REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Jin
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

LF: Auto tech with euro experience (Surrey) - Looking for an apprentice now too

Got an opening at my shop for another tech, as one of the techs has to leave for family issues suddenly. The shop is pretty big with 6 hoists and an alignment rack. Really relaxed and easy going environment.

Job Title: Automotive Technician / Mechanic for European Cars

The Edelweiss Auto Repair (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT) has an opening for the position of Automotive Technician / Mechanic. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic people to join our team. Individuals, who know what is required to succeed, can stay focused, and have what it takes to make it happen.

Job Responsibility
-Inspecting and testing vehicles, complete diagnose on GERMAN CARS ( MERCEDES, BMW, AUDI, VW, PORSCHE, LAND ROVERS)with diagnoses software. Completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, wheel alignment and replacing filters.
-Repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components, and repairing body damage.
-Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
-Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
-Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
-Supervising and mentoring employees, assisting with recruitment and managing scheduling.

Skills:
-Honest, reliable and friendly.
-Safety and environmentally focused given the nature of the working environment
-Creative, high energy and persistent natured
-Excellent communication skills
-Analytical with exceptional problem solving skills
-Strong computer skills
-Dependable, reliable and takes ownership

Requirements:
-Valid Automotive Mechanic certification
-3-5 years of post-certification general repair experience
-Experience in a variety of shops or with experience on German vehicles preferred, EXPERIANCE WITH MERCEDES AND BMW SOFTWARE.
-Should have one or more specializations (e.g. Diesel Engine )
-Expertise managing and coaching apprentices and newly certified staff
-Must have a valid driver's license with a clean drivers abstract
-Sound knowledge of computerized diagnostic equipment

Compensation: Competitive hourly rate around $27 to $30 / hour
Education: Certified
Experience: 3-5 years post-certification
Job Type: Full-Time

An exceptional opportunity to help grow a new concept shop. Job pay hourly and offer a share of profits based on the company profit. Additionally, standard health benefits are included.
If you are interested in joining an exciting, fast paced environment please forward your resume to my PM box and I'll pass it to my boss OR Call 604-356-3211

Now looking for a 2nd year apprentice aswell now
Advertisement

Last edited by Jin; 02-19-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Jin

ttt
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Jin

Now looking for a 2nd year apprentice aswell now
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Jin