REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #326
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Messages on tumbler
Is this really her?

nouvelle/nouveau
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #327
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Thanked 1,012 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/42001369468/rcruzniemiec-eugene-soloviev

Her last post on tumbler according to a user on websleuths
Posted via RS Mobile
I don't use Tumblr but it says that her last reblog was 3 days ago? Unless she set it up to automatically post in a queue.
holyshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #328
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyshit View Post
I don't use Tumblr but it says that her last reblog was 3 days ago? Unless she set it up to automatically post in a queue.
Yeah someone said it's probably auto queued. Anyways on the info page it does say she suffers from bipolar depression. Really no idea if this is actually hers though.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #329

Hm, wouldn't it be much easier to use that ladder and jump onto that tank, instead climbing it w/o stationary ladder?
mnash is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #330

Quote:
Yeah someone said it's probably auto queued. Anyways on the info page it does say she suffers from bipolar depression. Really no idea if this is actually hers though.
@moulesmariniere - L.L.'s Instagram photos | Statigr.am

Well that is this person's instagram and it seems like they live in Ottawa?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #331
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
How heavy are those LIDS on the tanks?!... it looks like it's pretty sturdy steel ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #332

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
An autopsy has been completed, but it will still take up to least eight weeks to learn how a Vancouver woman died in LA.

The coroner who examined the body of UBC student Elisa Lam has completed the initial autopsy.

“The cause of death is deferred, pending additional tests which include toxicology, histopathology and neuropathology,” says Ed Winter with the LA County Coroner’s Department.

Autopsy results on Elisa Lam return inconclusive | News1130
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #333

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
So its gonna take another 6 to 8 weeks for toxicology tests and autopsy was inconclusive. So its gonna take about 2 months to figure out if it was foul play or not. I guess it gives the murderer 2 months to figure out where he wants to go. Pack his things, move to another place. find a nice job someplace else.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #334
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/42001369468/rcruzniemiec-eugene-soloviev

Her last post on tumbler according to a user on websleuths
Posted via RS Mobile
If I was going to make a fake tumblr account, this is the exact type of shit I would write.

Of course I'm not deranged in the head, so I would never do such a thing...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
Messages on tumbler
Is this really her?

nouvelle/nouveau
Posted via RS Mobile
Looks like it really is her Tumblr, confirmed by a friend of hers
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #336
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Front page of CNN not good enough for you?
wasn't on the front page when i posted. good job for correcting me a day after though.
cow20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #337
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
How heavy are those LIDS on the tanks?!... it looks like it's pretty sturdy steel ...
theres an access hatch on each lid. they look like 2.5' x 2.5'
the lids are welded on lol
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #338
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
lol @ being failed for being skeptical
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #339
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Quote:
Today I slept, took a long hot shower, stuffed myself silly with a $3 dinner. It has been most productive and enjoyable.

I seriously have done nothing in San Diego that is out of the my normal routine at home.

I DO WHAT I WANT

After all, I like my home comforts and every now and then I do something entirely impulsive and reckless like tell a guy I just met I like him…….

I do like people watching at the hostel.

Now that I’m rested and well, starting tomorrow I should venture outside more.

1. Seaworld

2. The Zoo

3. Museum because it’s free!!!!

4. Whale watching at Coronado/Point Loma ?
Sounds like she did meet a guy and did drugs with him. Quote was taken from her tumblr
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If I was going to make a fake tumblr account, this is the exact type of shit I would write.

Of course I'm not deranged in the head, so I would never do such a thing...

If that's the case, that's one messed up individual. Jokes or not.

Or.....if it's the murderer.....
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #341
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
wasn't on the front page when i posted. good job for correcting me a day after though.
A simple browser search would have yielded many official news reports. Would have taken less time than making that post.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #342

Quote:
but i noticed besides the local LA news affiliates this story has very little national coverage in the states, not even cracking a link on CNN, nytimes, etc.
Did you look through an actual copy of the newspaper from those cities or are you just basing your decision on the fact you failed to even search for any articles online? I've kept up with the case and read numerous articles from a variety of news organizations though most of it reported the case similarly. Secondly, just because someone goes missing does not mean it will be front page news all over the country. You do realize that these are private entities that don't cater to your whims and there are "3,200 missing person cases in L.A. every year". Just imagine how thick that newspaper would have to be as this figure does not take into account every other state, a country of around ~312 million people.

Quote:
But this case feels like more could have been done or her body could have been found sooner if LAPD paid a bit more attention and urgency towards it. For publicity sake the LAPD should know that a story concerning a foreigner with bizzare evidences of possible foulplay would garnish some international attention, and right now it does not look good for them unless they solve the case.
Sorry, decisions aren't made based on feelings. How do you know what the LAPD was and wasn't doing? what effort they were putting in? would the RCMP have done a "better" job? you have ZERO qualifications and credibility to be making that judgement.

Finally, RIP to the girl and I hope the parents can find some peace.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 02-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #343
K3V
I am Hook'd on RS

People are working like detectives here..

RIP
K3V is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #344
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Did you look through an actual copy of the newspaper from those cities or are you just basing your decision on the fact you failed to even search for any articles online? I've kept up with the case and read numerous articles from a variety of news organizations though most of it reported the case similarly. Secondly, just because someone goes missing does not mean it will be front page news all over the country. You do realize that these are private entities that don't cater to your whims and there are "3,200 missing person cases in L.A. every year". Just imagine how thick that newspaper would have to be as this figure does not take into account every other state, a country of around ~312 million people.
I usually just use google news and filter from there on, and before the time i posted i noticed most of the related story were from canadian sources or local news Affiliate, even after switching to US edition, thus leading to that comment.

All i am speculating was that a missing person case with such a bizarre back story involving a dead tourist naked in a water tank would grab a bit more media attention during to its higher profile nature than say a local missing person file with a less bizarre setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Sorry, decisions aren't made based on feelings. How do you know what the LAPD was and wasn't doing? what effort they were putting in? would the RCMP have done a "better" job? you have ZERO qualifications and credibility to be making that judgement.
I did not claim the LAPD wasn't doing their jobs; i simply stated i wish more could have been done, as would most people but i chose to states the obvious here and getting flamed for it. Right now with it all being said and done, there are a lot more questions than answers and the LAPD hasn't been able to provide too much details, so i am just going to suspend judgement till more evidences are present.
it never looks good for the law enforcement when cases dont get solved, especially when people get emotional involved when reading about these horrible stories. Again, i am not passing judgement here.

I never claim i have any qualifications and credibility on what the police should do or not do, so don't put words in my mouth.
cow20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #345

Quote:
I usually just use google news and filter from there on, and before the time i posted i noticed most of the related story were from canadian sources or local news Affiliate, even after switching to US edition, thus leading to that comment.
It's probably the filter you have on. I don't know the length and scope of coverage but these organizations all posted article(s) recently.

Canadian sources: CTV, Toronto Star, huffingtonpost, NationalPost, Global, Ottawa citizen, Mccleans, Ottawa Sun, Toronto Sun, Ddmonton journal

International: International Businesstimes (UK), Dailymail (UK), BBC News (UK), LA Times (US), The Australian (AU), stuff.co.nz (NZ), NYDailyNews (US), Northumberlandtoday.com, ABC action news, NBC (US), FOX (US), 10News (US). Examiner.com (US), CNN (US), USA TODAY (US), Columbia Daily Missouri (US)

Search engines: yahoo, msn, google

Quote:
I did not claim the LAPD wasn't doing their jobs; i simply stated i wish more could have been done, as would most people but i chose to states the obvious here and getting flamed for it.
I think that is the sentiment from most people. You also wrote "if LAPD paid a bit more attention and urgency towards it". Like I said, you wouldn't know what they did/didn't do and it comes off as severely critical. I have no professional experience with missing people and wouldn't even know where to start. I'll let law enforcement handle it as they've probably handled thousands of cases. I did a quick search and no blogs/news/articles are criticizing the LAPD over the case yet (I could be wrong?). Post on a forum then expect to be offered a rebuttal. Don't like it? don't post at all.

Quote:
Right now with it all being said and done, there are a lot more questions than answers and the LAPD hasn't been able to provide too much details, so i am just going to suspend judgement till more evidences are present.
I'm sure the police would release more details if it would be beneficial to do so but definitely not to to satisfy selfish curiosity (not targeting you but in general terms). They also need to withhold some details that only the potential killer would know if there was a confession eventually being made down the road. That's part of the check and balance system in place so we don't have people falsely admitting to a crime (it happens).

Quote:
it never looks good for the law enforcement when cases dont get solved, especially when people get emotional involved when reading about these horrible stories. Again, i am not passing judgement here.
There is something called "solve rates" and its not 100% so let's be realistic. Coincidentally enough, I was bored in class today and was reading what the solve rate for homicide's in BC were.

Quote:
I never claim i have any qualifications and credibility on what the police should do or not do, so don't put words in my mouth.
That comes with the territory when you talk about how things SHOULD have been (entirely subjective).

Quote:
For publicity sake the LAPD should know that a story concerning a foreigner with bizzare evidences of possible foulplay would garnish some international attention, and right now it does not look good for them unless they solve the case.
Again through an implicit judgment you are implying that the LAPD SHOULD have done more. Also, you haven't even given them a chance to solve anything and you're already all over them. It's still early in the investigation.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 02-22-2013 at 03:20 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 AM   #346
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #347
RS controls my life!

Just reading the paper this morning and saw that the water tanks are chlorinated? Could the killer have known this fact already?! Such sadness as the family has to still wait over 2 months on how she died...RIP

"Chlorine in the water likely killed any bacteria in the tank where Lam’s body was found, Bellomo said. Two standard water tests were performed and samples were taken from throughout the hotel."

Source: Autopsy fails to find cause of Elisa Lam’s water-tank death - From The Wires - Macleans.ca
Dangerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #348
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
lol @ being failed for being skeptical
Well, someone did get banned for being skeptical.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #349
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
As someone who knows close friends that suffer from bipolar disorder, I'm deeply saddened by this tragedy and I hope her family will find the truth into what happened to her. RIP.

Reading some of her quotes that she posted on her Tumblr really reveals some of the thoughts that were going through her mind.

"Every mental state, even madness, has its equilibrium based upon self-esteem."
To-morrow, Joseph Conrad

"For a second, I felt a bottomless sadness. So completely alone. Like one of my stuffed animals at home that I was too old for now, that sat on the shelf in my closet, mashed against the back wall."
Running with Scissors (Augusten Burroughs)

One can only hope that people are more aware of mental disorders, the early signs and to be able to help them in any way they can.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #350

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I think what cow22xx is getting at is that, when she was reported missing there was barely any media coverage compared to after her body was found. And even though we dont know what LAPD did, they treated this whole thing as a missing persons case not a case involving foul play which would get way more intention from Police. To this day they still think it was accidental thats why her toxicoogy reports and ect are gonna take forever to come back. All i got from police is that she was reported missing and a edited video showing her acting weird. A video for everyone to debate if she was on drugs, drunk, possesed by demons, talking to a ghost, or being pchyso(mispelled) or whatever. If u show signs of doing the bare minimum, thats what im gonna think, unless u show me otherwise and right now they havent shown me otherwise
Posted via RS Mobile
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: