REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Slow Pitch (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681187-slow-pitch.html)

k2_alpha 03-02-2013 07:20 PM

Slow Pitch

Does anyone on RS play on a slow pitch team?
I am looking to get into slow pitch this year but have no idea where to to start. Google results show only league pages that say they have little to no room year after year...

I am new at slow pitch but am fairly athletic. Played "soft ball" in high school gym and did pretty well. And I have a general understanding of the rules of the game. Any help would be much appreciated.

JKam 03-13-2013 02:50 PM

My buddies and I just put together a team for softball city. All we had to do was register our team through a form. I'm not sure how it is if you're joining as an individual though. You'll probably have to contact a team that has open spots.

Softball City Sports & Entertainment Complex

azncreationz 03-13-2013 02:53 PM

If you're an athletic female, then we have room on our team. :fullofwin:

Otherwise, the leagues I suggest you look into are: Crosstown League, and VASL (Vancouver Advertising Softball League). Both leagues have huge amounts of teams and play on diamonds within Vancouver. I've played on both leagues for a number of years.

Wilso09 03-16-2013 03:42 PM

GF and I will be playing our first season of slo-pitch in the "tri-cities" league, just bought our gloves today!
Never played before but we're both athletic enough to hold our own. Not to sure what to expect but should be fun!
Posted via RS Mobile

racerman88 03-20-2013 05:05 PM

It is hard to find a team as a single player if you don't have any contacts. Unless you are a female.

JKam 03-25-2013 09:50 AM

so.. for my team we have 4 girls who need to work on contact. Should I get wiffle balls or real practice balls for drills??

racerman88 03-25-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 8194320)
so.. for my team we have 4 girls who need to work on contact. Should I get wiffle balls or real practice balls for drills??

Use real softballs.
The main thing is to work on their form and timing for swinging the bat.

JKam 03-25-2013 03:20 PM

Any reason why using real ones are better than using the same sized wiffle/training balls?

Team funds aren't very high right now but we'll suck it up if there's a huge benefit to it.

Wilso09 03-25-2013 06:32 PM

Went out for my first team practice (hitting/fielding) and damn I'm horrible at judging fly balls! Depth perception all messed up!
Hitting felt pretty natural though, pretty consistent.

Looking forward for the season.
Posted via RS Mobile

JKam 04-22-2013 02:24 PM

getting smoked at softball city. We were mercy'd yesterday... Some of the teams there are really good :okay:

That and we have terrible pitching.

azncreationz 04-22-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 8194556)
Any reason why using real ones are better than using the same sized wiffle/training balls?

Team funds aren't very high right now but we'll suck it up if there's a huge benefit to it.

PM me if you want some used softballs, but still in decent shape, I got some lying around not being used.

K-bad 05-03-2013 02:22 AM

Anyone need an extra guy in there team? I'm fairly new but I've been practicing with a friend recently.
Posted via RS Mobile

JKam 08-16-2013 03:55 PM

Anyone know where there are some batting cages in Van/Bby/Surrey? I only know of the ones at Softball city.