REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   massage therapy post car accident (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682609-massage-therapy-post-car-accident.html)

yameen 04-05-2013 07:01 PM

massage therapy post car accident

does anyone have recommendations for a good massage therapist for accidents and injuries? doesn't have to be car related but also usual injuries from sprains and such as well. is there a particular chinese speaking male/female masseuse for my parents who can't speak english who are also good at what they do?

any recommendations would be appreciated! major car accident =/

thanks everyone!

firebird79_00 04-05-2013 09:14 PM

Would recommend physio over message therapy. That's what I'm doing right now.
Posted via RS Mobile

TjAlmeida 04-05-2013 09:46 PM

From personal experience, physio is great for strengthening the weak points in your body after an injury. But physio I do not think will help them straighten out their body. A good massage therapist will be able to feel throughout the body and find the areas that are tight, and out of line from previous accidents and then help with massage and or pressure to straighten and relax everything.

I know a good acupressure guy. Older fashion Chinese male, but does not give out receipts. If you do not need a receipt I highly recommend him.

First apt. he will go over the person front and back, top to bottom and find the areas that need work. Then go over the areas that need work and let you decide if you would like to continue with the massage.

PM me for more info on rates and his number.

Painful as a mofo though when he does it!

ncrx 04-06-2013 08:37 AM

i was in a pretty serious accident when i was a teenager, tried physio, accupuncture, chiro, and massage.

while physio helped me regain motion, the initial trauma to my muscles was not lessened until i attended massage therapy.

note i was in treatment for 2yrs and i still go to an RMT about 6-10 times a year for maintenance, it does work

use both in combination with each other, they're complimentary in my opinion.

try Carolina Noguni RMT Registered Massage Therapist doesn't speak chinese tho

dohboi 04-07-2013 07:08 PM

I was in a double T-bone about 8 years back, was in a ton of pain, did the physio, did massage. Massage never worked, went to over a dozen of different ones yet it felt all the same, like a basic massage, never relieved any pain.

Finally decided to look up an old massage therapist I used to go to as a kid, and I knew they were good.

She ended up fixing me up within a few months. And I was in extreme pain, couldn't sleep, couldn't work (sit at a desk)
She was the one and only out of easily a dozen of massage therapist i tried looking through the phonebook, that actually fixed me.

Language barrier isn't really an issue, this lady is good, she can tell you where you need fixing, sometimes even where you dont know it. Results are immediate.

Now I go 3 times a year just for maintenance, corrects my posture from sitting at a desk and croutching over a keyboard all day long.

She's not cheap, about $100 an hour, RMT. Try this # 604-327-8852