REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   question (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682047-question.html)

GG 03-23-2013 02:52 AM

question

So a friend got busted by the cops tonight, after hwy 1 connecting to surrey while slowly decelerating...

that area speed limit is 60km i think since there is no signs, anyhow the cop pulled him over and said he was doing 100, 120, 130 (exactly wat the cop said after reviewing the dash cam)
And he was definitely not going that fast, he has the dash cam speed 78-80km.

Now the cops threaten to tow his car away giving him a heavy fine ya da ya da

He has a radar detector and it never went off, so cops dont have the proof
At the end he wrote a ticket of $190 dollar fine, and he threatens if he disputes he is going to find every single evidence to take away his license (he is a class 5). He claims he get paid double when he attends the court, so he is gonna make sure he comes if he disputes

first of all the cop is obviously trying to scare him and bs his way thru, he was waiting at the intersection while he drove past him. THe question is can he dispute? or no chance of him winning since the cop is going to try to screw him over

zulutango 03-23-2013 05:23 AM

Heresay information from a friend who wants to get off a speeding ticket he deserves is hardly unbiased. Even he tells you he was speeding. You were not there, did not see what happened, did not know how or where your friend was speeding or how the speed readings were obtained (maybe Laser or by being paced?). Playing his dashcam showing him speeding (don't know how he did that?) in court is as smart an idea as choosing to speed in the first place. Your friend hasn't learned his lesson yet. Maybe he will actually learn from this event, although so far we don't see signs of that.

Triballurker 03-24-2013 05:56 AM

Your friend admitted he was speeding. He got one of the lower fines for speeding. Why dispute.
He got caught, it happens.....just man up and pay the fine and stop wasting the cops time.

Very seldomly do I side with the cops but your friend is "the problem" when it comes to disputing tickets.

dared3vil0 03-24-2013 09:05 AM

Oh his radar detector didn't go off? Yup, He's innocent for sure!!!

/sarcasm

Spidey 03-24-2013 07:31 PM

there must have been a reason why the cop made the above statements your buddy "alleged". I am sure your buddy threw a few statements towards the cop. I would be interested to know how the WHOLE conversation went down.

inv4zn 03-24-2013 09:05 PM

I can't really give you useful advice, but I sincerely hope that if your buddy does dispute it, the police officer keeps every promise he made.

Graeme S 03-24-2013 10:22 PM

So...your buddy got a ticket which his dashcam actually proves. So then he gets pissed at the attitude of the cop because he was breaking the law, and thinks about disputing the ticket he knows is valid because he's pissed that the cop threatened to hit him with more (debatably valid) charges.

...yep, your buddy's sure on solid ground :badpokerface:

zulutango 03-25-2013 04:38 AM

He needs a major seismic upgrade...but he's not a LMD school....so he's out of luck. :failed:

melloman 03-25-2013 08:04 AM

Realistically your buddy got the fine for what he deserved..

$196 ticket for "Speeding" which is 1-39km over the limit. Pay it in the first week or two (IIRC) and you get afew bucks off. And you don't have to hassle with the cop if you do end up disputing it.

Spoiler!

sebberry 03-25-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tequilabomb (Post 8192483)
And he was definitely not going that fast, he has the dash cam speed 78-80km.

Post the dashcam video?

XplicitLuder 03-25-2013 06:55 PM

no point duspiting as he already got the lowest possible speeding ticket..which he deserves. whats he gonna dispute? the attitude of the officer? lol

Spidey 03-25-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8194762)
no point duspiting as he already got the lowest possible speeding ticket..which he deserves. whats he gonna dispute? the attitude of the officer? lol

lowest possible speeding fine is 138

XplicitLuder 03-26-2013 08:48 PM

i stand corrected, i was going off what mello said which from my view i saw it as the lowest being its 1-39km over :badpokerface: