REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #51
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
From the looks of it, there was only one dude that said he was at the table beside them.

The rest of the fools are just making jokes related to another forum.
No, I was there too.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #52
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
LOL I'm more surprised why this isn't on video and people yelling WORLD STAR!!!
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
LOL I'm more surprised why this isn't on video and people yelling WORLD STAR!!!
Best comment yet,

We haven't had a video yet that has competed against the Vietnamese restaurant brawl scene on Halloween. That was insane, footage captured at both ends, and the Asian guy screaming "World Star Hiphop!"
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #54
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
World Star Hip-Hop is better known for videos of fights than hip-hop.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I can confirm, I was the table.
but he already said he was the table

unless there were 2 tables involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
I can confirm, I was the table that was next to them
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #56
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
I can confirm, I was at the table next to the table that was next to them.

Hopefully that puts an end to everything....
Quote:
i can confirm, i was busboy
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #57
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
I can confirm, I was the table that was next to them
Quote:

Example of reading comprehension fails

Jayrae said the exact same thing sonick did

Jayrae got people criticizing him for not giving details and Sonick got thanks for the joke

StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #58
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Example of reading comprehension fails

Jayrae said the exact same thing sonick did

Jayrae got people criticizing him for not giving details and Sonick got thanks for the joke

Brevity is the soul of wit
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #59
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
World Star Hip-Hop is better known for videos of fights than hip-hop.
when you're scrapping another person in front of a crowd and then you hear wooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllldddddddd stttttttaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr

you better fight for your fucking life
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #60
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
when you're scrapping another person in front of a crowd and then you hear wooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllldddddddd stttttttaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr

you better fight for your fucking life
Best advice in this entire thread.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #61
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:
Best comment yet,

We haven't had a video yet that has competed against the Vietnamese restaurant brawl scene on Halloween. That was insane, footage captured at both ends, and the Asian guy screaming "World Star Hiphop!"
One plate to a girl's face and a "World Star!" away from being all the rage on the internet
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #62

Quote:
From the looks of it, there was only one dude that said he was at the table beside them.

The rest of the fools are just making jokes related to another forum.
Here's my bill.

And btw, the bride was grabbing the waitress and the waitress was trying to get the bride off of her, and then the bouncers came in grabbed the bride and kicked her out.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #63

FINALLY! Thanks for the update Dohboi.

Guess the bride was drunk as shit. But that doesn't excuse the bouncers for giving her those cuts. As some guys here have mentioned, these f-tards need to realize their actions have consequences.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #64

Quote:
FINALLY! Thanks for the update Dohboi.

Guess the bride was drunk as shit. But that doesn't excuse the bouncers for giving her those cuts. As some guys here have mentioned, these f-tards need to realize their actions have consequences.
It wasn't the bouncers that gave her the cut, i think she fell on the steps towards the tables, as she was trying to get up she grabbed the waitress or maybe though the waitress pushed her or something. Waitress was already standing at the top of the steps pouring drinks for another table.

there's broken glass all over the floors everywhere in those places, people break glasses all the time and especially around tables. Honestly that cut on her foreheard is pretty hard to do with finger nails, etc. I suspect it was from glass all over the floor and well she planted face down on the floor and some steps she started bleeding.

i only saw the bride grab the watress, then the waitress turned around and tried to push the bride off. Then the confrontation started. It lasted like 6 seconds and bouncers grabbed them, theres no way the waitress did this to her.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #65
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykopathik View Post
wtf is wrong with you people? provide some proof or details.

"it was aliens. I was in Vancouver at the time as well."
I can confirm, I was aliens
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #66
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohboi View Post
It wasn't the bouncers that gave her the cut, i think she fell on the steps towards the tables, as she was trying to get up she grabbed the waitress or maybe though the waitress pushed her or something. Waitress was already standing at the top of the steps pouring drinks for another table.

there's broken glass all over the floors everywhere in those places, people break glasses all the time and especially around tables. Honestly that cut on her foreheard is pretty hard to do with finger nails, etc. I suspect it was from glass all over the floor and well she planted face down on the floor and some steps she started bleeding.

i only saw the bride grab the watress, then the waitress turned around and tried to push the bride off. Then the confrontation started. It lasted like 6 seconds and bouncers grabbed them, theres no way the waitress did this to her.
i can confirm, i was bride

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #67
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
jokes over bro
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #68
I STILL don't get it

^still could be funny if we keep on trying.

I can confirm, i was peanut.
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #69
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

dumb bitches that can't accept that something that happened to them has to try and turn it around on other people and establishments just to sue or press charges. I am pretty sure the waitress had a reason if any that lead to what happened because of some drunk bitch. Maybe waitress was defending herself, in heels, pissed off with drunk mawfuckers around.
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #70
RS Lurker, I don't post!

It's going to be awhile before anyone gets the truth. The bride has stated herself in her own posts on Facebook that she is fuzzy on the details. She may be acting in good faith.

Numerous articles state that the police reviewed the tapes and state no charges are warranted against the bar. They also state that there was another group of females involved. Neither Thompson nor her friends reference this other group, but they may have been relatively inebriated.

This is an unfortunate circumstance for everyone. Unfortunate for the victim as she will likely have permanent scarring. Unfortunate for the bar because they'll be roasted in the court of public opinion.

I've seen many a bar where, yes, people may get kicked out because the waitress is particularly nasty, but the story of a waitress she never dealt with coming up from behind her and smashing her head down doesn't work. One, if she attacked from behind, the victim could not have seen who it was. Two, when bar staff plays games with patrons, they're still aware they are on camera. I've been to a few bars where the staff will kick out whomever they please, but never one where they will blatantly attack a customer and get away with it. If the waitress had done it, police would have laid charges.

Police are adamant there is a 'second group'. The victim's circle of friends denies it. But police have video footage; likely the girls in the group were celebrating and were not entirely sober. They may be reporting to the best of their memory, but if video and witness reports support the bar, the bride could be facing a very nasty lawsuit because this story went viral immediately.

I've never been to Bar None, but I've been working or playing in the bar scene for nearly twenty years. I've seen all manner of insane things, and I have seen many an instance where the bar was completely in the wrong -- but usually those bars don't have cameras in the areas where the problems occur. In BC, the police or liquor inspectors can come in at any time demanding the footage, and the consequences for stupidity are outrageous. If the story the way the victim tells it had happened, the liquor board would have already been involved. (And since I was always DD, I was always sober.)
SoloCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #71
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Fucking Mission trash should stay the fuck out of downtown, and off Twitter as well.
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #72
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCare View Post
She may be acting in good faith.

Quote:
What started off as an amazing night with all my closest girlfriends turned into me getting viciously attacked by a waitress Bar None Nightclub. What kind of establishment has people working there who attack customers for no reason at all. I had not made eye contact nor spoke one word to her when she grabbed me from behind and threw me across a table and brutally attacked me leaving me with a concussion, cuts and bruises all over my body oh and not to mention the nice stitches across my forehead!! I was then dragged (and I mean literally dragged) out of the club by bouncers with blood gushing out of my head as if I was some punk starting fights and they acted as if what the girl had done was no big deal. What a great thing to happen 3 weeks before your getting married! Apparently this isnt the first time something like this has happened there, Ive already been told by other people that they know someone who had issues there and potentially with the same girl! Please share what happened to me and if you know someone who had an issue at this place contact me! I will be pressing charges so any extra info or witnesses would be great.

Making accusations and pressing charges AND throwing up a public page....

Doesn't sound like acting in good faith to me.

If the waitress is pronounced innocent, is there going to an opposite smear page on facebook?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #73
RS Lurker, I don't post!

This incident is going to spark nasty precedence no matter what. Even if the bar is found 100% not at fault, the damage is done.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #74
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCare View Post
I've never been to Bar None, but I've been working or playing in the bar scene for nearly twenty years.
You must really enjoy the bar scene to bother making a new account just to comment on this topic.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #75
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Truth be told, I don't like the bar scene. Never really did. Nearly twenty years of being sober while everyone around me is liquored killed the bar scene for me.

But I've also seen a lot of stagettes. I feel sympathy for the victim, but it's not fair to blame the bar for something you admit you cannot actually remember.

This incident hurts every single establishment out there -- not just bars. By what the victim has done, she's basically declared open season. This went viral in what, an hour or two? What happens next time someone wants to make a complaint (justified or not)? Businesses should not be made to suffer because of what one person says online.