REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Costco online orders: exchanges (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681670-costco-online-orders-exchanges.html)

tiger_handheld 03-13-2013 07:19 PM

Costco online orders: exchanges

one: planning to buy something on costco . ca using my friends costco card. if something was to happen and i needed to return it , would i be able to walk into a costco with my bill and method of payment and return it without hassle or will they ask for my member card?

two: do they cross check the member number with the bill name / ship to name on costco .ca?

noventa 03-13-2013 07:35 PM

no they will not let you walk into Costco. You are not a member.

inv4zn 03-13-2013 07:39 PM

^What noventa said. You won't even be able to enter Costco.

They are HUGE assholes over this kind of thing. One cashier hassled me because of a missing hyphen between my costco card and my credit card. Had to get a new card issued.

tiger_handheld 03-13-2013 07:44 PM

^ Thanks guys.

third: Does costco automatically extend the standard manufacture warranty for a 2nd year? So, all new (not refurbished) electronics from costco come with a 2 yr manuf. warranty.

Special K 03-13-2013 07:45 PM

They ask for your costco membership to do any transactions. Returns exchange price match. Only thing they dont ask is when they sell you hot dogs. Haha
Posted via RS Mobile

Alatar 03-13-2013 07:45 PM

TVs, yes. Other electronics, no.

One: Weigh the potential savings/extra warranty + cost of membership vs buying from FS/BB/Visions, etc.
Two: Get a visitor day pass to do a walkthrough of a Costco warehouse to see what they have and if any of the products interest you
Three: All of the questions you just asked here you could have asked at Costco customer service when getting a visitor day pass.
Four: A visitor day pass is a view only pass. You can't buy anything with it.

Special K 03-13-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8184101)
^ Thanks guys.

third: Does costco automatically extend the standard manufacture warranty for a 2nd year? So, all new (not refurbished) electronics from costco come with a 2 yr manuf. warranty.

For TVs yes. Not sure about cameras or laptops though.
Posted via RS Mobile

Oleophobic 03-13-2013 07:47 PM

Sure they won't "let" you enter but it's easy to enter without a card. Just tell the door guy that you're looking to get a membership or something..make up some excuse. Or you can enter through the exit. Easy peasy.

As for online orders, no it won't work. I tried buying something a while back using my friend's Costco card but paid with my credit card and they cancelled my order. They're anal like that.

noventa 03-13-2013 07:53 PM

best option for you is to get your friend to buy it for you. But since costco has a such a kickass return policy, if anything goes wrong it will be easy to have him/her make the claim for you.

Dragon-88 03-13-2013 07:58 PM

Purchaser's credit card must match the membership, or else orders wont go through.

If returning any online orders, If you paid with MC or Visa you will get store credit. They only do refunds on Amex.

Sw0op 03-13-2013 09:55 PM

if you dont want to buy the membership just get your friend to buy you a gift card and that will let you in and they'll allow you to make your purchase

winson604 03-13-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.T (Post 8184108)
Sure they won't "let" you enter but it's easy to enter without a card. Just tell the door guy that you're looking to get a membership or something..make up some excuse. Or you can enter through the exit. Easy peasy.

As for online orders, no it won't work. I tried buying something a while back using my friend's Costco card but paid with my credit card and they cancelled my order. They're anal like that.

Yea, I often enter via the exit to eat first before shopping at the Burnaby Location and have never been asked to show my card before and only 1 time they even bothered asking what I was going in for. With that said, besides eating there isn't much you can take advantage of anyways without a card lol.

There is a loophole where you can shop at Costco if you have a Gift card for those cheap ass motherfuckas who never ever want to buy a membership card.

inv4zn 03-13-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alatar (Post 8184104)
TVs, yes. Other electronics, no.

One: Weigh the potential savings/extra warranty + cost of membership vs buying from FS/BB/Visions, etc.
Two: Get a visitor day pass to do a walkthrough of a Costco warehouse to see what they have and if any of the products interest you
Three: All of the questions you just asked here you could have asked at Costco customer service when getting a visitor day pass.
Four: A visitor day pass is a view only pass. You can't buy anything with it.

It's probably better that he didn't since his friend will also get in trouble for sharing cards.

I remember I went with my mom and she didn't bring her card with her, so we used mine at the till, and the cashier wouldn't accept the cash that came out of my mom's wallet, but accepted mine.

As the others have suggested, you're going to have to ask your friend to help on this one.