REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
one must wonder if it was really OP's "friend" that paid the deposit/gave away his money
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
As we all know and have said many times before in similar situations, there are always two sides to a story. . . This happens to be BlueSedan's chopped and skewed version of it which is fine, he's entitled to his rant. But in my honest opinion, BlueSedan tried to be a hero a little too late.

What has this Micky Mouse of a wheel retailer done here? They've overcharged a customer for a wheel and tire set up and tried to maximize their profits. Would I want to shop there? Hell no. I wouldn't even give it a second thought. But OP's friend obviously did and the price she received in the store was cheaper than she had anticipated when she went on the website. She also asked for a cheaper set of tires, and I'm sure she did, we've all done it and so she got a set of Triangles. Shitty tires, yes but cheap and that's what OP's friend wanted.

So OP now tries to disturb shit by calling the store several times, trying to show his feathers like a peacock for his friend and does so by ragging on the store and their products. 6 phone calls later we get to hear a recording of a "conversation" where obviously one side is more heated than the other.

OP says he decided to stop by the place to ASK about the quote and tire specs but instead he ragged on the pricing and the quality of the products they were selling. Again, I have no desire to shop at this store nor will I ever but what did you think was going to happen after you try to confront the store about their prices and products? Did you think they were going to say "oh you're right, here is a better price and some Yokohamas for your troubles?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSedanRUS View Post
neezmowheels,if you are reading this why do you respond to customers this way even if they didn't buy anything from you?
You can't be a customer if you never bought anything...
Old 03-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #28
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Expensive?maybe or maybe not its not my money so it doesnt bug me in any way.But when a girl goes to a mechanic shop she "usually" gets charged for everything,the reason i called is to ask for the detailed quote.2nd the rear tire size was off by 1 inch in diameter.it doesnt matter i bought something or not,the company should always be professional.

Last edited by BlueSedanRUS; 03-24-2013 at 04:00 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #29
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
You can explain yourself on revscene all you want, but you should always keep in mind that "explaining" and "getting support" are not the same. What's happened here is that your friend had a bad experience, you tried to do what you could to help her but went too far and did it the wrong way--you went full retard before you even went to the shop to try and hash things out.

While it's good to help out friends (especially when they put down a $500 deposit), doing it in this way is not always the best move. If there was a chance for her to get a better deal or to get her deposit back, that chance is now remote, if not long gone. In situations where you feel like people are getting ripped off, don't escalate things until and unless absolutely necessary; go down, talk to the guy, look at the wheels. I mean, if your friend paid a cash deposit she should know where the place is right? And if she just met some random guy to give him $500 and got an email saying "thanks for your money" and that's it...then this was one very expensive learning experience for your friend.

tl;dr: RS is not your personal army.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #30

update
She went to pick uo the rims and she got bitched out because i called instead of her.so even you do buy stuff from the company and are the customer you still get "SHAT" and BITCHED at.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #31

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
regardless of whether the company was right or wrong, you should be the one apologizing to your friend for putting her in that position in the first place.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Lol how did you expect the guy to react when your friend went to pick up her stuff after your last conversation with him? I'm surprised she even got the rims at all
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #33
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts

Good morning.
That's not a client. If you like you may speak to the real client and she will telk you her experience with us. That's just what happens when loser calls your business 20 times and tells you 2300 taxes in with install and mounting for a staggered fit and tires concaved and deep dish 2013 tsw line of rims. When the actual client shopped around and knew we were the best deal for her and her spending limit was 3k tops . and she likes our service. We are human. When someone calls non stop and threatens us with bs. We tell anyone like that to fuck off. Just like any business. He's not treated like a client at that point. Cuz he was an asshole. Only a asshole will go out of his way to blog like that.
Here's a challenge if you can find the rims we advertise for less. Even if its from USA just add shipping and 11% taxes and 50 broker fee. You still won't find a better deal.

We sell 78 sets a month a average. There's a reason. Great service great prices and fast install or shipping Canada wide.

Thanks again

Its just the facts.

this thread is kind of like how some people post videos of other drivers brake-checking them, but no footage just before.

You were a dick OP, so you got a dick back.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #34

well when the diameter of the tires are different i think asking a question why its like is totally fine.5% that doesn't seem to work great with TC or ESP
Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoo- View Post
Lol how did you expect the guy to react when your friend went to pick up her stuff after your last conversation with him? I'm surprised she even got the rims at all
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post

Good morning.
That's not a client. If you like you may speak to the real client and she will telk you her experience with us. That's just what happens when loser calls your business 20 times and tells you 2300 taxes in with install and mounting for a staggered fit and tires concaved and deep dish 2013 tsw line of rims. When the actual client shopped around and knew we were the best deal for her and her spending limit was 3k tops . and she likes our service. We are human. When someone calls non stop and threatens us with bs. We tell anyone like that to fuck off. Just like any business. He's not treated like a client at that point. Cuz he was an asshole. Only a asshole will go out of his way to blog like that.
Here's a challenge if you can find the rims we advertise for less. Even if its from USA just add shipping and 11% taxes and 50 broker fee. You still won't find a better deal.

We sell 78 sets a month a average. There's a reason. Great service great prices and fast install or shipping Canada wide.

Thanks again

Its just the facts.

this thread is kind of like how some people post videos of other drivers brake-checking them, but no footage just before.

You were a dick OP, so you got a dick back.
Your great at insulting!!!!
I am quite happy with this,money was not the problem here,since they are not mine,i have questions about fitment ans specs,and that's it.The conversation got off when i said 2300 with triangle rims doesn't sound right and was curious to take a look at the work order/ invoice....if there is nothing to hide and the company is fully legit why act like that,even to a person who didn't buy anything from.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #36
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
soo if your friend went into mcdonalds and bought a meal for $10, instead of asking her for her receipt and details etc. you (not your friend) would call mcdonalds and demand that they show/tell you how they do their accounting...

do you think mcdonalds would speak with you? or simply ask you to tell the person they sold the items to to come into the store with their receipt and discuss it with a manager (basically telling you to fuck off and asking for the relevant person to contact them)

Im surprised the shop even spoke with you several times before going ape shit

yes they handled it wrong (from what can be gleaned anyway) but so did everyone else involved imo; White Knighting gone wrong
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #37
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Your great at insulting!!!!
I am quite happy with this,money was not the problem here,since they are not mine,i have questions about fitment ans specs,and that's it.The conversation got off when i said 2300 with triangle rims doesn't sound right and was curious to take a look at the work order/ invoice....if there is nothing to hide and the company is fully legit why act like that,even to a person who didn't buy anything from.

A respectable company doesn't give out customer information to strangers who "know the customer".
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #38
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
update
She went to pick uo the rims and she got bitched out because i called instead of her.so even you do buy stuff from the company and are the customer you still get "SHAT" and BITCHED at.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #39
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
A respectable company doesn't give out customer information to strangers who "know the customer".
good point.
+1
Old 03-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
soo if your friend went into mcdonalds and bought a meal for $10, instead of asking her for her receipt and details etc. you (not your friend) would call mcdonalds and demand that they show/tell you how they do their accounting...

do you think mcdonalds would speak with you? or simply ask you to tell the person they sold the items to to come into the store with their receipt and discuss it with a manager (basically telling you to fuck off and asking for the relevant person to contact them)

Im surprised the shop even spoke with you several times before going ape shit

yes they handled it wrong (from what can be gleaned anyway) but so did everyone else involved imo; White Knighting gone wrong
LOL,are you serious?2300$ and 10$ is quite a difference,and if McDonalds fuck up, they fix the mistake,this company just tells you to fuck off and come to Stanley park to have a scrap because he got upset when someone asks about the invoice information/quote.I am quite sure many people on here called for their friend who don't know their shit . Accounting? Since when the size and offset become a personal information to the point when the business screams at you?Alright sure ill agree,but even still the typical answer would be "sir the deposit has been made for this exact set of rims and tires,the order cannot be reversed,i could email/provide hard copy of the invoice to your "friend" and you can take a look at it, if you are telling the truth and you do know them,but as i mentioned again this information is confidential and we cannot give it out without their approval",why couldn't they answer like that?I made a comment about Triangle being shitty,of course i did BECAUSE they are.I made a comment about the diameter of the rim and tire being 1inch bigger on the rear yes i did because its not right,what did he reply?its staggered it meant to be that way,prove me wrong but speedo and ESP doesn't like it that much when you got different radius on front and rear.Ordering a 255/35/18 would fix the problem instead of putting on 255/40/18.So why would you defend a company that treat people that way,customer or no customer.
I am sorry for comparing company's.But,would you deal for example with GARAGE 5 if you called 5-6 times in the row and asked them for a quote/comparison on parts.For example a set of BBK that your friend ordered but he/she might of made a mistake,your questions would be what kind of rotors they are,what kind of pads,why did they recommend a 12 piston rotor on a Honda Fit when the car is never going to see the truck and thats pure overkill and etc,so when you are trying to ask that they would tell you to FUCK OFF,PROBABLY NOT.(Garage 5 you guys are great and thats why i want to compare you,your company is very helpful,polite,honest and you deal with complications in a professional manner )
I sometimes call the same company 10 times in an hours to get a quote for a part and at the end not order anything because i sourced out a cheaper place,but somehow the company doesn't tell me TO FUCK OFF AND INSULT ME because i don't buy something from them that day.

When you tell a company that you will write a review about their service and they tell you "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK' what does that tell you?

I deal daily with 30+ customers when it comes to making work orders,invoices and dealing with happy or unhappy customers,so i know what to expect when i call a company with questions, but the way "JOHN" dealt with this situation is unprofessional and rude.

I could copy and paste the messages my friend received from different numbers after i had a conversation with neezmowheels.com and voice mails he got (the phone call was made from my friends phone)
But you guys would probably find a way to defend the company and tell me i have no right to ask about what quality of tires my friend would be driving on and why their speedo is inaccurate.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
good point.
+1
A respectful company state their address on their website and tell you the address over the phone who ever it might be calling with questions instead of telling you to FUCK OFF

P,S How about the company bitching out a customer that actually bought a product and telling them/pushing to write a review that this never happened.

Last edited by BlueSedanRUS; 03-29-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #42
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
So much bad grammar in this thread, I rage quit.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #43
The Brown Reason

Hey so uhh .... have you hit that yet or what?
I really hope all this white-knighting doesn't go to waste.

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #44
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
LOL,are you serious?2300$ and 10$ is quite a difference,and if McDonalds fuck up, they fix the mistake,this company just tells you to fuck off and come to Stanley park to have a scrap because he got upset when someone asks about the invoice information/quote.I am quite sure many people on here called for their friend who don't know their shit . Accounting? Since when the size and offset become a personal information to the point when the business screams at you?Alright sure ill agree,but even still the typical answer would be "sir the deposit has been made for this exact set of rims and tires,the order cannot be reversed,i could email/provide hard copy of the invoice to your "friend" and you can take a look at it, if you are telling the truth and you do know them,but as i mentioned again this information is confidential and we cannot give it out without their approval",why couldn't they answer like that?I made a comment about Triangle being shitty,of course i did BECAUSE they are.I made a comment about the diameter of the rim and tire being 1inch bigger on the rear yes i did because its not right,what did he reply?its staggered it meant to be that way,prove me wrong but speedo and ESP doesn't like it that much when you got different radius on front and rear.Ordering a 255/35/18 would fix the problem instead of putting on 255/40/18.So why would you defend a company that treat people that way,customer or no customer.
I am sorry for comparing company's.But,would you deal for example with GARAGE 5 if you called 5-6 times in the row and asked them for a quote/comparison on parts.For example a set of BBK that your friend ordered but he/she might of made a mistake,your questions would be what kind of rotors they are,what kind of pads,why did they recommend a 12 piston rotor on a Honda Fit when the car is never going to see the truck and thats pure overkill and etc,so when you are trying to ask that they would tell you to FUCK OFF,PROBABLY NOT.(Garage 5 you guys are great and thats why i want to compare you,your company is very helpful,polite,honest and you deal with complications in a professional manner )
I sometimes call the same company 10 times in an hours to get a quote for a part and at the end not order anything because i sourced out a cheaper place,but somehow the company doesn't tell me TO FUCK OFF AND INSULT ME because i don't buy something from them that day.

When you tell a company that you will write a review about their service and they tell you "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK' what does that tell you?

I deal daily with 30+ customers when it comes to making work orders,invoices and dealing with happy or unhappy customers,so i know what to expect when i call a company with questions, but the way "JOHN" dealt with this situation is unprofessional and rude.

I could copy and paste the messages my friend received from different numbers after i had a conversation with neezmowheels.com and voice mails he got (the phone call was made from my friends phone)
But you guys would probably find a way to defend the company and tell me i have no right to ask about what quality of tires my friend would be driving on and why their speedo is inaccurate.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #45

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Op deff trying to tap dat and now is getting all Alpha Male on a wheel shop.

Did you pound your chest at them, op?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #46

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
I am quite happy with this,money was not the problem here,since they are not mine....conversation got off when i said 2300 with triangle rims doesn't sound right ...
Quote:
LOL,are you serious?2300$ and 10$ is quite a difference
Sooooo....the money wasn't an issue or it was? You keep saying "it's not my money so it's not my problem..." then why did you get involved? You're basically saying that you knew your friend was getting ripped off but you didn't care but still wanted to call the company and talk to them about it.

LOL I would get so much joy out of dealing with a person like you. That store probably put you in your place so nicely. I can hear you incoherently repeating the same question like a little 16 year old kid in the call recording. You were probably shitting your pants while getting the most excitement you ever had in your life.

All that work and still you're just her friend....
Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #47
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
LOL,are you serious?2300$ and 10$ is quite a difference,and if McDonalds fuck up, they fix the mistake,this company just tells you to fuck off and come to Stanley park to have a scrap because he got upset when someone asks about the invoice information/quote.
sorry way too much to read

$2,300, my point exactly... even McDonalds a major worldwide corporation wouldn't speak with an unknown 3rd party over $10 do you think a company would speak to an unknown 3rd party when its regarding $2,300?!
Sure McDonalds would fix the problem but between them and the customer as I hope this company would too

As for wanting to fight etc like i said all sides went at this the wrong way
Old 03-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #48

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Hey op, did you ever consider making a thread of RS to get some thanks out of this?
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
The Brown Reason

Someone said OP's grammar was horrible .. a new contender emerges

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #50
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
WTF, LOL.

I'm so wary of online rim dealers, they're beyond shady as fuck. I learned my lesson a few years back with rimstop.com. Ordered 2 different set of wheels, one for me and the other for a friend. My rims were $1500, my friends were almost $4000. Well my rims were shipped out, half ass packaging job tho but my friends rims were never shipped. When I finally called to see what was up the guy on the other end tells me to f myself, claimed he shipped the rims and gave me a bogus tracking #, told me he would tell the credit card company that I was the scammer and if I had a problem to come down to Houston, he also told me he had my address and had "connections" in Vancouver.

Finally got my money back after a charge back, submitted a detailed report to the Houston DA's office, a few months after the report I got a call from the DA telling me they were going to prosecute the owners and wanted me to sign a form so my letter and case would be evidence.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread