REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #26
I don't get it

That guy totally pulled a scam off. Hes walking away laughing.

He doesn't give 2 shits about the engines. He'll just go for the next one on ebay. He's just praying the next seller doesn't show up infront of his door like the previous stubborn bastard.

It's so easy to scam when you're a buyer, since paypal doesnt give a fuck about sellers. "Customers are always right" I suppose.

I could do the same thing, even if cops show up at my door like the guy in video. They can't do shit because you can just say," shipping it back is too expensive & item not as described." What chu gonna do about it? It's just a matter if you wanna be a faggot or not. really.
Advertisement
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wow, scary stuff. I use PayPal quite a bit and never thought about these type of situation....
Posted via RS Mobile
BBMme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #28
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
I've been screwed by Paypal a few times - I would welcome a better alternative with better protection. I'm glad this guy humiliated the scammer.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
The blame doesn't lay entirely with Paypal. When a credit card company does a charge back, the money is back with the buyer. Paypal doesn't have it anymore, so they can't give it to you.

It's the credit card companies that screw over merchants (and buyers in different ways). Basically, they fuck everyone
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #30
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I'm glad I got out of Ebay and PayPal before it went to shit. I've sold a few high ticket items over Ebay before but the last one was at least 11 years ago now. Now I only use it for small, cheap Chinese-made crap that I don't particularly care if I get or not. Otherwise, it's face-to-face sales only.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I'm glad I got out of Ebay and PayPal before it went to shit. I've sold a few high ticket items over Ebay before but the last one was at least 11 years ago now. Now I only use it for small, cheap Chinese-made crap that I don't particularly care if I get or not. Otherwise, it's face-to-face sales only.
I hear you there - you used to be able to get good deals on decent items - now its all cheap Chinese junk that only works half the time.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #32
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Don't credit card companies pick up on retards that file charge backs constantly?
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #33
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Yep! I stop selling things on ebay...got screwed by Paypal a few times
Zheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #34
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Sold many things on eBay five years ago.

Never got scammed. Win!
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #35

Someone attempted to scam me last week, at least I think they did. A guy in Sri Lanka.. Registration says delivered, but he claims it was never delivered. Showed me a tiny screenshot of some tracking sheet from his post office, then submitted a claim to Ebay.

Ebay ruled in my favour, because tracking said delivered.

I don't know if he was scamming, or if one of the postal workers read the customs sheet that said CPU and stole it for himself. I would believe either one.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #36
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
been scammed and almost scammed a few times in the past even though im just selling my junk its a pita -_-

tracking and buyers requirements and not selling to some countries seems to have helped i've also cancelled auctions that have been won by people because they seemed fishy and everything seems to have worked out fine that way

Ebay has started a new system too where they act as a shipping agent (you mail them the package and they ship it to the buyers) Im not sure if that adds any buyer protection but it seems like it may
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Props to the guy getting some self-justice. Anyone who's sold anything on eBay (myself included) has been scammed at one point or another and wanted to go vigilante on dat azz.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Someone attempted to scam me last week, at least I think they did. A guy in Sri Lanka.. Registration says delivered, but he claims it was never delivered. Showed me a tiny screenshot of some tracking sheet from his post office, then submitted a claim to Ebay.

Ebay ruled in my favour, because tracking said delivered.

I don't know if he was scamming, or if one of the postal workers read the customs sheet that said CPU and stole it for himself. I would believe either one.
Updat: the guy left negative feedback I reported him for it, and also noticed that he left the same feedback for someone else a while ago. So it really was a poorly attempted scam.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #39
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
They dont protect buyers either.

I got scammed. Paid for a condo at MGM Tower in Vegas; fly there, reso info is no good so I pay out of pocket. Place even knew of the scammer and had police involved from previous scams.

Relay all of this info to PayPal, provide them with receipt showing same dates and place I paid the douche bag for and they still side with him. No explanation why either. I send a shit-o-gram objecting to their decision and they don't even respond.

Fuck PayPal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote