of The Fast and the Furious film series, Sung Kang plays a similar character named Han in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious, Fast Five, as well as Fast & Furious 6 which were all directed by Justin Lin. In Fast Five, Gisele Yashar attributes Han's constant need to occupy his hands to him being a former smoker, an easter egg reference according to Lin's DVD commentary.
I think Justin Lin intended Han to be the same character...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #166
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
waiting for the 7th movie now since i heard bad reviews on rs
That's stupid. I thought this movie was better, the best in the series. Not taking anything away from Fast 5, which was pretty good as well.

Why don't you go watch it anyway,
Since you should just watch the whole series if you're going to bother watching any.

I'm surprised to see some of the bad reviews from the past few posts. This movie had more dynamic and depth compared to the 5th one.

I would understand if someone didn't like FnF in general, but to say 5 was good, but not 6... They're sort of the same in a way.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #167
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
The first one was the best!... haha but then again I think if I watched it again now I'd be like ... but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, those writing bad reviews ... did you really expect it to be like Citizen Kane. Leave your brain at home and enjoy the ride!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #168
Banned (ABWS)?

The first movie has the best all time quotes and one-liners of any movie in existence.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 06-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #169
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
^ because we're car guys and lol at that stupid shit

i liked this movie, it was pretty intense and also filled with laughs and unbelievably stupid scenes (torretto saving letty mid-air). i had to remind myself to turn off my damn brain and just enjoy it, which i did
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #170
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
LOL@complaining about realism in a F&F movie.. it's F&F!! the more unrealistic the better..

When I was in the theatre, everyone literally burst out laughing when dom jumped across the bridges.. and it was awesome. and everyone enjoyed it.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #171
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
what happened to the old fast and furious (more driving and less action type of movie?) im sick of these new F&F movies and i will not watch a single one! Fell asleep in F5...

first movie + tokyo drift bitches

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #172
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Action movie Fast & Furious 6 has been a huge global success - but it would take a very long runway to make one climactic scene a reality, finds the BBC's Ben Carter.

In the scene that we're interested in, a huge cargo plane lands on a runway where it is chased by fast cars and furious men and women.

(I'm not going to spoil the film for the unlucky people who haven't managed to see it yet. Spoiling the film is the job of the movie trailer... I won't be talking about anything that isn't in the trailer.)

Some cars manage to drive on to the plane through the cargo doors at the back. The plane carries on taxiing for several more minutes before trying to take off. At which point the furious men use their cars to pull down the wings to stop the plane flying away.

It's an incredible 13 minutes' worth of high-speed action, but a problem occurs to many people after they've left the cinema.

How long is the runway if people are driving on it for 13 minutes at speeds fast enough to keep up with a plane that is landing and taking off?

The key to this calculation is the speed of the plane.

Pilot Ian Hollingworth told me the speed for a large cargo plane coming in to land would generally be 140-150mph (225-241km/h).

As far as calculating the speed of the plane after it has landed - that's difficult because, as Capt Hollingworth told me, once you land and decelerate, it's not possible to then speed the plane up and take off again - as happens in the film.

But actor The Rock did say in an interview that the cars were travelling at 115mph (185km/h) when they drove on to the plane, so we did some calculations based on that.

We also needed to know the take-off speed. Capt Hollingworth added: "It might take you somewhere around about a minute to get to the correct speed - again, around 150mph."

Scene from Fast & Furious 6
The film's stunts defy physics as well as mathematics
The cars speed up and slow down during the 13 minutes and we've used a very conservative estimate that they were travelling at an average speed of 120mph (193km/h). That's two miles every minute, which makes the runway 26 miles (42km) long.

On the other hand, it's a movie - so when the hero is grappling with the villain on the plane, the film can cut from the fight to what is going on outside on the runway. Both these things are probably happening at the same time.

So we looked at the sequence carefully and recalculated how long the plane is actually on the runway. It is difficult to be exact, but we think it is only for nine minutes.

Our best estimate after calculating plane speed, car speed and simultaneous action sequences is that the runway is 18.37 miles (29.6km) long. Which is still very long when you consider the longest paved runway in the world is the Qamdo Bamda airport in China, at around 3.5 miles (5.6km).
from: BBC News - How long is the runway in Fast & Furious 6?
aikenluu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #173
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
30km runway

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /