REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Female Drunkness and Memory

I guess this thread is directly aimed for female members, so your opinion will be greatly appreciated.

From time to time, the girls I go on dates with will tell me that they will not remember what happen if they get too drunk. By drunk, I don't mean like she's vomiting, but a really good buzz. Honestly, from a guy's standpoint, I would need to drink ALOT, be puking my brains out, to not remember what happened last night. And even if I do get to that point, I still have a pretty good idea of what happened the night before. It's not like I'm gonna get probed anally and don't even got a clue. I may not remember every single detail, but I will not forget a good part of it.

So my question is, do girls really not remember what they do when they are drunk?

Again, by drunk, I want to stress that she's not puking her brains out, just a really good buzz.

My assumption is that they do remember what happen, but it's an implied consent to proceed further (if it does go down) because they don't want to look like a slut.

Rollergrip, you don't need to reply.

Thanks!

willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Rollergrip, you don't need to reply.

I'm quite sure they remember what's going on but play it cool so they don't seem like a slut.
I'm like you, the only nights I can't remember are the ones that i'm puking my brains out.
axxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

what's weird is that it isn't even about sex. even regular stuff like walking into a table or getting home they have no idea.

maybe they're just stupid.
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
what's weird is that it isn't even about sex. even regular stuff like walking into a table or getting home they have no idea.

maybe they're just stupid.
Or building up cred for when it matters to not remember.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I can't speak for all girls, but even when I get drunk to the point of puking my brains out, I can still remember what happened. Like you said, maybe not every single detail, but a very large portion remains clear.

For example, when I was working at the Commodore, I went to see a coworker's band play for St. Paddy's day. I drank to the point that I ended up with alcohol poisoning and my brother had to come pick me up and I was carried out by my bf at the time and security. I don't recall much of the trip home (other than getting my brother's door wedged into the sidewalk on Georgia and puking about 2 minutes away from home) but I remember laying down on the bathroom floor and passing out for a while.

Just my personal experience. So I would take what they say with a grain of salt and +1 to what Graeme said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
I banged a chic one night when we were both drunk. I had to get up at 7:00am to go to work the next day. When I get home after work I find that she has gone to the police because she thought someone raped her. Had me convinced someone did until I asked her if we should hold off on sex for a bit. She had no recollection of getting doggy'd the night before, all she knew was she had someone in her and woke up alone.

Was kind of funny looking back at it.

EDIT: She was silly, giggly, wobbly knees type of drunk when the best 38 seconds of the night went down. I figured she wasn't drunk enough to forget everything.

Last edited by ScizzMoney; 03-12-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Left out some info
ScizzMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I blacked out only once in my life before. And it was pretty recent too and I honestly didnt even drink that much. Apparently I continued to play drinking games and drink even more which I dont remember AT ALL!

Pretty weird huh.

So with that said I am more sympathetic to girls now, but it should be a fairly rare thing unless you notice that they are drinking butt loads of liquor. Then they probably are telling the truth.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Sometimes I don't remember stuff until 2-3 days later, then it's like a whole rush of embarrassment
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

idk about other girls but i can still remember what happened the night before even if i was puking my brains out LOL

Last edited by guurl; 03-13-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: im a female :)
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
HELP ME PLS!!!

Ladies, can you please identify yourselves in your post that you're a female? Sometimes your usernames are difficult to tell, and I don't know most of you here.

So far, I can only tell Inaii, and possibly ntran604 being females. I apologize in advance if you're not

Thanks!
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
PRINCESS

I've had days when I was puking my guts out but didn't black out
Had days when I thought it was tipsy but can't remember buts and pieces
But I never forget drunk sex no matter how trashed I am
I hope that answered your question

Yes I'm a chick
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
How I Mod your mother

I always thought it was just an excuse to act stupid and get away with it?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #13

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
sloots gonna sloot
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #14
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
I always thought it was just an excuse to act stupid and get away with it?
I've seen cases where girls were really just way too drunk and couldn't remember shit
But majority of the time from what I hear from my girl friends, yes they do at times use "I was too drunk" "I don't remember shit" "omg I didn't know he was that ugly I was too shittered" as an excuse
... And then they go fuck the same guy again like wtf?
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I don't know what type of chicks you are hanging around with that tells you shit like this.

Although some nights may have been "spotty", I have always remembered the night overall.

I am pretty sure its just something certain type of girls say to get attention.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #16
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

its ok if they forget shit if they're drunk. i forget shit when i'm sober.....

BUT try saying something bad to them (ie. "you're a dirty slut") and all of a sudden they remember everything and it WILL be used against you.

women
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
I don't know what type of chicks you are hanging around with that tells you shit like this.

Although some nights may have been "spotty", I have always remembered the night overall.

I am pretty sure its just something certain type of girls say to get attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
I've seen cases where girls were really just way too drunk and couldn't remember shit
But majority of the time from what I hear from my girl friends, yes they do at times use "I was too drunk" "I don't remember shit" "omg I didn't know he was that ugly I was too shittered" as an excuse
... And then they go fuck the same guy again like wtf?
I think it's safe to say that alot of women use it as an excuse when any sort of judgement is being brought their way based on their actions., sort of like a get out of jail free card.

It sounds like the majority of people here have been shitfaced in the past and still remembered most of the night.

/end thread
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #18
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
I think it's safe to say that alot of women use it as an excuse when any sort of judgement is being brought their way based on their actions., sort of like a get out of jail free card.

It sounds like the majority of people here have been shitfaced in the past and still remembered most of the night.

/end thread
I disagree, but only on one point; a lot of women do not use it as a "get out of jail free card."

The women that are compelled to use it as such are a pathetic minority, who cast a shadow over the innocent majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german
I blacked out only once in my life before. And it was pretty recent too and I honestly didnt even drink that much. Apparently I continued to play drinking games and drink even more which I dont remember AT ALL!

Pretty weird huh.
When you're experiencing a "blackout," the transfer of memory from short–term to long–term storage is completely or partially blocked but the individual areas are still functional. You're able to carry a conversation while experiencing a "blackout," because the associated information circulates in the short-term memory for a few minutes. You're not able to remember the conversation you had while experiencing the "blackout" though, because it couldn't reach long-term memory.

Women experience "blackouts" at a higher frequency compared than men, because they're physiologically more susceptible to the affects of alcohol due to differences in metabolism, body weight, proportion of body fat, and levels of certain enzymes. The same logic applies to comparisons between individual women and men. For example, saying z3german experiences blackouts frequently, but graeme never experiences them, so z3 must be lying, is a completely unsound argument. z3german and graeme are not affected identically by alcohol, because they're both adult human males does not imply that their individual physiological traits do not vary significantly.

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-13-2013 at 12:02 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
I've met a lot of women who use the "I'm a small girl and drank to much" excuse, but I've also got a good friend who barely weights in at 105lbs, never drinks, when she does she gets fucked up, but completely holds her composure...

In my mind, like others said, it's a get out of jail free card..

Girl wakes up in the morning beside a random guy...she knows damn well what she did that night...she just had beer goggles on and thought she was going home with a stud, only to wake up next to an 5/10 guy...doesn't want to accept the truth... so she shouts rape/I blacked out and she now no longer seems like a slut, yet a girl who was taken advantage of...

Bullshit in my mind
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #20
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Ladies, can you please identify yourselves in your post that you're a female? Sometimes your usernames are difficult to tell, and I don't know most of you here.
Thanks!
i see what you trying to do here

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #21
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Out of every massive bender that I went on at university the only night I don't remember was a fairly light drinking night where I got roofied. I was only really out of it for a few hours (260lb dude) but a couple of the girls out that night pretty much conked out for half a day. I got a lot of grief from my buddies for that night. I have no idea what happened after about 1am or so, I remember waking up at a friend's place a little later in the morning and then found out what had happened at breakfast. Crazy night.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.

Last edited by Brianrietta; 03-12-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added more info
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #22
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

I've been all kinds of fucked up and for the most part, I've remembered everything. Some things I'm really embarrassed about but in the end, no point in regretting it because those are the nights where I had the most fun lol. Even when I black out, I can get the night back in bits and pieces and I put it all together eventually.

When I'm blacked out, I still see everything but it's like "movie vision" when you've smoked some pot and my reactions get slower and just more awkward... lmao
[19-07, 22:39] dinosaur i have felt up ri2 before
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #23
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Another female opinion:

It doesn't really matter if I puked or not, I'll remember most of the evening. Lately, I'll forget small stuff I don't make a conscious effort to remember like posing for a photo; moving my coat to a different chair; or something along those lines.

I would remember a kiss or a hug so if I said I didn't remember anything at all it would be a lie.

If a girl is totally incoherent, can't walk/stand, puking uncontrollably, out cold all in one night - I'd say its safe to say she honestly doesn't remember shit.
digitalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #24
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
^^
If a girl gets to the point where she's that fucked up, the bartender/server needs to be blamed.

I'm no bartender or anything, but even I can tell when a girl/guy has had a biiiiit to much and needs to be served a water instead.
If I denied a girl service due to her being shit faced, and her gfs try to be sneaky and buy drinks for her then so be it..I've done my due diligence..if they wanna fuck her up and possibly have some guy pick her up and rape/hook up with her that night that's their problem, not mine.

No sympathy what so ever. They're her friends for a reason. If I was in a situation like that(which I have been twice....unable to walk, almost passed out) one of my close friends would take me home, or to their home and throw me on a couch. Not keep feeding me alcohol.
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #25
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
I've had days when I was puking my guts out but didn't black out
Had days when I thought it was tipsy but can't remember buts and pieces
But I never forget drunk sex no matter how trashed I am
I hope that answered your question

Yes I'm a chick
Posted via RS Mobile
Thank god u remember us phew

Back to the topic, think girls juss do that as an excuse or they just question whatever has happened
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote