REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Chinese student kills American overseas posts 2 million bail. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681487-chinese-student-kills-american-overseas-posts-2-million-bail.html)

frostycc 03-09-2013 04:10 PM

Chinese student kills American overseas posts 2 million bail.

Chinese Student Kills American Overseas, Posts $2 Million Bail – chinaSMACK

Rundown:

19 year old Xu Yichun living and attending college in Seattle buys a new C350 Mercedes back in November

Xu does not hold an American nor International driver's license. Claims he has one back in China

Driving with 4 other girls in his car, he goes 70mph in a 30mph zone one night, runs stop sign and T-bones another car, killing an American girl and wounding others.

Judge sets bail at USD $2 million dollars. Mother flies over from China and posts bail with a cashier's check.

I believe he has been in country jail for 2-3 months (since accident in November, until his recent bail payment)

Thoughts?

drunkrussian 03-09-2013 04:18 PM

im assuming u want a reaction here becuase he's chinese and rich, not because he is a young punk who made a careless mistake and should be punished?

happens all the time with poorer people of various cultures. If i was loaded i'd want my mom to bail me out too - it's what family does.

Hope he gets punished and it's sad, but i feel like if he wasnt chinese and rich this thread wouldn't exist

murd0c 03-09-2013 04:20 PM

the question is how was he able to buy the car and get insurance on it? That being said this happens all the time but since he wasn't impaired during the accident I personally don't think he should get jail time for it.

Grim 03-09-2013 04:23 PM

rip to the chick.

VRYALT3R3D 03-09-2013 04:24 PM

His mother shouldn't had bailed him out.
What a POS for killing that poor girl. He is not above the law and driving a (slow)Mercedes doesn't entitle you to treat the road as your racetrack. |How did he purchase the car without a license?

He should be rotting in jail now. Slimy POS.

VRYALT3R3D 03-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8180561)
the question is how was he able to buy the car and get insurance on it? That being said this happens all the time but since he wasn't impaired during the accident I personally don't think he should get jail time for it.

He was at fault for causing an accident that KILLED someone. You don't think he deserves to rot in jail because: "he wasn't impaired"?! Are you hinting its okay to speed and if you cause an accident and someone is collateral damage of your disregard for the law -- that is okay? wow

He killed someone because he failed to obey the traffic laws. That is vehicular manslaughter.

kunoman1 03-09-2013 04:34 PM

Ah "chinasmack.com"

Seems legit

Edit: I stand corrected

VRYALT3R3D 03-09-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunoman1 (Post 8180581)
Ah "chinasmack.com"

Seems legit

$2M posted to bail out Chinese student facing vehicular-homicide charge | Local News | The Seattle Times

CorneringArtist 03-09-2013 04:45 PM

Money can't buy class...or common decency for that matter. That piece of shit probably felt no remorse for what he did, especially considering he was bailed out.

RIP to the victim.

StylinRed 03-09-2013 04:47 PM

I saw it on the news a few days ago

the concern is that he'll hightail it back to China

As much as Id want my parent to bail me out I think the right thing to do would be to keep him in there but mothers being mothers its no surprise she bailed him out

noventa 03-09-2013 05:02 PM

so does the State get to keep the 2 million and it is all over? pretty sweet for them.

falcon 03-09-2013 05:14 PM

Haha, no.

Bail just means that they hold that money in lieu of him being in jail until his court date. He can not leave the country and if he misses his court date then they keep the money and a warrant for his arrest is issued.

frostycc 03-09-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noventa (Post 8180617)
so does the State get to keep the 2 million and it is all over? pretty sweet for them.

That isn't how it works. Bail basically allows the accused get out of jail in the period until the trial. The charges against you still stand. If you can't make bail, you stay in jail until the trial date.

You get the amount back on your trial date. It's almost like a refundable deposit.

The bail was set really high because it was feared the accused would be a flight risk (which is also why his passport was confiscated).

The part nobody was expecting was that somebody would actually show up and pay the 2 million dollar amount.

Of course, there are other ways to leave the country even without a passport.
Posted via RS Mobile

flagella 03-09-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Makes perfect sense judging from the profile pic.

!e.lo_ 03-09-2013 05:37 PM

He should be punished for what he did. It was negligence.
It seems like there's a high chance for him to try and high-tail back to China... does anybody know if they have extradition?

If it goes through to trial, I would think he'd be charged with vehicular manslaughter, or whatever the American equivalent is.

El Bastardo 03-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8180593)
Money can't buy class...or common decency for that matter. That piece of shit probably felt no remorse for what he did, especially considering he was bailed out.

RIP to the victim.

Agreed. Trash gonna trash, no matter how much new money they have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !e.lo_ (Post 8180652)
He should be punished for what he did. It was negligence.
It seems like there's a high chance for him to try and high-tail back to China... does anybody know if they have extradition?

If it goes through to trial, I would think he'd be charged with vehicular manslaughter, or whatever the American equivalent is.

No. No extradition treaty. This source is linked to the extradition article on Wikipedia

Honestly this guy could probably drive to Mexico and get on a plane from there if he had a different passport. With the kind of money his family seems to be spitting out I'd almost put money on him doing that. America is one big playground for him and hes probably only upset that he won't get to go back.

StylinRed 03-09-2013 06:42 PM

he can go to the embassy and get a new passport/pass to get on a plane he's probably already gone

noventa 03-09-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostycc (Post 8180629)
That isn't how it works. Bail basically allows the accused get out of jail in the period until the trial. The charges against you still stand. If you can't make bail, you stay in jail until the trial date.

You get the amount back on your trial date. It's almost like a refundable deposit.

The bail was set really high because it was feared the accused would be a flight risk (which is also why his passport was confiscated).

The part nobody was expecting was that somebody would actually show up and pay the 2 million dollar amount.

Of course, there are other ways to leave the country even without a passport.
Posted via RS Mobile

so its like a 2 million dollar get out of jail card if he manages to sneak out of the country right?

xilley 03-09-2013 07:17 PM

2 mil bail.
that kids probably in china by now.
driving c63 now.

Manic! 03-09-2013 07:45 PM

Wouldn't this guy be on some type of do not fly list? I don't think he is flying back to China.

TheKingdom2000 03-09-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Did you smoke a bowl before writing this?
You usually don't post shit that makes you sound like an etard...

?uestlove 03-09-2013 09:19 PM

no way thats a chinese mom. i'd rather get locked up than have to hear my chinese mom bitch and nag about my shit

FerrariEnzo 03-09-2013 09:38 PM

Apparently, in the US, you dont need a US license to buy a car.. not like in Canada, theres always an insurance agent at most dealerships (on call for smaller ones)

His lame excuse is retarded just like him... GPS took me the wrong way, so I must double the speed limit??? WTF :fulloffuck:

I dont think most of the mainlanders have any remorse about killing anyone, considering how much crap that goes on there...

frostycc 03-09-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8180748)
Wouldn't this guy be on some type of do not fly list? I don't think he is flying back to China.

He has been in county jail since November. He was only bailed out recently so I assume they would have had time to set up the necessary procedures to keep an eye on him.

While I don't disagree with his mother wanting him out of jail (until the trial that is, especially when considering county jail is often worse than state or federal penitentiaries), I definitely think that he should be charged for vehicular manslaughter, reckless driving, etc etc and face the full weight of the law.

Manic! 03-09-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostycc (Post 8180816)
He has been in county jail since November. He was only bailed out recently so I assume they would have had time to set up the necessary procedures to keep an eye on him.

Thats my point he also has to see a probation officer on a regular basis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 8180795)
Apparently, in the US, you dont need a US license to buy a car.. not like in Canada, theres always an insurance agent at most dealerships (on call for smaller ones)

You don't need a license to get insurance in BC. I don't think you need one to by a car either.