REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #151
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-nijzllab View Post
i've never seen a racist or angry japanese person.
I dunno but maybe WW2?
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #152
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
A look at all of North Korea's conventional arms.

North Korea’s Conventional Forces visualized | Graphics | News | National Post

This makes me sad that humanity has spent so much time, money and effort into things that kill instead of heal

I thought Korea was supply capped at 200.
Renxo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #153
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renxo View Post
I thought Korea was supply capped at 200.
I see what you did there...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #154
Need to Seek Professional Help

North Korea demands US withdrawal from peninsula before resuming talks

the tension continues

tldr:

north korea will only negotiate with the US and S korea if they withdraw all US forces from the korean peninsula
s korea thinks its a ridiculous offer
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #155
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
They've been demanding that for decades.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #156
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I thought shells would be lobbed at some island at least, but goddamn DPRK is nothing more than a whining little bitch country. the world should just ignore them. if they fire one bullet across the border, send in the airstrikes and bomb the shit to the stone age.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #157
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
withdraw all US forces then we'll "talk"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #158
The Lone Wanderator

So, after dying down, this are just not getting better:

S. Korea says it will withdraw remaining workers from joint industrial complex - The Washington Post

Quote:
SEOUL — After North Korea on Friday rejected formal talks to resolve a standoff at a jointly operated border industrial complex, South Korea said it would call home its remaining workers from the facility, formally severing the last major connection between the two countries.

South Korea’s decision diminishes the already slim odds of the complex’s survival and widens a divide between Seoul and Pyongyang that has grown during weeks of back-and-forth threats.

The Kaesong Industrial Complex had stood as the chief symbol of cooperation between the neighbors after opening in 2004 as a capitalist bubble on the northern side of the border where South Korean companies employed cheap North Korean labor. But the North, earlier this month, barred South Koreans from entering the complex and then pulled out its own 50,000 employees.

Until Friday, South Korea had seemed hopeful that the facility might soon resume normal operations. More than 800 South Koreans had been inside Kaesong when the North’s barricade was put into effect, and 175 of them elected to stay — a grim three-week holdout aimed at saving their businesses. But South Korean officials say the North subsequently blocked shipments of food and medical supplies, creating an “urgent” humanitarian problem.

The South Koreans at Kaesong are dealing with “greater difficulties due to the North’s unjust actions,” Ryoo Kihl-jae, Seoul’s unification minister, said Friday in announcing the decision. “The government has come to the unavoidable decision to bring back all remaining personnel in order to protect their safety.”

South Korea’s decision followed a threat issued a day earlier to take unspecified “significant measures” if the North did not accept an offer for working-level talks on Kaesong by noon Friday. Several hours after the deadline, North Korea rejected the talks in a statement released by its state-run news agency. In particular, the North accused South Korea of adopting a hostile policy toward the ruling Kim family and allowing activists to hold recent anti-North protests.

The North’s statement warned vaguely of a “final decisive and crucial measure” if South Korea continued to provoke it, but the statement also offered some assurances, saying that South Korean workers would be allowed to freely leave Kaesong if they chose.

The North will “responsibly take all the humanitarian measures including the provision of guarantee for their personal safety that may arise in the course of the withdrawal,” said the statement, attributed to the National Defense Commission, a top decision-making body.

At Kaesong, 123 small- and medium-size South Korean companies had employed virtually an entire town of North Koreans, paying them between $2 and $3 per day.

When Kaesong was conceived, South Korean officials hoped it would not only spur wider North-South cooperation, but also push the communist government in Pyongyang to accept broader forms of capitalism in its tightly controlled economy. The facility failed to transform the North — but it did generate an estimated $80 million annually for the country’s leaders, who collected a bulk of their workers’ salaries.

So far, neither North nor South Korea has publicly given up hope about reviving Kaesong. The North says its barricade is “temporary.”

On Friday, during a meeting with foreign affairs and security ministers, South Korean President Park Geun-hye said she preferred to resume normal operations at the facility. But she also did not want to “wait endlessly” to have talks with the North to resolve the situation, according to South Korea’s Yonhap news agency.

Upside: the border crossing that the Southerners use is still open, so it's not the complete end of the world. But still.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #159
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I think Lil' Kim is probably fuming that the Tsarnaev brothers had managed to steal his limelight.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #160
The Lone Wanderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
I think Lil' Kim is probably fuming that the Tsarnaev brothers had managed to steal his limelight.
Except this was a move by the South, not the North.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #161
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Bumping an old thread
North Korea 'test-fires submarine-launched missile'
North Korea 'test-fires submarine-launched missile' - BBC News

Also from CNN
yongyang, North Korea (CNN)North Korea has carried out a successful underwater test of a ballistic missile, the North Korean state news agency reported.

Leader Kim Jong Un oversaw the test himself, KCNA reported on Saturday (Friday evening, ET).

A submarine launched the missile at a location far from the North Korean mainland, according to the news agency.

Kim praised the test as a "miraculous achievement" and said his country is capable of producing this type of missile. This missile was a "time bomb which will go off on the backs of our hostile enemies at any time," he added, the KCNA report said.

Such rhetoric, while alarming on its face, is not unlike Kim's pronouncements after missile tests in the past.

While declining to talk about any specific "intelligence matters," a U.S. State Department official said more generally that "launches using ballistic missile technology are a clear violation of multiple UN Security Council resolutions."

"We call on North Korea to refrain from actions that further raise tensions in the region and focus instead on taking concrete steps toward fulfilling its international commitments and obligations," the official said.

Anti-ship missiles

Also Saturday, a South Korean defense ministry official said North Korea had fired three ship-to-ship missiles from the sea near North Korea's eastern city of Wonsan.

No other details were available as of yet, the official said. The missiles were fired in an hour-long window Saturday afternoon local time (between 3:25 and 4:23 a.m. ET.)

The anti-ship missiles are designated KN-01 type by South Korea, and are not in the same category as the submarine-launched ballistic missile reportedly tested by the North. That launch was from a port farther to the north, up the eastern coast of the Korean Peninsula.

News of the latest missile firings come one day after North Korea threatened to attack, without warning, any South Korean naval ships that entered disputed waters west of the peninsula.

South Korea responded by threatening to retaliate if North Korea carries out any acts of aggression.

Report: North Korea tests underwater ballistic missile - CNN.com

I wonder how will the world act and if this is true or not.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #162
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol...do u even need to ask?
the world will react how it always has
Spoiler!

CNN will go more ballistic over this info than that missile ever will
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #163
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
CNN will go more ballistic over this info than that missile ever will
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote