REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Local shop fail

Here is the ad that was in the local paper. It's shop that have bought stuff from before.

But the model number is for these speakers:

So I go to the store and it's for the coax not the tubes. Not only that they only had one pair that where sold. Why would you put a full page double sided ad in a paper and only have one of a product. They tried to sell me a 8 inch version of the tubes for $200 plus taxes. Spent about 4 minutes in the store and talked to 3 different sales people. I can understand having the wrong picture in an ad but everything else is a major fail.
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

To get customers to call when they see a "good" deal, then they would try to up sale or offer you a different one, basically get traffic to the store

And could be just an honest mistake
Posted via RS Mobile
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Futureshop got in trouble with doing bait and switch ads in the 90's.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
Futureshop got in trouble with doing bait and switch ads in the 90's.
Some big box stores still do this. We see it happen to innocent shoppers every day and frankly, its disturbing.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
That ad reeks of Visions....

They're huge pieces of shit for doing similar stuff.

I've been there before, when you go to look at a sale item, but then the sales guys all tell you that it's junk, and garbage. That's why it's on sale... "Tell you what man, I'll give you a 'deal' on something that's twice the price."

The faster Visions goes out of business, the better.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

This is the beauty of shopping at independent stores. We have no other recourse than to serve you well. News travels so fast these days that when a company shits on their customers, the general public knows about it the same day!!!
A sale from number crunching companies is nothing but a commercial to get you in the door. At that point, they can "sell" you on what they want. Many people get frustrated & leave. Others just buy it, then feel let down later.
As consumers, we all want to be treated fairly & honestly. When I feel cheated from those goals, I stop spending money there. I tell my friends of my experience so that they don't get burned either. It's this kind of knowledge that allows companies like Revscene sponsors to grow. We all have that incentive to treat our customers like human beings, not numbers.

Keith McCumber
SoundsGood Auto Services
Everything we do is sound!

104-2700 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam 604-961-8626

1420 Boundary Rd. Burnaby, 604-676-8100

www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 6:00

Authorized dealers of: Focal, Audison, Alpine, JL, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Thinkware, Compustar, K40...

WE ACCEPT: ICBC Claims, VISA, MC, DEBIT, PAYPAL AND CASH.
installerz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerz View Post
This is the beauty of shopping at independent stores. We have no other recourse than to serve you well. News travels so fast these days that when a company shits on their customers, the general public knows about it the same day!!!
A sale from number crunching companies is nothing but a commercial to get you in the door. At that point, they can "sell" you on what they want. Many people get frustrated & leave. Others just buy it, then feel let down later.
As consumers, we all want to be treated fairly & honestly. When I feel cheated from those goals, I stop spending money there. I tell my friends of my experience so that they don't get burned either. It's this kind of knowledge that allows companies like Revscene sponsors to grow. We all have that incentive to treat our customers like human beings, not numbers.
The place is independent. They have a total of 3 locations on the Island.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The place is independent. They have a total of 3 locations on the Island.
Oh, them...

Well I guess it's not their focus to survive on reputation. Advertising dollars are a game changer.

Keith McCumber
SoundsGood Auto Services
Everything we do is sound!

104-2700 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam 604-961-8626

1420 Boundary Rd. Burnaby, 604-676-8100

www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 6:00

Authorized dealers of: Focal, Audison, Alpine, JL, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Thinkware, Compustar, K40...

WE ACCEPT: ICBC Claims, VISA, MC, DEBIT, PAYPAL AND CASH.
installerz is offline   Reply With Quote