REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Going on a cruise! Suggestions needed

Hey guys, just booked a Caribbean cruise for myself and my girlfriend and I'm looking for suggestions on what to do/avoid at each of our ports of call. She's a bit nervous around water so we won't be doing any snorkel or scuba excursions but any other suggestions are appreciated.

1) Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos
- We'll probably just lounge on the beach and swim a bit as it's our first stop, maybe hit up the shops in the terminal and grab some drinks at Margaritavlle

2) Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Not too sure what to do here yet, we've been told to be careful around Jamaica so I'm trying to sort out where to go and where to avoid

3) Nassau, Bahamas
- Again, I'm open to suggestions here
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
You can save money on shore excursions by booking through instead of directly via the cruise line Shore Excursions Group - Top rated cruise excursions, cruise shore excursions in Alaska, the Caribbean, Europe and more! or Shore Excursions - Cruise Excursions & More | ShoreTrips.

Our agency uses/has used them before and they are highly recommended (for the record the links I posted are not affiliated in any way).

Haven't been to Caribbean ports but we did ATV excursions in Mexico which were pretty fun.

Just curious, which ship are you on?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Thanks for the links, I'll check those out.

We're going on the Carnival Breeze
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

do not fall prey to the guys trying to sell cheap stuff in Jamaica. Keep walking as they are aggressive in trying to sell you stuff.

Last edited by racerman88; 03-02-2013 at 12:01 PM.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

We did a tour around the islands that was nice for each port to give us a look of the islands . You just have to make sure the tour does not take all day otherwise you won't have time to explore yourself

Last edited by racerman88; 03-02-2013 at 12:38 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Dunns Falls in Jamaica is a waste of money. Essentially bus takes you there and you walk down a trail to the falls and walk around it to take closer look. We paid a legit cabbie to give us a tour around the island for cheaper. You just have to make sure they have the proper credentials.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

When we did a short cruise to Nassau, we did the tour of Atlantis and that was decent. Got to walk around on our own after the guided tour then headed back to the ship to relax on the deck
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
i just did this cruise. i had a great time. There was 8 of us that went.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Never been to those ports before but when we cruise we usually go to the cruise critic forum to do research and to look-up our cruise ship and sail date on the "roll call" if there are some interesting tours being set-up we might join a group; I've also created a few groups for tours as well. Private tours are much smaller and cheaper than the tours offered by the cruise ship company.