REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Scum of the earth - Carol Berner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681973-scum-earth-carol-berner.html)

Sniperslayer 03-21-2013 10:02 AM

Scum of the earth - Carol Berner

http://m.news1130.com/2013/03/21/car...tence-reduced/

You killed a young child from negligence and drinking and driving and you can't serve the ridiculously short prison term you were handed for ending a life? You have to continuously put through appeals and drag the victims family through it?

Fuck gang bangers and other murderers, this is the lowest of the low, whatever comes of her I really hope she rots in hell.
Posted via RS Mobile

EmperorIS 03-21-2013 10:06 AM

camille cacnio and her should be stuffed into a barrel and kicked in to the Fraser River.

JaPoola 03-21-2013 10:07 AM

Yeah fuck that. They made the drinking and driving penalties harsher so why let people off easy that are definitely NOT deterred by those penalties and actually cause devastating damage.

freakshow 03-21-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Berner smashed into a car that hit and killed four-year-old Alexa Middelaer in May, 2008 while the young girl was feeding a horse on the side of a rural road. Middelaer’s aunt was also seriously hurt.

Berner was sentenced to 30 months in prison and given a 5-year driving ban in November, 2010
:fulloffuck:

dinosaur 03-21-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 8190818)
:fulloffuck:

and she was trying to fucking appeal it!

SB7 03-21-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8190823)
and she is still trying to fucking appeal it!

fixed

She can and will still appeal. Our justice system is failing our citizens if we can't even put horrible people like this behind bars for an appropriate amount of time. The money being wasted on dragging out this court battle could be going towards the grieving parties involved. It boggles my mind how this system protects and draws out the sentencing for guilty individuals while the innocent get the short end of the stick up the bum. :failed:

AAnthony 03-21-2013 10:34 AM

-----

wingies 03-21-2013 10:53 AM

I hope she gets whats coming to her in prison *cough* shanked *cough*

GLOW 03-21-2013 10:53 AM

at least her name and picture gets plastered in the news again and again, letting people know about her antics...much like that caciano girl...

El Bastardo 03-21-2013 10:58 AM

Who was that BCIT student who killed those people in that Porsche after recieving a driving ban? He was an Asian guy who seemed developmentally disabled. Hes another one who deserves dubious notoriety.

Jet 03-21-2013 11:44 AM

Too bad The BC court of appeals couldn't just look at this and say "Actually we looked over your case again and we will do something about the sentence, we would like to increase it cause of your obvious continued stupidity"

shawnly1000 03-21-2013 11:56 AM

Appeal dismissed; faith in system somewhat restored.
Posted via RS Mobile

Geoc 03-21-2013 12:03 PM

Why not a lifetime driving ban? This way the courts can say this is a preventative measure and not a punishment (which justice system of Canada hate so much)

GLOW 03-21-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 8190866)
Who was that BCIT student who killed those people in that Porsche after recieving a driving ban? He was an Asian guy who seemed developmentally disabled. Hes another one who deserves dubious notoriety.

are you talking about the guy in the yellow porsche that had a gentlemen's agreement a reduced sentence to do community outreach at HS's to warn young drivers about the dangers of street racing, but then once the lighter sentence was passed, decided not to keep his word and the courts couldn't force him b/c it was only a gentlemen's agreement? i believe it was an older couple, the husband was a doctor from australia?

The_AK 03-21-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 8190814)
camille cacnio and her should be stuffed into a barrel and kicked in to the Fraser River.

I'd watch this on reality tv.

shawnly1000 03-21-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

BC's highest court has quickly dismissed a bid by Carol Berner to avoid jail time.

Within minutes of closing today's hearing in the BC Court of Appeal the three judges came back and said it was dismissed and they would deliver their reasons at a later date.

Berner could still file another appeal with the Supreme Court of Canada, but she must start serving her two and a half year sentence today.

She has only served two weeks before being granted bail in 2010.

She killed four year old Alexa Middelaer in May of 2008 when her speeding car crashed into the child and her aunt as they were feeding a horse.

Alexa's father was in court for today's decision.

Michael Middelaer says he is not expecting berner to end the battle, which has now dragged on longer than his daughter was alive.
Local News Story - CKNW AM 980: News. Talk. Sports.
Posted via RS Mobile

bluejays 03-21-2013 12:19 PM

They just need to castrate the whole Berner family so they can't reproduce. Her son Joshua is in prison for 10 years on a murder charge.

604STIG 03-21-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AK (Post 8190936)
I'd watch this on reality tv.

I'll provide the barrel.

The_AK 03-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejays (Post 8190947)
They just need to castrate the whole Berner family so they can't reproduce. Her son Joshua is in prison for 10 years on a murder charge.

Watch out your comments, bro. Some members are sensitive when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604STIG (Post 8190951)
I'll provide the barrel.

I'll provide the kick.

highfive 03-21-2013 01:44 PM

Fuck the barrel. Let her drink till she was as drunk as she was that day and then throw her in the river.

EmperorIS 03-21-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 8191022)
Fuck the barrel. Let her drink till she was as drunk as she was that day and then throw her in the river.

Waste of booze.

StylinRed 03-21-2013 03:41 PM

all this time trying to fight the sentence she would have been released by now

dinosaur 03-21-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8191141)
all this time trying to fight the sentence she would have been released by now

Was thinking that exact same thing early today!

GabAlmighty 03-21-2013 03:52 PM

Absolutely disgusting, deserves to be dragged behind a car on the highway.

E60_M5 03-21-2013 04:26 PM

She needs at the very least a 5 years sentence (10 to 15 years if I had a say) without any chance of a parole. Seeing this shit pisses me off a lot, I would gladly have my tax money to pay for housing her in a jail cell. The justice system here is flawed big time. The sentences are too light as it is and they got this parole bullshit where you behave you get out early? Fuck, you are expected to behave and use the time to think what you did wrong. Thats what you are in there for.

This is how it should be, If you dont behave and dont show a change, you should stay the fuck in there.