REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Has anyone tried those Mystery Shopper jobs?

Ive seen a few ads but not sure if its for real for a scam...

They send you a check for XXX amount. You go spend money.
1 of the requirements is to send money using Moneygram or WesternUnion, this sounds weird. What if its fake check..

I know there are real mystery shopping jobs but what/how do they do things?
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
if it sounds too good to be true, its a scam.

99% of the time the mystery shopper jobs out there are scams. In the email they probably tell you that once you receive the cheque in the mail, go to Western Union or Moneygram and start your assignment right away BEFORE the cheque even clears in your account (like that it will). And if you were smart enough to do this, Western union/Moneygram deducts the money transferred from your account to theirs. A few days later you find out that the cheque is fraudulent and you end up losing money
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
my gf's roommate does this.

not as a job...but just for something to do. im not sure what site she uses, but they do pay her for it.

every month she selects a group of places to shop at from an online list, and she has to visit all the selected shops and write a survery for each store.

example: i was with her in january when she had to go to some store in metrotown. she has to go in for a minimum of 10 minutes and keep track of everything: how long it took for a employee to approach her, was the employee able to answer questions regarding the manequins clothes in the display window, how knowledgable of the store layout she/he was, etc etc. she has to buy 1 item. when she gets home she has to take a photo of the receipt and upload it to the website and submit it with her survey.

after alls said and done, they'll deposit the reimbursement to her paypal account.

so she either gets a free meal, or a free piece of clothing out of it..not sure if she gets more than what she spends in store...but ive seen her do it, and it works for her
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Probably irrelevant due to being 20 years too late, but...

My aunt used to do this in the 1990's at restaurants. I remember she brought us to the Rainforest Cafe at Metrotown, we ordered whatever we wanted and she filled out a form. After that she would send her receipt attached to the form and they would reimburse her.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
My bro and his wife do it....they usually get 2-3 free meals a month at some decent restaurants.

Not sure what company they go through, but there are several legit ones out there.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
got the same shit in the mail, didnt sign up = scam!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote