REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Drivers, cars reported for "street racing"

Went out for a drive with a few buddies of mine yesterday at night time around 9PM.

One of the friends suggested to take us to Bedwell Bay road in Port Moody, since he said it's dark and quiet there and would be a nice place to hang out for a bit.

After driving on the that road we went to a nearby gas station, parked our cars to grab some stuff to drink, etc and was going to head home after that.

But an officer pulled up and said we all had been reported for "street racing" which was kind of shocking since we just had a relaxing cruising with 5 cars.

That left us baffled but we figured it is probably one of the cars with a aftermarket exhaust that disturbed the residence at Bedwell Bay road which resulted a "street racing report"

The result is, every driver and their car has been filed for a record. No ticket or whatever was given.

The question is, how does this effect us in the future?

Still confused about this whole thing, would be greatly appreciated if anyone could provide some useful information.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Aaron604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I was out with VTS one night when we got busted. Nobody got tickets, just checked our registrations and stuff. My friend informed me that they put a "potential street racer" alert paired with our drivers licences or something. Has never affected me.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
I was out with VTS one night when we got busted. Nobody got tickets, just checked our registrations and stuff. My friend informed me that they put a "potential street racer" alert paired with our drivers licences or something. Has never affected me.
What's VTS?

Have you ever got pulled over from speeding after that incident?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron604 View Post
What's VTS?

Have you ever got pulled over from speeding after that incident?
Vancouver The Strip

Yes and it's never been mentioned. Got an excessive speed and loud exhaust ticket as well as an HOV ticket since then.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Vancouver The Strip

Yes and it's never been mentioned. Got an excessive speed and loud exhaust ticket as well as an HOV ticket since then.
Ah..I see

Thanks for sharing the info!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
I was out with some street racing douchebags one night when we got busted.
Fixed.
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechako87 View Post
Fixed.
Totally uncalled for.

First, in a city with the assload of pretentious douchebags that like to complain about others, but kick up a stink if they receive one themselves, can you not see a potential for someone seeing a modded car and raising a stink?

Second, in a city that employs 'some' overzealous police officers, can you not see them giving that complaint credence?

In short, don't be a dick
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me in port moody. I was driving down barnett and was stopped on St. Johns and the police officer said there were reports I was street racing down Barnett.

It was 10 at night and I was coming home from Work/School (long day). I was so shocked....
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Totally uncalled for.

First, in a city with the assload of pretentious douchebags that like to complain about others, but kick up a stink if they receive one themselves, can you not see a potential for someone seeing a modded car and raising a stink?

Second, in a city that employs 'some' overzealous police officers, can you not see them giving that complaint credence?

In short, don't be a dick
Very true..It really is a pain in the butt though after simply driving around with a few friends and getting reported+filed for street racing.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
I had the same thing happen to me in port moody. I was driving down barnett and was stopped on St. Johns and the police officer said there were reports I was street racing down Barnett.

It was 10 at night and I was coming home from Work/School (long day). I was so shocked....

When was this? did the officer file you for a street racing record?
Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #11

It was maybe last summer.

They gave me a ticket because I was going 60 down st johns which is 50 zone. The officer said I was lucky he was impounding my car. They never saw me drive down barnett.

I was so dumbfounded.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

The fuck, seriously? All of this is total Bullshit. The people are probably like, "oh shit a line of modded/nice cars, better report their asses for street racing"
Was not aware of this happening except for that time those kids in their exotics got pulled over by the cops. If this keeps up half of Vancouver is gunna be marked as street racers...
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
OP....not very much Because they spoke to you, you were entered on Prime as an "entity", as were your vehicles. Thery wrote that they spoke with you and that nothing was witnessed or proved so you were sent on your way. If you or your car get checked on the Prime computer system in the future the original file will pop up. That's it.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
It was maybe last summer.

They gave me a ticket because I was going 60 down st johns which is 50 zone. The officer said I was lucky he was impounding my car. They never saw me drive down barnett.

I was so dumbfounded.
Any problems with officers after that incident?
Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
The fuck, seriously? All of this is total Bullshit. The people are probably like, "oh shit a line of modded/nice cars, better report their asses for street racing"
Was not aware of this happening except for that time those kids in their exotics got pulled over by the cops. If this keeps up half of Vancouver is gunna be marked as street racers...

Yup..if we were street racing, we would't stop by a gas station that's right beside a police station to grab some snacks/washroom.

Every single one of us was so shocked when the officer pulled up and said, alright give me your IDs everyone. you all had been reported for street racing! line up against the wall!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
OP....not very much Because they spoke to you, you were entered on Prime as an "entity", as were your vehicles. Thery wrote that they spoke with you and that nothing was witnessed or proved so you were sent on your way. If you or your car get checked on the Prime computer system in the future the original file will pop up. That's it.
I see, I really don't want any future normal 10 over speeding pull overs turning into an impound because of this incident. That's my main concern.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Don't speed and you won't get bothered. Pretty simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Any problems with officers after that incident?
It was my first time ever being pulled over in 5 years of driving.

I have not been pulled over since and stay away from Port Moody because the rep the cops have.

Hopefully I don't have a big black spot on my record next time I get pulled over for something minor.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
It was my first time ever being pulled over in 5 years of driving.

I have not been pulled over since and stay away from Port Moody because the rep the cops have.

Hopefully I don't have a big black spot on my record next time I get pulled over for something minor.
I feel exactly the same as you "Hopefully I don't have a big black spot on my record next time I get pulled over for something minor" haha!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Don't speed and you won't get bothered. Pretty simple.

Not so much, police are well known to make shit up.

Here's a recent article.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Quote:
You were a part of VTS back in the day? We probably know each other then lol
Posted via RS Mobile
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
I see, I really don't want any future normal 10 over speeding pull overs turning into an impound because of this incident. That's my main concern.
The only reason that your car would be impounded for doing 10 over the limnit...is if you are impaired or prohibited. Impounds are not done for 10 over the limit.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #23
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

A few years back, me and my buddy stopped at the sev in st. John's. He used to drive a modded b16 eg coupe and I used to drive a modded gsr and we wanted to switch cars from sev to my house in coquitlam. Right after we drove out of sev, an unmarked cop car followed me and another one went in front of me and behind my buddy and we both got pulled over and they started harrasing us saying that we were street racing but we were going 50kmh or slower the whole time. I think port moody cops just like to do random checks every now and then. You shouldn't have a problem with that record though.
mmvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #24
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Go home pizza boy, the roads closed.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 AM   #25
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
The only reason that your car would be impounded for doing 10 over the limnit...is if you are impaired or prohibited. Impounds are not done for 10 over the limit.
I think he's worried that because he might be flagged as a "street racer" the cops will have more incentive to impound his car vs. someone who isn't flagged. OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

I also think there's more to this story. A couple of my friends routinely went driving through multiple residential areas of Port Moody and were never bothered. Both cars had loud exhausts and were fairly flashy (by North American standards). Neither of them was ever bothered for it. The only time I ever recall someone in our house having a "run in" with Pomo Police, is when the marker lights on my brother's fc weren't working. And all he was issued was a 7 day fix and show. So you can't paint all the Pomo police with the same brush.

Show me something that's Canadian and it'll have more weight imo. American =/= Canada (except Toronto).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote