REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Speed traps on Marine Drive (https://www.revscene.net/forums/680941-speed-traps-marine-drive.html)

BustinANut 02-25-2013 04:37 AM

Speed traps on Marine Drive

Hey guys, I use Marine way to commute from school and back almost everyday on the weekday. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on 2 speed traps I see people get caught by every time I drive by. The first one is heading East on Marine Way right before Boundary and Marine Way. The road has an S shape so they'll have a cop in the trees clocking speeds and after you complete the S shape the officers will be there to pull you over. The second one isn't too far away but this one is clocking people going Westbound. This one is also near Boundary and Marine way but this trap is set-up about 400 metres east of Boundary. The cops find this trap very effective because about 400 metres east of the trap is a speed regulation sign that states 50 KMs from the 70 KM people were currently going. Good luck and thanks for reading.

Soundy 02-25-2013 07:18 AM

Did they ever fix the lack of signage?

melloman 02-25-2013 08:13 AM

Sorry but I need to correct you abit on the first trap..

I commute daily (Monday-Friday) along Marine Drive (Boundary to Knight St), and I have never seen an officer standing in the trees. Once you pass the Public Storage and you get to the straight part in the trees, they have an officer set up in the curb lane shooting radar. They will usually walk out into traffic to get you to stop. It's happened to tons of people infront of me, as I know this spot really well.

Other spots along Marine Drive are:

Westbound:
Alley before Elliot, they will shoot because most people pick up speed after the light at Jellicoe.

Leaning over the North-East corner retaining wall at Victoria Drive.

*Only seen once* 1 cop stands on the pedestrian overpass shooting radar, then relays the information to cops at Victoria Drive waiting to pull the vehicles over.

Eastbound:
They sit on Nanaimo St. as most cars pick up speed after the light at Victoria Drive.

BustinANut 02-25-2013 08:21 AM

BustinANut 02-25-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8169407)
Sorry but I need to correct you abit on the first trap..

I commute daily (Monday-Friday) along Marine Drive (Boundary to Knight St), and I have never seen an officer standing in the trees. Once you pass the Public Storage and you get to the straight part in the trees, they have an officer set up in the curb lane shooting radar. They will usually walk out into traffic to get you to stop. It's happened to tons of people infront of me, as I know this spot really well.

Other spots along Marine Drive are:

Westbound:
Alley before Elliot, they will shoot because most people pick up speed after the light at Jellicoe.

Leaning over the North-East corner retaining wall at Victoria Drive.

*Only seen once* 1 cop stands on the pedestrian overpass shooting radar, then relays the information to cops at Victoria Drive waiting to pull the vehicles over.

Eastbound:
They sit on Nanaimo St. as most cars pick up speed after the light at Victoria Drive.

Thanks for correction for one I misinterpreted that.

melloman 02-25-2013 08:39 AM

^^ No worries. I see tons of people getting nailed there. It's just so easy to pick up speed and once you pass that bend to the straight away, it's too late to slow down because they've already nailed you.

wing_woo 02-25-2013 11:58 AM

The one at the alley before Elliot was there today about an hour ago.

BustinANut 02-25-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wing_woo (Post 8169545)
The one at the alley before Elliot was there today about an hour ago.

I actually haven't seen this one before. Maybe I should look around for it next time

XplicitLuder 02-25-2013 05:47 PM

just drive properly (no speeding, etc etc) between boundary and knight st both ways and you'll be fine, apart from that get err donee :badpokerface:

wing_woo 02-26-2013 08:18 AM

The thing I hate is that I feel like I'm holding up traffic when I go at 50 on that stretch. I've done it before and everyone is blowing by me at like 70 or 80 and I feel like I'm just blocking everyone. Even when I'm going down Kerr to get to Marine Dr, I was going 50 and people were going in the oncoming lane to pass me. Wish people would just slow down.
Of course, after they pass me, I'll end up being right behind them when they get to Marine Dr cause they'll be waiting on the same light as me.

melloman 02-26-2013 08:36 AM

^^ True. If I tend to travel around 50-55 I stay in the middle lane on Marine. Left lane and Curb lane for passing. :p

cho 02-26-2013 09:06 AM

on sat/sun , eastbound they hide right by the uhaul/whitespot and nail you and pull you into ross

BustinANut 02-26-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wing_woo (Post 8170201)
The thing I hate is that I feel like I'm holding up traffic when I go at 50 on that stretch. I've done it before and everyone is blowing by me at like 70 or 80 and I feel like I'm just blocking everyone. Even when I'm going down Kerr to get to Marine Dr, I was going 50 and people were going in the oncoming lane to pass me. Wish people would just slow down.
Of course, after they pass me, I'll end up being right behind them when they get to Marine Dr cause they'll be waiting on the same light as me.

Yeah when I go 50 in the right lane even truckers get mad and blow by me

ninjatune 02-26-2013 09:08 PM

Doing 50 on Marine Dr..:woot2: bustin a nut.

Speed2K 02-26-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cho (Post 8170215)
on sat/sun , eastbound they hide right by the uhaul/whitespot and nail you and pull you into ross

I saw them here for the first time this past weekend!

spideyv2 02-27-2013 11:29 AM

The speed trap on Elliot has been there for yeeeears

sebberry 02-27-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wing_woo (Post 8170201)

That's impossible - you mean that regular speed enforcement hasn't changed the speed that traffic travels at on that road? :failed: