REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #376
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
If that indeed is her real tumblr.... and her parents failed to tell the authorities about her mental health... wow, just, wow.
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #377
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If this tumblr is legit, why would they outright lie about her being "mildly depressed"?
face or a fear that her case may be dismissed by the public or a bit of both
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #378
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappin View Post
The "other" tumblrs people have usually have a bunch of queued posts waiting to be published. Most likely blogged a bunch and queued it to publish later on.
yeah,you're allowed to do that,i have tumblr.

you can set certain dates,time during the day to post it...
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #379
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
yeah,you're allowed to do that,i have tumblr.

you can set certain dates,time during the day to post it...
how far in advance?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #380
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
If that indeed is her real tumblr.... and her parents failed to tell the authorities about her mental health... wow, just, wow.
Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Asian mentality + face =

What a winning combination.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #381
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Asian mentality + face =

What a winning combination.
such a shame. As I posted before in this thread, if that information wad given earlier, it could have changed how the LAPD/VPD/RCMP had conducted the investigation. Of course, we don't know for sure if the family did advise... but I can't help but think that the urgency meter would have been way higher if people knew she had a mental illness.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #382
My homepage has been set to RS

Not sure if you guys saw this in the link I provided earlier with the pic of the drugs..It was in white text on her tumblr.

Quote:
It’s still odd to me that people are so open to the internet and at times, more openly honest than with their friends. Thanks to To Catch a Predator, I think all of you are pedophiles who are trying to lure me into having sex but I doubt that because I’m not 13 and this is tumblr……Ah well the internet is where people throw their innermost thoughts and people read it as they peruse the internet-scape (heh netscape) and lurk about.

It is somewhat reassuring that there is someone listening, even if you are all strangers and know these personal things.

Anyways….

Here is the cocktail of prescriptions I take for depression.

Effexor are the pink and red. After 2 years finally found the antidepressant that has made some difference.

Wellbutrin is the white thing. It’s unfortunately not covered by my student health plan so I have to pay the full price for it. I am so happy I have that health plan.

Next to it is dexedrine, perhaps known more popularly as Adderall. Apparently I have ADHD so shrinky dink has been so kind to prescribe some saying it will help with my concentration. I haven’t taken it yet but at this point….I shouldn’t resist.

The other one is lamotrigine because apparently I’m bipolar as well?

I wonder what will happen when I take these things long term. Will I ever not need them?

I call it the breakfast of champions and I hate that I have to take it everyday. I’m basically taking these pills because I can’t handle life. Life is hard and since I can’t handle hard things, I need pharmaceuticals.

Part of me is still in denial that I’m not sick and this can be solved without pills. No matter the argument against, I think taking the pills is weakness. I am not strong enough, I do not have the courage or conviction to do the right thing.

And then there’s always the cynic saying depression is a made up disease so Big Pharma can make us all dependent on these pills and thus they are rich. Pfizor anyone?

Them doctors like to use the analogy of diabetes and insulin (I get this example every time I object)

If I were diabetic and didn’t take insulin there would be a chance of hypoglycemia or underglycemia (?)

Even with these meds I’m not “cured”. Unlike insulin, these pills aren’t consistent. They will work for a week and then one day they won’t and I’ll be free falling into a downward spiral.

There is no physical manifestation of my “illness.” If I were to stop taking it, the worst thing would be a headache.

Would I become psychotic and want to off myself? I doubt that very much. For other people, yes there’s a huge risk that will happen but I know I wouldn’t do anything rash like actually jump off a bridge. I’m too much of a coward. Instead I’ll just lie in my bed and let the days pass by. That’s my physical manifestation, sleeping for days in bed.

Is it so very bad to stay in bed all the time? Perhaps I’m a little agoraphobic and I hide in my house. I’m perfectly comfortable here why would I leave the house to face the world?

Given the option of A) Get out of bed into the rain and go to schoolor B) Stay in PJs and play video games, of course I’ll pick B when I know in my head I should be picking A.

