REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Outdoor Car Protection

hi everyone,

new to the forum here.

anyway, im planning to start my new build, unfortunately, i only have a 1 car garage. so in order for me to get the project car in the garage, gotta take out and park my other car (soft top roadster) outside. i don't use both of these cars. i have a DD.

what would be the best way to protect my car outdoors? tarps,shelterlogic...etc? protection from paint fade, moisture etc...

any input is golden.

cheers!
Advertisement
marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by marikina View Post
hi everyone,

new to the forum here.

anyway, im planning to start my new build, unfortunately, i only have a 1 car garage. so in order for me to get the project car in the garage, gotta take out and park my other car (soft top roadster) outside. i don't use both of these cars. i have a DD.

what would be the best way to protect my car outdoors? tarps,shelterlogic...etc? protection from paint fade, moisture etc...

any input is golden.

cheers!
Choose a good sealant and seal your car up!

If you are planning to park the car outside, i would re-apply every 4 months or sooner and build up layers to protect your car's paint/clear coat

Remember, the key is to use something that you like, and use it often.

Hope this helps!
AYAutocare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I picked up one of those portable garage tents from Candian tire for one of my projects and it worked well. It was on sale for like 300$ and it is 12ft by 20ft. They do sell smaller ones though too.

I wouldnt trarp it for the reason that if you leave it out for the whole season and the tarp moves around (from the wind) it may burn through your paint....
slowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Yea definitely wouldn't tarp it, would recommend one of the portable garage tents
Posted via RS Mobile
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote