REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 02-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
potty training a puppy

ive had my new puppy now for 3 weeks(purebred german shep), he'll be 9 weeks old on sunday.

ive been raised with dogs in my house since i was a baby, and my parents have had dogs since they were kids.

but this dog i got is the son of the devil...

last week he was scratching at the door to go outside to go pee, we'd take him out, he'd pee/poop, then he'd run inside. every now and then he'd have a few accidents in the house, but it wasn't often.

this week he wont even attempt to go to the door, he'll just walk off and pee/poop in a hallway or kitchen/etc... we'll take him out, stand outside for up to 20 minutes with him (even at 2am...4am...6am) and he wont do anything, yet he'll come inside, run to a hallway and squat...

ive never had a puppy be so hard to train >.<

any tips as to what i could do here? as is, i take him out every hour, or if hes sleeping, i take him out right after he wakes up. if he eats or drinks, i'll take him out within a few minutes of finishing up his food/water.

during the day when its just me at home, he has no accidents what so ever. he sleeps, plays with my other dog, eats/drinks, yet once my parents get home, its like he just says fuck it and will do his buisness wherever he wants...

any tips here to put this puppy in line and teach him without hitting the lil bugger?
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
I used a crate to train my dog

Take him out every hour but in-between keep him in the crate he sleeps in -- dogs don't generally like to poop where they sleep. Usually they start to associate going to the washroom w/ being outside.

Btw is your puppy pooing/peeing in the same spots inside? Get some alcohol wipes to get rid of the smell wherever he goes to prevent him from going again.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX GSR SE - Keeper
|<e|_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Hun, Thats pretty cool "1 bed, one bath"
slowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

everytime he pees and poops outside give him a treat. and every time he poops or pee inside the house give him a spanking.
ill.stance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
^Unless you catch him in the act, negative reinforcement doesn't really work with dogs because they don't have a conscious understanding of good/bad. They'll just think you're being a dick and smacking him lol which leads to other problems
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote