REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Chinese student kills American overseas posts 2 million bail.

Chinese Student Kills American Overseas, Posts $2 Million Bail – chinaSMACK

Rundown:

19 year old Xu Yichun living and attending college in Seattle buys a new C350 Mercedes back in November

Xu does not hold an American nor International driver's license. Claims he has one back in China

Driving with 4 other girls in his car, he goes 70mph in a 30mph zone one night, runs stop sign and T-bones another car, killing an American girl and wounding others.

Judge sets bail at USD $2 million dollars. Mother flies over from China and posts bail with a cashier's check.

I believe he has been in country jail for 2-3 months (since accident in November, until his recent bail payment)

Thoughts?
Advertisement
frostycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

im assuming u want a reaction here becuase he's chinese and rich, not because he is a young punk who made a careless mistake and should be punished?

happens all the time with poorer people of various cultures. If i was loaded i'd want my mom to bail me out too - it's what family does.

Hope he gets punished and it's sad, but i feel like if he wasnt chinese and rich this thread wouldn't exist
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
the question is how was he able to buy the car and get insurance on it? That being said this happens all the time but since he wasn't impaired during the accident I personally don't think he should get jail time for it.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
rip to the chick.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

His mother shouldn't had bailed him out.
What a POS for killing that poor girl. He is not above the law and driving a (slow)Mercedes doesn't entitle you to treat the road as your racetrack. |How did he purchase the car without a license?

He should be rotting in jail now. Slimy POS.
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
the question is how was he able to buy the car and get insurance on it? That being said this happens all the time but since he wasn't impaired during the accident I personally don't think he should get jail time for it.
He was at fault for causing an accident that KILLED someone. You don't think he deserves to rot in jail because: "he wasn't impaired"?! Are you hinting its okay to speed and if you cause an accident and someone is collateral damage of your disregard for the law -- that is okay? wow

He killed someone because he failed to obey the traffic laws. That is vehicular manslaughter.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Ah "chinasmack.com"

Seems legit

Edit: I stand corrected

Last edited by kunoman1; 03-09-2013 at 04:53 PM.
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
Ah "chinasmack.com"

Seems legit
$2M posted to bail out Chinese student facing vehicular-homicide charge | Local News | The Seattle Times
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Money can't buy class...or common decency for that matter. That piece of shit probably felt no remorse for what he did, especially considering he was bailed out.

RIP to the victim.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #10
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
I saw it on the news a few days ago

the concern is that he'll hightail it back to China

As much as Id want my parent to bail me out I think the right thing to do would be to keep him in there but mothers being mothers its no surprise she bailed him out
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
I STILL don't get it

so does the State get to keep the 2 million and it is all over? pretty sweet for them.
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Haha, no.

Bail just means that they hold that money in lieu of him being in jail until his court date. He can not leave the country and if he misses his court date then they keep the money and a warrant for his arrest is issued.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by noventa View Post
so does the State get to keep the 2 million and it is all over? pretty sweet for them.
That isn't how it works. Bail basically allows the accused get out of jail in the period until the trial. The charges against you still stand. If you can't make bail, you stay in jail until the trial date.

You get the amount back on your trial date. It's almost like a refundable deposit.

The bail was set really high because it was feared the accused would be a flight risk (which is also why his passport was confiscated).

The part nobody was expecting was that somebody would actually show up and pay the 2 million dollar amount.

Of course, there are other ways to leave the country even without a passport.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Makes perfect sense judging from the profile pic.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
He should be punished for what he did. It was negligence.
It seems like there's a high chance for him to try and high-tail back to China... does anybody know if they have extradition?

If it goes through to trial, I would think he'd be charged with vehicular manslaughter, or whatever the American equivalent is.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Money can't buy class...or common decency for that matter. That piece of shit probably felt no remorse for what he did, especially considering he was bailed out.

RIP to the victim.
Agreed. Trash gonna trash, no matter how much new money they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !e.lo_ View Post
He should be punished for what he did. It was negligence.
It seems like there's a high chance for him to try and high-tail back to China... does anybody know if they have extradition?

If it goes through to trial, I would think he'd be charged with vehicular manslaughter, or whatever the American equivalent is.

No. No extradition treaty. This source is linked to the extradition article on Wikipedia

Honestly this guy could probably drive to Mexico and get on a plane from there if he had a different passport. With the kind of money his family seems to be spitting out I'd almost put money on him doing that. America is one big playground for him and hes probably only upset that he won't get to go back.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
he can go to the embassy and get a new passport/pass to get on a plane he's probably already gone
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostycc View Post
That isn't how it works. Bail basically allows the accused get out of jail in the period until the trial. The charges against you still stand. If you can't make bail, you stay in jail until the trial date.

You get the amount back on your trial date. It's almost like a refundable deposit.

The bail was set really high because it was feared the accused would be a flight risk (which is also why his passport was confiscated).

The part nobody was expecting was that somebody would actually show up and pay the 2 million dollar amount.

Of course, there are other ways to leave the country even without a passport.
Posted via RS Mobile
so its like a 2 million dollar get out of jail card if he manages to sneak out of the country right?
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
2 mil bail.
that kids probably in china by now.
driving c63 now.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Wouldn't this guy be on some type of do not fly list? I don't think he is flying back to China.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Did you smoke a bowl before writing this?
You usually don't post shit that makes you sound like an etard...
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #22

no way thats a chinese mom. i'd rather get locked up than have to hear my chinese mom bitch and nag about my shit
[22-02, 21:43] ?uestlove i personally find it very attractive when women have stinky farts.
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Apparently, in the US, you dont need a US license to buy a car.. not like in Canada, theres always an insurance agent at most dealerships (on call for smaller ones)

His lame excuse is retarded just like him... GPS took me the wrong way, so I must double the speed limit??? WTF

I dont think most of the mainlanders have any remorse about killing anyone, considering how much crap that goes on there...
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Wouldn't this guy be on some type of do not fly list? I don't think he is flying back to China.
He has been in county jail since November. He was only bailed out recently so I assume they would have had time to set up the necessary procedures to keep an eye on him.

While I don't disagree with his mother wanting him out of jail (until the trial that is, especially when considering county jail is often worse than state or federal penitentiaries), I definitely think that he should be charged for vehicular manslaughter, reckless driving, etc etc and face the full weight of the law.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #25
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostycc View Post
He has been in county jail since November. He was only bailed out recently so I assume they would have had time to set up the necessary procedures to keep an eye on him.
Thats my point he also has to see a probation officer on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Apparently, in the US, you dont need a US license to buy a car.. not like in Canada, theres always an insurance agent at most dealerships (on call for smaller ones)
You don't need a license to get insurance in BC. I don't think you need one to by a car either.