REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Rand Paul been talking for the past 7 hours in senate (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681344-rand-paul-been-talking-past-7-hours-senate.html)

penner2k 03-06-2013 02:48 PM

Rand Paul been talking for the past 7 hours in senate

Live Video - C-SPAN2 | C-SPAN

Been wanting a clear answer on the topic of drone strikes in the USA.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...71443828_n.png

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...86035810_n.jpg

He has never gone off topic the whole time.

tarobbt 03-06-2013 02:53 PM

Maybe that's why everyone was stockpiling guns when the gun debate was heating up.

Preparing for the next revolution, it's been too long :troll:

StylinRed 03-06-2013 03:01 PM

Yeah they're fillibusting the new CIA head from being appointed

Since he and obama are for Drone attacks on US Soil against Americans if necessary

freakshow 03-06-2013 04:10 PM

He's still talking.. quite impressive really

hotshot1 03-06-2013 04:23 PM

That's awesome lol.

I don't know much about Rand but I really liked his dad Ron.

m4k4v4li 03-06-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8177954)
Yeah they're fillibusting the new CIA head from being appointed

Since he and obama are for Drone attacks on US Soil against Americans if necessary

filibustering*

CharlesInCharge 03-06-2013 04:38 PM

They call Obama the assassination czar... coming to a city near you :devil:

I think in reality Ron Paul and his son are a pressure relief valve for angry citizens.
A documentary on torrents called The Revolution Trap by Amenstop Productions goes into this.

Ronin 03-06-2013 05:24 PM

...so it's been like 9 hours?

EDIT: well shit, he just stopped. Some other dude now.

VRYALT3R3D 03-06-2013 05:54 PM

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...VmCUAEKHN3.jpg

Manic! 03-06-2013 06:02 PM

He has been taking breaks and letting other people speak.

mr_chin 03-06-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8178038)
They call Obama the assassination czar... coming to a city near you :devil:

I think in reality Ron Paul and his son are a pressure relief valve for angry citizens.
A documentary on torrents called The Revolution Trap by Amenstop Productions goes into this.

It's more possible than not imo. It's like getting in a fight and this one dude on the opposing side is the peacekeeper. Then you get hit by his friends from all sides because the peacekeeper is creating this "i don't want trouble" atmosphere for you, and you're stupid enough to let your guard down.

Evil will always victor the good because the good always stand by moral and principals while the evil plays outside the rule.

StylinRed 03-06-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 8178027)
filibustering*

yep but mine sounds better like they're busting a nut onto Obamas plan :D

Lomac 03-06-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8178125)
It's more possible than not imo. It's like getting in a fight and this one dude on the opposing side is the peacekeeper. Then you get hit by his friends from all sides because the peacekeeper is creating this "i don't want trouble" atmosphere for you, and you're stupid enough to let your guard down.

Evil will always victor the good because the good always stand by moral and principals while the evil plays outside the rule.

Gridlock 03-06-2013 07:08 PM

They can say yeah, we'll use drones in US air space all they want. As soon as they do it, that will be the last straw and the american public will rock out like its 1775.

And here's a question...we can have this much stink over the idea of using them in the US...well what about every other fucking country, cough* pakistan that they drop bombs on daily?

CharlesInCharge 03-06-2013 07:15 PM

I think a few Americans have been killed already by drones outside of the U.S.
The current system works outside of the constitution because everyone's birth certificate or immigration citizenship, even here, signs you up to a corporation and so they can do what ever they want.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8178125)

Former congress women Cynthia Mckinney, the one who asks real questions (like asking Rumsfield where trillions of unaccountable dollars went, guest hosting Iranian TV news shows a few time, being arrested by Isreal for being in a "break the blockade" boat to Gaza) said that once you get into congress they sit you down and ask you to sign a pledge to Isreal.

When these government people give their allegiance to outside entities and taking monies from corporations... you cant trust the majority of them to be genuine.

Graeme S 03-06-2013 07:17 PM

The Americans who say that they're holding guns so they can resist the government kind of make me laugh. Most of the ones who hold that they want to resist The Man coming down on them stockpile a fuckton of guns and ammo and don't actually get organized into militias...which means that they're easily isolatable. Divide and conquer, as they say.

CharlesInCharge 03-06-2013 07:30 PM

At the same time the murdering soldiers would be American too and they'd only slaughter to a point since it would be their own country men. There will be Chris Dorner's for example.
The elites could always employ the American trained Latin American soldiers and Nato for this but more extremely they can just starve the population to turn on themselves for any left food.

GabAlmighty 03-06-2013 07:39 PM

Man he is doing an excellent job of speaking for a long time

drunkrussian 03-06-2013 08:55 PM

can someone give me coles notes on wtf this thread is about??

StylinRed 03-06-2013 09:02 PM

my post summed it up :P

they're trying to stop the appointment of a new CIA head (John Brennan)

everyone else is just amazed at how long he's been speaking

rsx 03-07-2013 12:06 AM

There's no revolution. There's enough crap to occupy people's minds, from the NFL, Nascar, Iphones, reality shows, movies, etc. Unless the unemployment goes up to 50% or something it's not going to happen anytime soon.

shawnly1000 03-07-2013 12:09 AM

Sen. Rand Paul ended his day-long filibuster at 12:38 a.m. Thursday, almost 13 hours after he began speaking.

"So what would have happened if Paul had kept going?

At some point, Reid was expected to make a parliamentary move that would start the clock ticking for a vote to break the filibuster. Sixty votes would have been needed to break the filibuster, and as Paul himself has acknowledged, he didn’t have the votes to succeed.

After that procedural vote to break the filibuster, Paul still could have dragged things out—-the rule allows an additional 30 hours of debate–into the weekend, before there would be a final vote to confirm Brennan.

But, Paul instead yielded the floor early Thursday morning, allowing Senator Dick Durbin to file cloture to end debate on Brennan’s nomination."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ter/?hpt=hp_t3

Culverin 03-07-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8178219)
The Americans who say that they're holding guns so they can resist the government kind of make me laugh. Most of the ones who hold that they want to resist The Man coming down on them stockpile a fuckton of guns and ammo and don't actually get organized into militias...which means that they're easily isolatable. Divide and conquer, as they say.

Divide and conquer works very well to tear apart a defensive military.

However, it's also by staying separated and hidden that an insurgent force is able to continue fighting against a force like the USA with aerial dominance and satellite intel superiority.

A well armed country is how Egypt was able to successfully conduct a revolution in 2011.

Just sayin....

VRYALT3R3D 03-07-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8178219)

And the liberals in the USA said the same when Bush was president. This is nothing new.