REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Why people Love Online Shopping ! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682110-why-people-love-online-shopping.html)

Amby 03-24-2013 09:45 PM

Why people Love Online Shopping !

HI Mates ! I am going to start my first thread here. I observe that a lot of people love and prefer online shopping due to followings reasons.
Crowds.
Variety.
Convenience.
Better Prices.
Send Gifts.
Fewer Expenses.
Comparison of Prices.
Compulsive Shopping.
I am also interested to know that why you are prefer online shopping?

miss_crayon 03-25-2013 10:45 AM

For me it's price and sometimes convenience.

Price:
A lot of boutiques in Gastown/Downtown carry brands that aren't sold in chain stores (aritzia etc) and although it's great to support local businesses..a lot of the times they mark up the price of goods VS if you were to buy them online. I have found a lot of pieces I've wanted through Revolve at a fraction of the cost and free shipping. Granted you will have to wait a week or so but it's not that bad

Convenience:
I buy 99% of my work clothes from Banana Republic and with their constant sales it's hard to go into a store each time so I just buy it online. Free shipping and I can exchange or return hassle free.

knight604 03-25-2013 10:47 AM

For me , so people dont buy the same shit.

unit 03-25-2013 02:23 PM

im just not sure if your posts here are serious...

fs604 03-25-2013 02:40 PM

i dont love online shopping, im forced to do it because most of the stuff i want to buy can't be found here. shipping and duties make it cost as much as it would in stores tbh.

Drow 03-25-2013 02:49 PM

i hate it, chit never fits

PJ 03-25-2013 03:05 PM

It's usually cheaper and more readily available online.
Especially when websites have sales, then it gets even cheaper.
I once scored a pair of Vans for $10, free shipping to Pt. Roberts.
Depending on brands and what I'm buying, I usually have a pretty good idea of my size.
In the off chance that it doesn't fit... I save it and give it away as a gift :lawl:

gomogo 03-25-2013 03:15 PM

SO many reasons.

Price
you can check out everyones website before you buy to make sure you are getting the best price

Research
You can research the heck out of an item, look at reviews, and once you've decided, you're golden!

Self Gifting
Who doesn't like getting presents in the mail! It could be Christmas all the time!

Convenience
Never have to even leave the couch for weeks on end......not really a pro iguess
:Popcorn

ANYWAYS after all that, there's some things I would never buy online, clothing is one of them. Too personal, need to feel good in something before I buy

U know??

Sniperslayer 03-25-2013 03:38 PM

more variety, easier to sit on a computer than roam a mall

but #1 for my by far is price

I actually go to retail stores now such as sunglass hut etc and ask if they will pricematch online prices, when they say "this is already the best price" I ask them what exactly is the incentive to buy in-store anymore when online i can get the same product for 20-50% cheaper? usually their answer is somthing along the lines of "online isnt reliable"

yea..

6793026 03-26-2013 10:55 AM

Price.
i'm a bitch like that. if it's something i know well, a brand name i know my size, then if i know it's on ebay for 1/2 the price, why not. i much rather do that than go down to an outlet which may or may not have my size.

the ONLY catch is size also. I'll try to buy one, happy with the fit and size and then go buy it again since i know the same size. Seriously, a Mexx shirt casual is like 67 bucks, Zara on a good day is 87 and i'm not talking about on sale. on ebay, something totally unique, something i love, 55 tax in shipping in, drive down to US to pick up, so sure 60 but damn... that's a huge difference when i buy a lot.

red wing shoes, here, 289+ tax, 249.00 tax in, pick up delivery 2 bucks mail box, no duties (fully declared)....

Harvey Specter 03-26-2013 03:14 PM

Price and selection.

Mr.HappySilp 03-26-2013 03:29 PM

Cheap pricing and also more selections.

I usually buys stuff I know that can fit a bit lose or tight and still be fine IE, T-shirt, jeans, cheap long seleves, pants, socks.....

I still buy certain items local such as shoes since every brand fits a bit different and you really want to make sure the shoes fits and very confortable.

Minto 03-26-2013 06:17 PM

Impulse + selection (if you can't get it locally) for me.

Special K 03-26-2013 06:50 PM

I get almost everything online because it's way cheaper in the States.
Posted via RS Mobile

tiger_handheld 03-26-2013 09:17 PM

im cheap and online is usually cheaper after considering everything.

BBMme 03-31-2013 06:46 PM

Price for me, but I only buy belts because I know it will fit. I'm too afraid to buy clothes.
Posted via RS Mobile