REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
I stopped a car for speeding and the driver ducked around the corner out of sight. Just as I stopped behind the car I saw the car bounce as the driver & passenger switched with each other. The new driver insisted he had been driving so he got a VT for speeding, failing to display his N and an expired DL. They had been in such a hurry to try and trick me that he had forgotten that his DL had been expired for a couple of weeks and that the "non-N" car owner (now passenger) had no required N on the back.

A couple of days later I got a call from the guy I ticketed, saying that he had switched and didn't want the VTs now....specially since he would get a 60 day prohib as well. I told him to come into the Cop Shop and give me a cautioned statement admitting that he had obstructed justice by the switch. I would cancel the speeding VT but as he did have care & control, the N and expired DL tickets would stay and I would be charging him and his buddy with the CC obstruction charges. He would be testifying for the Crown. For some reason I never heard from him any more?? Can't figure what happened?
lol...should've kept quiet, tell him to come in and sign a statement...
after he signed the statement, THEN you tell him you are charging him for obstruction of justice..
Advertisement
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
I stopped a car for speeding and the driver ducked around the corner out of sight. Just as I stopped behind the car I saw the car bounce as the driver & passenger switched with each other. The new driver insisted he had been driving so he got a VT for speeding, failing to display his N and an expired DL. They had been in such a hurry to try and trick me that he had forgotten that his DL had been expired for a couple of weeks and that the "non-N" car owner (now passenger) had no required N on the back.

A couple of days later I got a call from the guy I ticketed, saying that he had switched and didn't want the VTs now....specially since he would get a 60 day prohib as well. I told him to come into the Cop Shop and give me a cautioned statement admitting that he had obstructed justice by the switch. I would cancel the speeding VT but as he did have care & control, the N and expired DL tickets would stay and I would be charging him and his buddy with the CC obstruction charges. He would be testifying for the Crown. For some reason I never heard from him any more?? Can't figure what happened?
Wow, you can be NASTY when you wanna be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
The reason that people keep trying to confirm your story is because it's so mind-numbingly retarded that they aren't sure that you are actually asking such a stupid question.
Everyone here is acting as if I came up with this idea or seeking advice in hopes to make a decision. Neither are expressed in the OP.

I can't be curious as to what the series of events would look like if such a situation occurred?

The majority of you smart asses have stated that OBVIOUSLY no consequences would ensure, YET based on what officer zulutango posted, providing a cautioned statement admitting to obstructing justice and testifying before crown CAN in fact alter the degree of penalty. (although this applies to speeding tickets I'm going to guess that it doesn't for DUIs)
Seems like a lot of people are misinformed on their presumptions regarding my "stoopid" question

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 03-05-2013 at 12:12 PM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,158 Times in 7,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
The majority of you smart asses have stated that OBVIOUSLY no consequences would ensure
Who said that?
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
I'd say that pretty much covers it.

"Is that not what I posted"? Well OP, that's what we were all trying to be sure of, that's why we asked... because that's what it LOOKED like you posted, but it was just too bizarre a situation to believe.
whats so hard to believe? That someone who isn't well versed with the law asked a question in the police forum for advice about policing? wow that IS bizzare. am I in the twilight zone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
lol, for someone thats asking for help you responde sure sounds ignorant .
"The word ignorant is an adjective used to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts"

So far I've considered everyone's input and opinion, even the nonconstructive ones which quite frankly consists of 90% of all responses. I've yet to deliberately ignore facts because welll... aside from zutulango, none have been presented.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,158 Times in 7,153 Posts
Next question:
"So my friend had this bag of coke and when we got searched by the cops he asked me to shove it up my ass. What would have happened if I did it?"
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Next question:
"So my friend had this bag of coke and when we got searched by the cops he asked me to shove it up my ass. What would have happened if I did it?"

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 01-14-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #33
nma
#RVG

lol dude you posted on revscene, what do you expect.. why so mad?
regardless if you're changing stories and statements obviously your story becomes less and less credible.
this makes you look like an idiot and could possibly result in other charges being pressed.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #34

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #35

"Well versed in the law" is irrelevant. This has fuck all to do with the law and everything to do with COMMON SENSE, which apparently is far from common up in here.

I suppose the fact that you got in the car with a drunk driver in the first place tells us all we really need to know...
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
nma
#RVG

let alone the fact that you knowingly let your friend drink and drive.....
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #37

Quote:
"Well versed in the law" is irrelevant. This has fuck all to do with the law and everything to do with COMMON SENSE, which apparently is far from common up in here.

I suppose the fact that you got in the car with a drunk driver in the first place tells us all we really need to know...
Posted via RS Mobile
actually, common sense doesn't inform one that you can refuse to provide ID to an officer when asked

common sense would suggest that the act of switching seats very well may have associated risks, but unless you ARE well versed with the law, common sense doesn't give you answers for associated penalties (if any)

why does it matter what my question says about me personally? did you want to know me personally? You can just PM me for a coffee date if you wanted to assess me further. I didn't know there were pre-requisites for quality of character to ask a question in this forum?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
my buddy got a dui and i was in the passenger seat. Hes trying to dispute it and wants to write a letter saying I switched seats with him

I told him hes an idiot and that is prob the worst idea ever. Im curious tho... if i were to hypothetically agree to that, what type of consequences would ensure?

also, I was in the passenger seat and the police officer wanted to see my ID. I told him I don't really want to give him my ID as i don't want my name in the police report and he was saying its required by law, is this true? I don't have a criminal record so I just gave it to him
Breakdown of this retarded post as follows:

-Friend is drunk driving car.
-You are?? Drunk aswell? Sober?
-Friend wants to say you switched seats with him. --> You take the fall.
-Either (as zulu said) you get the charge for obstructing justice.. (if you were sober)
-OORRR you get the charge of obstructing justice + a possible DUI if at the time the officer thought you might've been under the influence (granted.. there's no details of WTF happened as you cleanly left all those out.. So I don't know if the officer did any test to you aswell)

Hopefully that details out why your getting flamed straight through your butt.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #39

Quote:
common sense would suggest that the act of switching seats very well may have associated risks, but unless you ARE well versed with the law, common sense doesn't give you answers for associated penalties (if any)
Yeah, but you're talking here about the classic sober-passenger-switches-with-drunk-driver, which is something that someone MIGHT think is a good idea until they realize the potential consequences.

Your original post, as it's laid out - or at least, as EVERYONE here has come to understand it - has you supposedly sober, your buddy who's driving is drunk, and your buddy WHILE SITTING IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT, wanting to tell the cop that you had ALREADY SWITCHED SEATS... meaning the car HAD a sober driver, and when it got pulled over, the drunk guy got in the driver's seat.

Which on the very face of it, utterly defies all common sense and logic. THAT is the main reason everyone is flaming your ass.
Quote:
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #40

I'm not asking IF it is a bad idea, I'm asking for the specific details pertaining to the law and penalties ensuing simply out of curiosity which no1 except the officer has elaborated on

everyone else is just going off like DERP DUDE LIKE R U SRS, LIKE THATS TOTS LIKE A BAD IDEA MAN R U DUMB

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 03-24-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
We all understand why HE would want to paint that picture. The question is why would YOU let him paint that picture seeing as it would result in you facing fines/suspensions/etc?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #42

another reading comprehension fail. i dont know how many fucking times ive stated i have 0 intention to. but simply would like to know if i would be penalized in any form IF i were to. pretty straight forward if you ask me if people didnt get all side tracked with moral antics. ffs why do ppl even respond if theyre not gna give an answer
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #43
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
not sure why everyone thinks OP is a retard

from what i get from it hes just asking is it possible for a friend to deliberately take the fall of the person charged
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #44
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

letting his friend drive him while under the influence makes him a retard.
z2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #45
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
another reading comprehension fail. i dont know how many fucking times ive stated i have 0 intention to. but simply would like to know if i would be penalized in any form IF i were to. pretty straight forward if you ask me if people didnt get all side tracked with moral antics. ffs why do ppl even respond if theyre not gna give an answer
Posted via RS Mobile
Okay then you fucking twat. Yes you would be penalized. Lying to a police officer is called obstruction of justice. Your question is answered.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #46
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #47
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Wow, you can be NASTY when you wanna be!
Nah....just old, lazy and experienced in the ways of the legal system here. It's a way to get "justice" from the "Legal system".

Last edited by zulutango; 03-05-2013 at 08:13 PM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #48

Quote:
WHY and HOW Soundy thinks (not everyone, only you) the reason for switching seats when I'm presumably sober in the first place (thus rendering the switch completely and utterly pointless) since I'm not breaking any laws is beyond comprehension. I don't know where that train of thought comes from but its safe to say you lack deductive reasoning and/or the ability to think logically
From reading this thread, it sounds like everyone else read your question the same way I did, so...

Quote:
Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #49
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
not sure why everyone thinks OP is a retard

from what i get from it hes just asking is it possible for a friend to deliberately take the fall of the person charged
You must be new to this forum
Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #50
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
i cant fail in here but atleast i can
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: