REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #251
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
The difference is the whole town is now talking about it. And it brings up Liberal vs NDP, I think that's what the ad wants to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
LOL thats fucking so pathetic. Its like when you are 7 years old and get your hockey photos and there is a 7x10 that is a fake hockey magazine cover with you posing and a bunch of headlines about you scoring like 65 goals in a season.
Advertisement
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #252
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
Are you trying to imply that people didn't talk about my 65 goal season?
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #253
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Are you trying to imply that people didn't talk about my 65 goal season?
Gridlock and I were just talking about your 65 goal season. We are toasting tonight to you. Way to go buddy.

Spoiler!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #254
VLS Head Mod

They're still hiring if people are looking to work for elections bc on voting day
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #255
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
They're still hiring if people are looking to work for elections bc on voting day
Posted via RS Mobile
yep, got hired today..
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #256
VLS Head Mod

I got hired yesterday and the girl said they were looking if I knew anyone. Damn that's gonna be a long day without a smoke lol
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #257
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Can I do advanced voting now? I am going on vacation this coming Sunday and I'd like to get my vote in.
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #258

Find your district and find the Advanced Polling Station from the PDF here: http://www.elections.bc.ca/docs/List...0for%20web.pdf
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #259
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Can I do advanced voting now? I am going on vacation this coming Sunday and I'd like to get my vote in.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advanced is open May 8-11, 8am to 8pm.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #260

or now if you go to the your local Office of the District Electoral Officer.

Who Can Vote | Elections BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Advanced is open May 8-11, 8am to 8pm.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #261
I don't get it

New Angus Reid poll (May 1-2): NDP 41 (-4) LIB 34 (+3) GRN 12 (+2) CON 10 (-1) OTH 3 (Unch). Approval: Clark 34/57, Dix 41/47, Sterk 38/29, Cummins 18/55

The debate definitely gave Clark a bump, but not enough. It looks like soft voters will stand their ground with the Grits, no 2001 style blowout here.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #262
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Fuck. This election has me torn. I usually do my best to vote every time but there's something about the election this time that I don't even want to be a part of. I'm typically a Liberal voter but the current administration pisses the shit out of me. It's not even the whole HST thing, which I was actually fine with. Combined with the smear campaign, Clark's inability to stage a proper debate (or, at least, answer clearly) annoys me. I want a leader who's willing to give a clear response and even if it's unpopular, they're able to stand by it. I'll respect a leader who's able to stand by their convictions even in the face of their demise. Someone who flip flops, though... not so much. Clark is simply there to look pretty, pose for photo ops, and be friendly with the people.

As for Dix and the NDP... well, as the saying goes, "Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss." At least they're honest about running a deficit for the next couple years.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #263

I think any votes will be give an NDP majority.. the question is how strong Liberal will be as an opposition.. no matter what, Clark will likely be out of the door by the end of the night. I hope for a minority gov..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Fuck. This election has me torn. I usually do my best to vote every time but there's something about the election this time that I don't even want to be a part of. I'm typically a Liberal voter but the current administration pisses the shit out of me. It's not even the whole HST thing, which I was actually fine with. Combined with the smear campaign, Clark's inability to stage a proper debate (or, at least, answer clearly) annoys me. I want a leader who's willing to give a clear response and even if it's unpopular, they're able to stand by it. I'll respect a leader who's able to stand by their convictions even in the face of their demise. Someone who flip flops, though... not so much. Clark is simply there to look pretty, pose for photo ops, and be friendly with the people.

As for Dix and the NDP... well, as the saying goes, "Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss." At least they're honest about running a deficit for the next couple years.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #264
I don't get it

Okay, someone ELI5: Why are so many people convinced that Dix will fuck up, extrapolating on shit that happened over a decade ago?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #265
My homepage has been set to RS

The fact is Lomac, politicians will never give a straight answer during an election. Everything is going to be ambiguous, mostly ideas - with no concrete answers on how to achieve this.

Heard on the radio, John wanted to eliminate the toll and carbon taxes. Yeah......sure buddy, then how are you going to fund translink?

Getting fed all this bullshit is nauseating. Let's face the facts here, we can vote and all, but the real players are the large corporations
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #266
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
Okay, someone ELI5: Why are so many people convinced that Dix will fuck up, extrapolating on shit that happened over a decade ago?
I can only give my thoughts on it...and let me start by saying, I don't like the NDP, so it is going to have a slant.

In my opinion, here's why:

1. He was Clark's chief of staff. So, he not only was a part of a failed administration, formed a large part of it. So therefore, 'some' of the ideas and policies that were enacted at that time came from, or were affected by him.

2. He stayed quiet and kept a low profile between becoming leader of the party and the beginning of the campaign...and the first thing he does is let loose a tax and spend platform.

3. The NDP have been saying they have learned, and rebuilt since their decimation in the 2001 election. Then, they vote in a leader from that era.

4. I'm all the way on #4 before I even mention the memo.

I haven't seen anything "new" and "revolutionary" in what they have done leading up to and during the campaign so far. If you learned and rebuilt so much in the years since 2001...let's see it. Make the rich pay more, make business pay more and throw that money at kittens(easy to look good projects-what are you going to say, no more money for the mentally ill and old people?) Sounds like the same old NDP.

Not only nothing new, but now basically saying no to other people's new ideas. Instant no to pipelines. Now, I don't know what the answer is to the pipelines. Am I crazy about them? Not really. But so far, we don't even know what the 'deal' is. They are going to get built. If they don't go here, then they go south. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe its not...we don't know.

And finally, they like to fuck around with business. They've already started with raw log exports.

What makes anyone think that a small group of people are so much smarter than the rest of us? The fact that they got elected? George Bush got elected to the highest office. They are titans of their individual industries? Not really. Read some bios.

But lo and behold! The NDP comes into town and suddenly make it better. We need some ferries. Let's revive a shipbuilding industry that doesn't know how to make a boat out of aluminum and have them make a fancy new boat out of aluminum. Oh! Experts in the field offer their advice and the NDP are so fucking smart, they say thanks, but no.

We are going to create jobs through exporting lumber, NOT only raw logs. Great idea. Guess what? We don't actually have the mills, the demand, or the entrepreneurs to create an industry to export more lumber than logs.

So whats going to happen?

I guarantee you, they'll go after it anyway. It's hubris. It's expensive. It's NDP.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #267
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
The fear that the NDP will be this supposedly evil/wasteful NDP of old (don't find it to be true especially in comparison to the Liberals afterward)

Shouldn't cause people to not vote for the NDP especially when you compare to all the scandals and criminals that have emerged from the Liberal party of which Christy has been tied into but escaped blame oddly (BCRail involving her husband, brother, and boss)

We should be more afraid of the Liberals as its certain they'll continue their dirty practices because they haven't stopped since they came into power and have consistently come up with new questionable members and scandals

Basi, Dhaliwal, erasing freedom of information emails, bc rail, tax dollars for minority vote, lack of personal responsibility, decimation of social services spending (legal aid, pharmaceuticals TI) etc etc etc

the earlier scandals didn't disappear with Campbell since Christy was tied into those scandals and there have been new ones since there's no reason to believe they'll stop since its basically a mandate if you vote them in again
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #268
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Delete

Edit: I didn't read Grid's post above before posting, he said the same thing but worded it better.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #269
I don't get it

I thought you guys might find this article interesting:

Vancouver, Canada, sees sharp drop-off in movie, TV production - latimes.com
Old 05-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #270
TVD
I am Hook'd on RS

I'm happy to say that I just exercised my right to vote and hope everyone else here does to
TVD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #271
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
New Angus Reid poll (May 1-2): NDP 41 (-4) LIB 34 (+3) GRN 12 (+2) CON 10 (-1) OTH 3 (Unch). Approval: Clark 34/57, Dix 41/47, Sterk 38/29, Cummins 18/55

The debate definitely gave Clark a bump, but not enough. It looks like soft voters will stand their ground with the Grits, no 2001 style blowout here.
I'm a right-of-centre leaning person -- due to my belief in fiscal responsibility (not policies on religion, drugs, social freedoms etc). I'm not a fan at all of how Christy has been leading the party, however i will definitely not vote left. 'the same old liberals' are still better than 'the same old ndp' -- especially with Dix at the helm.

That is why I, as a 'soft voter' will stick with the liberals.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #272
Banned By Establishment

The 801 Club

Great name...but if the election goes the way its looking to, they won't have to do much to get rid of her...she'll be on the radio Thursday morning.

EXCLUSIVE: Movement underway within BC Liberals to oust Christy Clark | Globalnews.ca

Shit man...should have been the 759 Club to get rid of the anchor(pun intended) BEFORE the damned election even started.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #273
I don't get it

Maybe that name change or merger with the BC Conservatives would have been a good idea...okay maybe not.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #274
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
So apparently Bill Bennett decided in his riding to use the now-unused fences of closed schools to advertise.

Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #275
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
So apparently Bill Bennett decided in his riding to use the now-unused fences of closed schools to advertise.

From being the brainchild of the Expo Line to closing schools...what a change for Bill Bennett.

...wait, there's another Bill Bennett?