OH WAIT. By doing so you will never change and you will never be able to conquer your fear. Oh good gracious no!!

I’m angry I can’t make the right choice. You’re supposed to be the hero and doing the hard thing and not taking the easy way out like the bad guy. I’m too easily dissuaded. I want to do the least amount of work. I whine, I snivel and I kick my feet and avoid it like a kid throwing a tantrum.

Depression apparently you are responsible and able to make choice to get better. Diabetes you can’t make another choice and suddenly not be diabetic anymore.

So does this mean I’m depressed because I am unable to make the right choice? Am I ill-equipped to handle the ups and down of life? I thought everyone struggles with life but why aren’t we all on anti-depressants if it makes it easier to deal with life?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #383
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
i'm surprised her tumblr is only coming into light more than 3 weeks after she went missing

I'd expect the Internet to dig this up just days after the media release back in early Feb
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #384
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i'm surprised her tumblr is only coming into light more than 3 weeks after she went missing

I'd expect the Internet to dig this up just days after the media release back in early Feb
It`s already been mentioned that she has apparently queued her posts... Seems more than just coincidence that the posts are queued until after she was found. Interesting to see what all comes of it
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #385
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
face or a fear that her case may be dismissed by the public or a bit of both
I wonder what saves more face: People knowing your daughter was mentally ill, or that she was some dumb chick who went and got herself fucked up on meth and crack.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #386
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

The tank

Looks like fresh graffiti
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappin View Post
The "other" tumblrs people have usually have a bunch of queued posts waiting to be published. Most likely blogged a bunch and queued it to publish later on.
I checked the origins of the images she was posting, and most of the original images she reblogged were from late Dec to mid Jan, about a week before her trip. So it is likely that they were queued.

In that case, I would switch my theory from 'dumb chick looking to get high' with 'complete mental breakdown after not taking meds'

Winding up in a water tank is a bit odd though
Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #388
RS Veteran

Quote:
I checked the origins of the images she was posting, and most of the original images she reblogged were from late Dec to mid Jan, about a week before her trip. So it is likely that they were queued.

In that case, I would switch my theory from 'dumb chick looking to get high' with 'complete mental breakdown after not taking meds'

Winding up in a water tank is a bit odd though
You cant expect us to understand what went through her head/what goes through the minds of people with sever mental illnesses
Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #389
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
A part of me thinks she went in the tank herself. For one guy to carry a dead body up the ladder and through a hotel before that.. it's pretty hard. I'd think there would have to be atleast 2 guys..

My theory..she met someone or a group. Partyed on the roof, and she either got killed and tossed in there.. Or she was so messed up and out of her mind that she could have just been told or led in there and have the door shut.

Would be interesting if the cause of death comes back as drowning.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
You cant expect us to understand what went through her head/what goes through the minds of people with sever mental illnesses
Yup with the drug theory thrown out, it could be anything... Including her simply jumping into the tank and drowning herself. If that sounds crazy, that's exactly what she was.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #391
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
nouvelle/nouveau

Pic from her tumblr on the drugs she's taken.

H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #392
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I think what cow22xx is getting at is that, when she was reported missing there was barely any media coverage compared to after her body was found. And even though we dont know what LAPD did, they treated this whole thing as a missing persons case not a case involving foul play which would get way more intention from Police. To this day they still think it was accidental thats why her toxicoogy reports and ect are gonna take forever to come back. All i got from police is that she was reported missing and a edited video showing her acting weird. A video for everyone to debate if she was on drugs, drunk, possesed by demons, talking to a ghost, or being pchyso(mispelled) or whatever. If u show signs of doing the bare minimum, thats what im gonna think, unless u show me otherwise and right now they havent shown me otherwise
Posted via RS Mobile

Thank you, you explained it better than i have.

and btw nice rebuttal bing.
cow20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #393
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Not sure if you guys saw this in the link I provided earlier with the pic of the drugs..It was in white text on her tumblr.
Wow, I'm quite surprised her shrink (unless she has 2) has her taking Effexor AND Welbutrin. They're two different anti-depressants and I've been told (by my own psyche) that you should never mix antis like that. I believe Effexor is an SSRI type and Welbutrin is something that starts with a D (dopredine maybe? I can't remember, you guys can google it). I've taken both of them and if she really did have a mental breakdown like it was suggested, I think by Skinny, then I would put the blame on the Effexor personally.

In any case, RIP to her. She seemed like she was trying to do her best to stay off her meds and fix her shit herself. For some people it works, but I guess for her it didn't so sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Wow, I'm quite surprised her shrink (unless she has 2) has her taking Effexor AND Welbutrin. They're two different anti-depressants and I've been told (by my own psyche) that you should never mix antis like that. I believe Effexor is an SSRI type and Welbutrin is something that starts with a D (dopredine maybe? I can't remember, you guys can google it). I've taken both of them and if she really did have a mental breakdown like it was suggested, I think by Skinny, then I would put the blame on the Effexor personally.

In any case, RIP to her. She seemed like she was trying to do her best to stay off her meds and fix her shit herself. For some people it works, but I guess for her it didn't so sad...
Looking at the antidepression forums out there, it looks like it's not that uncommon to be prescribed that combo...

This quote though

"be careful about the efexor it has been known and documented for it to cause a manic episode for folks with Bipolar Disorder"

As an aside, I'm glad I have been able to manage my depression issues (so far) with supplements... These drugs are hardcore
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #395
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
Quote:
nouvelle/nouveau

Pic from her tumblr on the drugs she's taken.

Effexor 75mg, Effexor 150mg, (You guys are prob right it looks like Wellbutrin XL 150mg) , Dexidrine Spansule 10mg, Lamotrigine 100mg

Last edited by Okami; 02-25-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #396
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Effexor 75mg, Effexor 150mg, ??? , Dexidrine Spansule 10mg, Lamotrigine 100mg
White one is Welbutrin 150mg it looks like (I know it's welbutrin just not sure of the dosage). Also, fuck effexor. That shit messed me up worse than if I hadn't taken anything at all.

Quote:
Looking at the antidepression forums out there, it looks like it's not that uncommon to be prescribed that combo...

This quote though

"be careful about the efexor it has been known and documented for it to cause a manic episode for folks with Bipolar Disorder"

As an aside, I'm glad I have been able to manage my depression issues (so far) with supplements... These drugs are hardcore
I'm really glad mine isn't so bad that I need to take more than one anti for it. I don't mind taking the welbutrin though, only bad side effect I've experienced was nausea for the first couple days of going back on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #397
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I still dont think she commited suicide. I even though some of the signs point to that. Doesnt explain why she ended up naked in the watertank. Cause her clothes should of been recovered in the hotel, or whereever she may have stached it. And the Police dogs should of picked up on her scent when they searched the roof when she was reported missing. Which tells me shes was put in the water tank afterwards.

Anyways this case is really interesting and odd at the same time. But im still gonna stick with the scenario that she was taken advantage of when she was on drugs or depressed by someone in the hotel(apparently she was being harrased by a mexican guy the night before cause she sent a friend a postcard telling her about it) and killed her, and eventually put her body in the watertank, but he must of had help doing it though
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #398

Considering how crazy she was acting on the elevator, it's not unfeasible that she'd run around naked before killing herself. She was really out of it. Either drugs, or a massive mental breakdown.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #399
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Thanked 1,012 Times in 62 Posts
Doesn't seem possible that she had the strength to crawl up into the water tank, open the lid, hop in and then close the lid before drowning.
holyshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #400
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol...

doctor's are very quick to prescribe anti depression pills and what not.

I've always thought like... doctors would have some... way of referring you to a psychologist or at least do some cognitive behavioural therapy or SOMETHING rather than going STRAIGHT to drugs.

but.. yeah, they just... shove drugs in your face. and for people that fully trust doctors... i feel sorry for them. they'll just start fuckin popping these SSRI's like they're at a rave.

except the rave is everyday life.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: