REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Peace Arch Boarder

Had a bad luck coming into Canada, went to a lane that was so.... slow. At least 25 cars crossed the custom a head of me on the other lanes.

Finally my turn.. the lady(slow and acted tough.. ask so many question, no wonder 25 cars had passed on the other lanes) border guard... ask where you guys live(me and my gf) ... standard question.. finally how long were you guys away for (I said, 4 days, went to bellingham airport then went to Vegas).. then how much you guys bringing back. I said under $50 then she asked show me the receipts, we said we forgot to prepared ahead of time. She started writing a piece of yellow paper asking more question, did you bring back weapons (WTF? We look like good asian young adult) then told us to move to the side for inspection... Me and my gf really only spent like no more than $50 in clothings to bring it back. So then we went inside the border office, waited for like 5 minute, a border officer called and said you guys are free to go... We got into the car, our bags were untouched...

Anyways in this case, they searched my car, found nothing (we didn't have anything worth more than $50 that we claimed) Just wondering, will my boarder record get marked and be searched again the next time I crossed the border?

I know if you lied and you will be black listed, but in my case, I got searched, but was found nothing(didn't lie to them), I wont be black listed right?
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
I STILL don't get it

you wouldn't be blacklisted or marked at all. the lady found reasonable cause to have you further inspected because i'm guessing she thought that it was impossible to bring back only $50 worth of stuff coming back from vegas. but seeing as they found nothing and that you were found to be not lying, you're all good
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
^What entrax said. You're fine.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Yes you are fine just like the others mentioned. If you were found to be in violation of something, then you can be blacklisted + penalties and possibly fines.

I wouldn't worry about the questions they ask. They ask this to be able be able to see how you respond or react to the question. Consider it almost a behavioral type interview. Depending on the two, these could be considered a pass or raise flags to the officer.

Some random questions they have thrown out of the blue:
- Do you have any drugs, weapons or firearms are on you?
- Do you have over 10K on you?
- How is this person related (if you have another with you inside). When did you meet?
- Is this your car?
- Did you know your Nexus card is expiring (sometimes they say it with the incorrect expiry on purpose)?
- What is your license plate number?
- Where do you live?
- What do you do?
- What company do you work for?
------------------

Have you considered getting the Nexus pass? It does make life easier since they ask less questions. Sometimes they ask no questions at all, and tell you go ahead.

Last edited by Sango; 03-06-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Sango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Boarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

just hope u do not get her coming back again lol

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango View Post
Yes you are fine just like the others mentioned. If you were found to be in violation of something, then you can be blacklisted + penalties and possibly fines.

I wouldn't worry about the questions they ask. They ask this to be able be able to see how you respond or react to the question. Consider it almost a behavioral type interview. Depending on the two, these could be considered a pass or raise flags to the officer.

Some random questions they have thrown out of the blue:
- Do you have any drugs, weapons or firearms are on you?
- Do you have over 10K on you?
- How is this person related (if you have another with you inside). When did you meet?
- Is this your car?
- Did you know your Nexus card is expiring (sometimes they say it with the incorrect expiry on purpose)?
- What is your license plate number?
- Where do you live?
- What do you do?
- What company do you work for?
------------------

Have you considered getting the Nexus pass? It does make life easier since they ask less questions. Sometimes they ask no questions at all, and tell you go ahead.
I had one border guard going into the States ask me if I was transporting someone in my trunk. When I gave her a weird look and said no, she asked, "Why not?"

I've been asked some super weird questions, sometimes obviously the guard is just having fun, but it's a little off-putting... though that's likely the intent.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
PRINCESS

^ I had one guard ask me if I had "ice"
Naive me, i was like "why would I bring ice back when I can make them at home??"
And he was like "I meant meth"

I didn't even know ice was a term for meth till that day...
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Naive me, i was like "why would I bring ice back when I can make them at home??"

Posted via RS Mobile
Border guard was probably
*Naive canadians*

(Don't worry. I didn't know that either)
albertcua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
Need my Daily Fix of RS

This one time when I crossed with my family the guy asked what cellphones we had and asked to see it..
k2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

That's why whenever I cross the border I have my passport, and recipe ready. All my windows are rolled down, radio turned off, sun glasses removed and if it's dark, map light turned on lol
Posted via RS Mobile
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I've been asked some super weird questions, sometimes obviously the guard is just having fun, but it's a little off-putting... though that's likely the intent.
Was driving my wife and her friend to Bellingham to catch a flight once... guard asked the friend about her last name, she said her heritage was French and Italian... guard says, "Ahh, a double-wopper!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
I had probably the fastest border crossing I've ever experienced during my recent trip back a couple weeks ago.

"How long have you been gone?"
"How much did you spend in total?"
"Bring back any drugs or alcohol?"
"See ya"

Literally took less than 30 seconds and I was out the other side

Quote:
Originally Posted by beproud View Post
That's why whenever I cross the border I have my passport, and recipe ready.
Posted via RS Mobile
I have a recipe for an awesome batch of wings which I always have ready. Which recipe did you have?
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #14
Princess Dewey

What I never understood is why are the US officers so much nicer than our canadian officers. Every time I come back from the US I'm given harsh attitude, but when I enter the US the officers are so friendly. I even recall the last time I went the officer stopped the line to tell us a funny story and even made us laugh, seriously made our trip.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
PRINCESS

^agreed
US guards never once gave me hard time and always jokes around

Canadian border always gives me shit unless im with my mom
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #16

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Canadian border guards are definitely more stern than the US guards.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
I find that guards for either side are hit and miss.
The occasional hard-ass US guard will give me attitude and tell me to shut off my car and open my trunk and ask a bunch of questions about my car. (ie. what the bars are for)

Then I usually get a Canadian guard who I will chat with for 15-20 seconds and get waved by no problem. No matter the amount spent. (upwards to $400 on a single entry)

It comes down to how you answer the questions, in choice of words, presentation; whether be tone, eye contact or body language.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #18
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

When I was going through the interview for the Nexus, the US side was a lot more friendly than the Canadian side. Shouldn't they be worried more about people entering their side of the border more so than ours?
'98 EJ8 Civic Si 'DatSi' - (Sold)
'11 MKVI Golf 'Dana' - (Sold)

Active:

'18 F22 230iX' (DD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Don’t you guys dare bid on my gay car. I’ll stab you
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I had one border guard going into the States ask me if I was transporting someone in my trunk. When I gave her a weird look and said no, she asked, "Why not?"

Oh yes, I had something similar. It was going to US, the officer said, something along the lines, "you got a girl in the trunk?" (Because of the color car I drive). I said, "no!".

I recall a few years ago, an officer asked am acquaintance of mine, when was the last time you crossed over? Since he always keeps track of his travels, he went into his pocket book and told him the date and time when he last crossed. The officer said, yep that's right, and lets him go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
It's another behavior type question how one reacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW607 View Post
I had probably the fastest border crossing I've ever experienced during my recent trip back a couple weeks ago.

"How long have you been gone?"
"How much did you spend in total?"
"Bring back any drugs or alcohol?"
"See ya"

Literally took less than 30 seconds and I was out the other side

I have a recipe for an awesome batch of wings which I always have ready. Which recipe did you have?
I personally had very quick going back to Canada sometimes. In the Nexus lane, after I pull up to the booth, the the officer simply saids "Thank You" or "Go Ahead" or "Have a good day/night", and the way I go. It's more like a drive-by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarv View Post
What I never understood is why are the US officers so much nicer than our canadian officers. Every time I come back from the US I'm given harsh attitude, but when I enter the US the officers are so friendly. I even recall the last time I went the officer stopped the line to tell us a funny story and even made us laugh, seriously made our trip.
For me, it appears that the US is more strict because US always asked me questions. Canada on the other hand, sometimes ask few or no questions to me.

Last edited by Sango; 03-18-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrospec View Post
When I was going through the interview for the Nexus, the US side was a lot more friendly than the Canadian side. Shouldn't they be worried more about people entering their side of the border more so than ours?
My interview was the complete opposite.

The American guard was being super serious and firm on the rules of the membership.
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango View Post
I personally had very quick going back to Canada sometimes. In the Nexus lane, after I pull up to the booth, the the officer simply saids "Thank You" or "Go Ahead" or "Have a good day/night", and the way I go. It's more like a drive-by!
My second time through the border at Point Roberts in the NEXUS lane, the US guard just waved me through without saying anything.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
My second time through the border at Point Roberts in the NEXUS lane, the US guard just waved me through without saying anything.
Nice, I've usually gotten the wave-by's going to US a few times as well; pretty random thou.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
Usually it's the female guard that waves me through.

The taller black guy is hilarious, always ask about the mods on my car.

Then there's the grumpy old looking man, always has something to say every time I go down to pick up supplements. "So are you trying to look like Arnold?"
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #24

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrospec View Post
CBSA saw your vyropecs and got scared

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #25
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
the trick is just to get all your receipts and add up everything to the dollar.. and get ready to tell them that exact amount.
last time me and gf went shopping at the outlets and came back and was worried cause we bought like $700 and was probably gonna get taxed. but we rolled up and he asked the amount and i told him and he's like have a good night.

the other time we were lazy and said $200ish and he's like show me all the receipts that add up to exactly 200 and i'll let you go.. so learned my lesson there
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: