REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
the trick is just to get all your receipts and add up everything to the dollar.. and get ready to tell them that exact amount.
last time me and gf went shopping at the outlets and came back and was worried cause we bought like $700 and was probably gonna get taxed. but we rolled up and he asked the amount and i told him and he's like have a good night.

the other time we were lazy and said $200ish and he's like show me all the receipts that add up to exactly 200 and i'll let you go.. so learned my lesson there
That's exactly what I do. I calculate all the subtotals down to the last cent.
I've never been hassled or taxed, even when I've declared $800+ at the regular border.
Advertisement
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Yeah if you are straight up and truthful often times they'll wave you through.
I often pick up stuff at hagens from the states $400+ each time, get to the border tell them exactly how much and what it is and they say have a nice day.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #28
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I make it a point to always be truthful. The worse that will happen is you have to pay.

I've declared over $500 before and they just let me through. No sense lying. Of course, I think the border guard was not expecting me to say yes when she asked if I'm wearing any of the clothes I bought in the US. She just looked at me wide eyed and I just told her that she's holding onto the receipt of the new pants I am wearing and then she waved me through.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote