REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Party Bus Legality

Im a Party Bus driver Part time. and Party Bus's have been getting a bad Rap lately.

I know your not allowed to Drink on a Bus (Bus's are considered a public place)

But im just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this issue.

Also as much as i tell people no drinking, etc, people still bring stuff on the Bus, Water bottles etc, the fact that the Operator (Me) could get his License taken away cause i didnt smell everyone bottle, or taste everyone drink.
Links:
/are-teens-safe-on-vancouvers-party-buses

province-to-stress-no-drinking-on-party-buses-at-meeting/

Discuss.
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
whats the point of the bus then.. just get a limo or a couple taxis, mind u i have seen alot of shit on busses, guys and girls getting jealous and drunk and seeing busses pull over and watching fights, people passing out or throwing up on the side of the road, ive outgrown my party faze so now it just seems stupid to me, but as a teen i loved doing that shit. couple weeks ago i watched a bus pull over, a few girls got off and started puking while guys were fighting and some other kids were running down the street breaking fences lol

i dont think the bus is liable if shit goes wrong, those involved should be the ones charged, but i do think there should be some sort of standard set in place, where those renting would get the bill if the bus was infact inspected and failed.

kinda like if a passenger of a car isnt wearing a seat belt, if they have a licence they get charged with the ticket

Last edited by snails; 03-22-2013 at 10:39 AM.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

I dont know of a single party bus story where there has not been AT LEAST a few two-six's on the bus..... ITS A PARTY BUS.

Yeah you could get your licence taken away, thats just a part of the job in my view. People doing it should be to blame, legal system is always F'D tho.
maksimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
say wut?

you cant drink on a party bus?

I never knew cause the last one I went to we brought a whole suit case of liquor in.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
What happens on the party bus stays on the party bus
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
What happens on the party bus stays on the party bus
Until 9 months later.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts

Last edited by vitaminG; 05-16-2013 at 05:44 PM.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
On a personal level I think it's stupid the rap that party bus drivers are getting. Everyone gets party buses so that you can get blacked on it and be driven around for the night.

Just sucks that there's a few rotten eggs out there that have to ruin it for everyone and I agree with you that you cannot be expected to cavity search every person before they get on the bus, pretty overkill.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
The legality behind it is that there is a lot of SH!T going on in vancouver, and the thing with sh!t is when you start poking it, it starts to crack open a little if its dried for a few hours and a foul smell comes from it. The way that the city works is that people tend to think before they choose the sh!t they want to poke at, because if we try poking all of it at the same time, we're just going to find ourselves smelling our own sh!t.

I hope that clears things up.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
sounds like running a party bus for teens is a giant liability on wheels. are you even covered for any of that stuff on your insurance?

im also suprised to hear that its illegal for adults to drink in a limo, i dont think that should be the case.
Are you serious??? On NYE, our limo driver handed us a bottle of champagne(cheapest bottle available probably...) and told us to drink up...
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:35 AM   #11
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
It's illegal to have open alcohol on any vehicle under BC law. That includes limo's and party buses.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #12
RS Peace Officer

44 (1) In this section:

"motor home" has the same meaning as in the Motor Vehicle Act;

"motor vehicle" has the same meaning as in the Motor Vehicle Act, and includes an all terrain vehicle as defined in the Motor Vehicle (All Terrain) Act.

(2) Subject to subsection (3), a person must not drive or otherwise exercise control over the operation of a motor vehicle, whether or not it is in motion, while there is liquor in the person's possession or in the motor vehicle.

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply

(a) if the liquor is in a container that is unopened and has an unbroken seal,

(b) if the liquor is being transported or used in accordance with a licence issued under this Act, or

(c) in any other case, if the motor vehicle

(i) is a motor home and the liquor is kept in a cabinet away from the driver's area,

(ii) is a station wagon or hatchback and the liquor is behind the rear seat, whether or not that seat is in an upright position,

(iii) is a pickup truck and the liquor is in an exterior compartment, a space designed for the carriage of baggage or parcels or any other location that is not readily accessible to any person in the motor vehicle,

(iv) is a motorcycle and the liquor is not readily accessible to the operator, or

(v) is not one referred to in subparagraphs (i) to (iv) and the liquor is in the trunk or space designed for the carriage of baggage or parcels.

Having spent a few years dealing with drunks in vehicles under various circumstances, I would never volunteer to drive a mobile party around. As the night goes on they get drunker and less controlable. Just the thing you don't want to have confined inside the vehicle you are driving. Bus operators would be held legally liable for anything that happend as a result...plus I bet their insurance would not cover them. The only time I would consider driving a bunch of drunks around in a bus would be the "morning after" when they were all hung over and had stopped throwing up....and I would be looking for a huge tip at the end of the drive.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I just drive it to earn some extra $$. its not to bad.

However i dont want to loose my license over this stuff.

hope they change the rules allowing Adults to drink in a safe environment Bus/limo
Old 03-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
The legality behind it is that there is a lot of SH!T going on in vancouver, and the thing with sh!t is when you start poking it, it starts to crack open a little if its dried for a few hours and a foul smell comes from it. The way that the city works is that people tend to think before they choose the sh!t they want to poke at, because if we try poking all of it at the same time, we're just going to find ourselves smelling our own sh!t.

I hope that clears things up.
Dude... you are way too focused on "sh!t". Maybe you should get out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_FTW View Post
hope they change the rules allowing Adults to drink in a safe environment Bus/limo
Keep dreaming.. never gonna happen.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
RS Peace Officer

Hey, easy on him....he's a Mr Lahey fan from Trailer Park Boys.

Last edited by zulutango; 03-24-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
(ii) is a station wagon or hatchback and the liquor is behind the rear seat, whether or not that seat is in an upright position,
Oh crap. I bought a bottle of wine as a gift and set it down in the rear footwell so it wouldn't roll around the trunk.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

Almost all party busses do not allow liquor on them, accept if you happen to know somone who works for a party bus company then they can hook you up and you can bring liquor aboard
Tru3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

ive done this many times, great way to have a great night! but if cops happen to pull over your bus the driver will msot likely get fired and all of u will have to gtfo off the bus.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

One time i tried to bring aboard a bottle of baileys as a graduation present for one of my best buds and they denied me access though
Old 03-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

I had to pay for my bus ticket and i still didnt get my refund
Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #21
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3z View Post
Almost all party busses do not allow liquor on them, accept if you happen to know somone who works for a party bus company then they can hook you up and you can bring liquor aboard
Quote:
ive done this many times, great way to have a great night! but if cops happen to pull over your bus the driver will msot likely get fired and all of u will have to gtfo off the bus.
Quote:
One time i tried to bring aboard a bottle of baileys as a graduation present for one of my best buds and they denied me access though
Quote:
I had to pay for my bus ticket and i still didnt get my refund
Hit the enter key instead of making 4 separate posts.

Edit:
Ahh nevermind. Just looked up your posts and you're clearly spamming.

Banned!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #22
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
yes hail to the bus driver, bus, driver, man

I'm sure you would be liable so if you don't need the gig, I wouldn't bother.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #23
RS Peace Officer

Bar owners and employees and homeowners have been charged and prosecuted after people got drunk in bars and at house parties and injuries and fatalities resulted. I can forsee similar results if the bus company owners and drivers permitted illegal consumption in the bus and something happened. It can only be a matter of time until it does.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Ha! Party buses.

No one takes those things for the view. Their model, as a party bus is not 30 people playing monopoly with a stripper pole...its party=drinking.

I hope they don't have huge financing costs, as one day those buses aren't going to be worth the money when they are so heavily regulated, no one takes them anymore.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote