REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Downtown parking lots vs. lowered cars (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681321-downtown-parking-lots-vs-lowered-cars.html)

Clon3 03-05-2013 09:52 PM

Downtown parking lots vs. lowered cars

Does anyone know if there are parking lots that are friendly for lowered cars near the Waterfront Seymour/Hastings area? I'm driving around the area and most of these parking lots (Impark, Diamond, EasyPark, etc) have some crazy ramps/humps on entry. Once you get in, some lots even have very tight ascending ramps from floor to floor.

I just don't want to end up going into the wrong parking lot and bottoming out on the way in/out. For the record, my car isn't slammed. However, if you look at some of these entrances, even an 2" lowered car probably wouldn't make it.

Thanks in advance!

?uestlove 03-05-2013 10:05 PM

i'm of no help since i don't drive a lowered car, but there is no such thing as "too low" to get around parking lots, there is only "not fast enough".

pedal on the right = no getting beached

kakucaekz 03-05-2013 10:07 PM

With that logic, pedal on the right can also = ripping off oil pans :lol

?uestlove 03-05-2013 10:19 PM

there's something about hearing a car scrape speed bumps that makes me feel so dirty. in a good way

those 240 guys with their bumpers zap strapped on for easy removal know what i mean

BrRsn 03-05-2013 10:46 PM

How low is your car OP?

For the record my car bottoms out on the 3" elevated walkway at Mcdonalds on the corner of kingsway/victoria -- but I've never had any problems with DT parking lots, or SFU/UBC for that matter ... trial and error OP ... put some hair on that chest and scrapes on that bumper :fuckthatshit:

Nlkko 03-06-2013 01:15 AM

Try the one at BCIT downtown.

nabs 03-06-2013 01:23 AM

I hate that one, I've scraped so many times trying to find a good angle to cross with no scrape, I just gave up and take the long way around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8177525)
How low is your car OP?

For the record my car bottoms out on the 3" elevated walkway at Mcdonalds on the corner of kingsway/victoria -- but I've never had any problems with DT parking lots, or SFU/UBC for that matter ... trial and error OP ... put some hair on that chest and scrapes on that bumper :fuckthatshit:

kunoman1 03-06-2013 06:15 AM

Well I think the entrance to pacific centre parking lot is a big no go

There's a parking complex by victory square that if I recall wasn't too steep or curvy, I think it's a multi story outdoor lot, don't know who runs it
Posted via RS Mobile

murd0c 03-06-2013 06:41 AM

Went from a lowered car to a lifted truck and honestly I could never go back. Nothing beats hitting a speed bump at full speed then watching a driver take 5mins to angle his car over a speed bump so it doesnt scrape.

!SG 03-06-2013 07:42 AM

that being true, dont like wobble feel you get from a solid rear axle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8177660)
Went from a lowered car to a lifted truck and honestly I could never go back. Nothing beats hitting a speed bump at full speed then watching a driver take 5mins to angle his car over a speed bump so it doesnt scrape.

with lowered cars, also depends on your wheel base. a long wheel base can get stuck on ramps and changes of elevation even if the car isnt that low.

PJ 03-06-2013 07:59 AM

My G35 was pretty low... I used to park at the Cordova/Granville parking lot just fine. Just gotta be careful around the turns... but it depends how low your car is

Soundy 03-06-2013 08:16 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...9zpgo1_500.jpg

Expresso 03-06-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ (Post 8177685)
My G35 was pretty low... I used to park at the Cordova/Granville parking lot just fine. Just gotta be careful around the turns... but it depends how low your car is

Same my front lip is probably less than 5" off the ground and I can conquer pretty much all the lots in the area. You just have to be aware in some spots.

There's a lot on Richards/Cordova. The ramp on Cordova isn't great, but the side Homer street is fine. The entrance/exit at the lot right beside Waterfront has pretty much zero inclines. Not sure about the inside.

Anjew 03-06-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clon3 (Post 8177470)
Does anyone know if there are parking lots that are friendly for lowered cars near the Waterfront Seymour/Hastings area? I'm driving around the area and most of these parking lots (Impark, Diamond, EasyPark, etc) have some crazy ramps/humps on entry. Once you get in, some lots even have very tight ascending ramps from floor to floor.

I just don't want to end up going into the wrong parking lot and bottoming out on the way in/out. For the record, my car isn't slammed. However, if you look at some of these entrances, even an 2" lowered car probably wouldn't make it.

Thanks in advance!

Not exactly the area you are looking at but don't dare park at the one underneath the Renaissance hotel (entrance on hastings between thurlow and bute.). first of all there is no way to turn around to get back out since its a one way entrance and to get to the exit there are 2 steep ramps.

Clon3 03-06-2013 11:51 AM

thanks for the useful tips guys.. I'll try out some of the lots you guys suggested and give it a shot.
Posted via RS Mobile

snails 03-06-2013 11:59 AM

went into an underground in burnaby at a 45 degree angle ish, car still so low that exhaust pressed up against the shifter and made it impossible to reverse out :( i wasnt scraping... it was more like gouging and tearing... still hurts to this day

icemiko 03-07-2013 12:21 PM

When I had lowered cars, I could make it into the Holt Renfrew lot fine, just had to go slow. I couldn't get into PC without scraping my cat.