REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Interior mold --> shampoo

Found a bit of mold awhile back in my car that's stored outside. Once I found out, I wiped it "off" with the Lysol wipes and the mold hasn't come back yet. Being the paranoid freak that I am though, I would like to properly address the issue by cleaning it.

What I plan on doing is to spray down the whole interior with a vinegar and water mixture. I also want to shampoo the interior after though, just to clean it a bit better and so it doesn't smell like vinegar in the passenger compartment lol.

Anyone have any other tips and/or tricks? Any idea what product to use for a "shampoo"? Tried looking on Autowerkes' site but it is down.

Cloth interior btw.
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Have a look at our new site here. The Chemical Guys Lightning Fast is a great interior cleaner. If the mold wiped up with just Lysol wipes, meaning it hadn't turned black yet, just white/green and fuzzy, you shouldn't need to do the vinegar step but it's up to you.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Keep your car's interior dry, dri z air works for me. I keep it in a small bucket to prevent sloshing the carpet.

If you have AC the plenum drain may be blocked.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

AMMO ShagFabric Cleaner | AMMO NYC

That's what I've been using and what I like to do is spray the carpet it with the product, take a scrub brush and agitate the carpet to bring all the dirt and nasty stuff to the surface of the carpet. Then simply wipe until dry with a terry cloth!

what 911fanatic recommended is good as well.
AYAutocare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYAutocare View Post
AMMO ShagFabric Cleaner | AMMO NYC

That's what I've been using and what I like to do is spray the carpet it with the product, take a scrub brush and agitate the carpet to bring all the dirt and nasty stuff to the surface of the carpet. Then simply wipe until dry with a terry cloth!

what 911fanatic recommended is good as well.
Haven't seen the Ammo line before. How do you like it?
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Pretty good, does the job well, pH balanced as well.
Posted via RS Mobile
AYAutocare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbar View Post
Keep your car's interior dry, dri z air works for me. I keep it in a small bucket to prevent sloshing the carpet.

If you have AC the plenum drain may be blocked.
Don't forget what finbar mentioned about the dri-z-air. It's not much fun to go through cleaning the interior and having the mold grow back. The dri-z-air will keep the interior of your car dry and prevents moisture from starting the mold culture on your seats. I use it in my pickup because it's only driven once a month and also in my camper.
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #8
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Yeah I'm aware of the moisture thing.. I usually start it up every 10 days or so and blast the heat to get rid of all the moisture but I had gotten lazy at one point and that's what led to the mold growth. It's a bit more work to keep moisture out of a droptop but I'll look into the Dri-Z!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

DRI Z is awesome! you can get it at canadian tire. i used it when i was storing my celica for winter.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote