REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
White paint still stained after wash???

So I washed the car today and I noticed that some areas, especially the hood, there was still some faint dirt stains or the paint looked yellowish and not perfectly white after going over it twice, ie. soap mitt, rinse, soat mitt again.

any tips on how to get rid of the stains and prevent them? also I've noticed that the white paint attracts many little black or other colour stains that's pretty hard to get off or doesn't even come out after washing with a mitt (tar?).

btw its flat white paint, with no metallic in it.

edit, heres the best pics I have for now, it's very hard to capture since its white surface and the spots are very faint so my phone couldn't focus properly.

Advertisement

Last edited by AVS_Racing; 02-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I was going to say to clay bar and polish it out... until you talked about your paint being flat.

There really isn't anything you can do, flat clear cannot be polished or waxed while maintaining the appearance of... flat paint. Best thing you could do is search for products specifically meant for flat finishes to prevent further tarnishing, or you could wrap it.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #3

well its factory white paint, not like matte white flat lol
Old 02-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

did u try glazing it?
JDMFAM413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
pics or gtfo...

lol jk, pics of said staining would help.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #6

^^ glazing as in sealant? no, I've only waxed it once every few months.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

The flat white he's referring to is the white you get when you order a new car and don't have to pay the $300 extra for metallic white.

To clean the stains off the paint all you need is a chemical paint cleaner. Go to Autowerkes and pick up Werkstat Prime Strong.
asiandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #8

would the body wash be sufficient?

Autowerkes Exclusive :: Werkstat Autobody Wash :: 2008 :: Shop

the prime strong was listed under the wheel cleaning section

Autowerkes Exclusive :: Werkstat Prime Strong :: 2008 :: Shop

btw. can anyone recommend me a touch less wheel cleaner? (that's safe for anodized, painted, aftermarket wheels) I discovered something called brake dust pro yesterday and its just spray on and rinse off, removes all brake dust without having to scrub the wheel.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Body wash is a shampoo. You need something like a paint cleaner, All In One, Cleaner Wax, or a polish.

Over the counter product you can use is Autoglym Super Resin Polish at Canadian Tire. I use Klasse All In One myself for cleaning the paint prior to using a sealant or wax if I'm not going to be pulling out the machine to polish.
asiandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post

btw. can anyone recommend me a touch less wheel cleaner? (that's safe for anodized, painted, aftermarket wheels) I discovered something called brake dust pro yesterday and its just spray on and rinse off, removes all brake dust without having to scrub the wheel.
Please be careful with wheel cleaners marketed like this. Chances are they are VERY caustic and could easily stain your wheels if you are not careful. We have a few very safe wheel cleaners that need very little agitation if used regularly. Typically wheels are anodized OR painted. They are two very different finishes that require very different methods for cleaning.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote