REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
nope, go in ASAP meaning today (started accepting apps just today), they are taking in General Applications now for Advanced Polling and Regular Polling. Easy money to make! you'll clear about 1300 if you are selected for all sections!
what do you mean by go in asap?

i see that u can apply online (elections.ca) , is there a place you can go in person?

heh sorry if this is a stupid question
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post

i see that u can apply online (elections.ca) , is there a place you can go in person?

You need to phone the Elections BC 1-800 number on their website. They will tell you where your local office is. Go there and apply in person. Apparently, you can apply online but their system is down.

Gridlock went to our local Elections BC office today and was hired on the spot.

http://www.elections.bc.ca/index.php...eral-election/
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'll vote liberals, not so much a liberal vote but as a vote that is anything but NDP. The writing is on the wall, Liberals are gone NDP will be in power nothing can done about that. More useless middle management jobs in Govt. sectors will be created, unions will be looked after, private business both small and large will be discouraged and so on and so on.

Don't get me wrong, Liberals aren't all that and a bag of chips they've done a piss poor job especially lately. I just look at it as the worse of two evils type of scenario. Every party has there friends and there backers and they take care of them at the cost of the tax payer I guess it just depends on where you fall as far as who's going to serve you best.

Whoever you vote for get out and vote, even if you feel your vote isn't useful it's the right thing to do to cast it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
How do you see 1300? On Elections BC, all the 1 day positions are about 250?
They will let you do a all those positions at the same time ? Ever got that opportunity before ?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #30
I subscribe to Revscene

Who counts the votes at the end?
and how come no party is trying to nationalize Canadian oil?
Are we stupid citizens of some third world country? Or have most people realized real change will never happen and just hope for lower level pay grade differences that would most benefit them?

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-08-2013 at 04:33 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Whoever you vote for get out and vote, even if you feel your vote isn't useful it's the right thing to do to cast it.
AMEN!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #32
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post

It happens every election where the online applicants are only used to create a backup roster. They make up some BS that the online application system is down every time, lol. But that's basically what they are used for.

Just look online for your local electoral office (as you can only work for your own area, unless backup), walk in, fill out an application and they will give you a date for training right away usually, or they will tell you, you are backup. The times that I have been back up I usually got a place to go right away though. You are still put through training.

For the choice between Voting Officer and Voting Clerk... Voting Clerk does more work, however Voting Officer has more responsibility. I was always the Voting Officer, I usually just sit there and pre fold all the ballots, the hardest part is the end, where you have scrutineers looking over your shoulders and you have to count the ballots and make sure nobody else touches them. You're body is usually sore, you have a headache, and are hungry by then and just want to go home. lol.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #33
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Who counts the votes at the end?
Voting Officers at each polling stations are the only ones allowed to touch the ballots, they are hand counted with scrutineers and witnesses overlooking.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #34
I subscribe to Revscene

So they dont do a total count in one sitting? Who overseas national total counts?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #35
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
So they dont do a total count in one sitting? Who overseas the national total count?
No, what happens is once the voting officer in each station counts the votes, it is told to the Voting Supervisor, the Voting Supervisor calls in the winner for the voting area (district). Voting officers are the only ones who have access to the ballots unless a re-count is necessary.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

Do these officers communicate among themselves from the different locations? Are the statistics for each location revealed to the public?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #37
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Do these officers communicate among themselves from the different locations? Are the statistics for each location revealed to the public?
No. Yes.

-edit-
I'm also thoroughly impressed that it's only now that you become interested in the actual election methodology. There've been elections going on long before, and given your natural distrust of Government, it's surprising you haven't questioned elections before.

Last edited by Graeme S; 04-08-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: edited for more
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #38
I subscribe to Revscene

Im curious as to how fraud can happen and ifs its obviously simple to see.

Even if a country like Iran, the current president of NAM (120 countries), were to monitor Canada's voting results... there still is no party available that is nationalistic to the Canadian people. Big corporations are raping this land putting people in menial wages.... I bet most people on the street would agree.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-08-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added menial wages
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #39
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
It happens every election where the online applicants are only used to create a backup roster. They make up some BS that the online application system is down every time, lol. But that's basically what they are used for.

Just look online for your local electoral office (as you can only work for your own area, unless backup), walk in, fill out an application and they will give you a date for training right away usually, or they will tell you, you are backup. The times that I have been back up I usually got a place to go right away though. You are still put through training.

For the choice between Voting Officer and Voting Clerk... Voting Clerk does more work, however Voting Officer has more responsibility. I was always the Voting Officer, I usually just sit there and pre fold all the ballots, the hardest part is the end, where you have scrutineers looking over your shoulders and you have to count the ballots and make sure nobody else touches them. You're body is usually sore, you have a headache, and are hungry by then and just want to go home. lol.
Quick question. I received a call today to go in for an interview at the burnaby location in the next few days. However, when I looked up the address that the lady gave me on the phone, it was an apartment in construction. Do you know the address of the Burnaby office by any chance?

Thanks
Original Fake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #40
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

best thing to do would be to call in to the elections office. The offices are temporary locations only used for a few months, maybe take a stroll by there just to see if theres something there. maybe they are using the conference room as an office?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #41
Banned By Establishment

^ don't be afraid if it looks sketchy...they are all temp offices. Usually empty rooms with a couple tables or chairs. They barely function as "offices".
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #42
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
During the counting, the voting officers/clerks/scrutineers from parties are privy to the ballot vote however cannot physically touch the ballots. AND there are stats from each location that are revealed to the public if necessary. Add: just realized i forgot to answer one of your questions regarding communication between voting officers between different voting areas, any sort of communication device, cell phone, pagers, iPods with wifi technology, tablets, are not allowed in the voting area building what so ever, only one cell phone is present for emergency and reporting use by the voting supervisor. This means anyone voting, all employees, and scrutineers are not allowed any communications devices.

If you are so interested in how it works, why not try working for it for a day, you will see how seamless and how fraud free the canadian election system is.

I hate it when people say that the voting system is fraudulent, try doing more research, educating yourself in how it works, the best way to do this is by actually working for an election. Then you can see the inner workings of what goes on.

You can also sign in as an independent scrutineer to observe the voting process. Just tell them you would like to see the process and are an independent.

PS. don't say my mind is not being over run by the mainstream media... i don't even watch the news. I actually worked in the election system and educated myself on it through experience.

Last edited by nabs; 04-08-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #43
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Anyone got the scoop on the new conservative party?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #44
I subscribe to Revscene

to Nabs
Why are the branch results kept secret?... unless they are trying to hide something perhaps... and what persons or "officials" count all the results from all provinces?... are the phoned in Voting Supervisor stats recorded in anyway if necessary?

I already know this is all theater so I wont call in to investigate...
Its already a sham if none want to nationalize our multiple precious resources and services like electricity from dams, public transit, gas, gold, and diamond mines, oil.. etc. Instead there's a black box of money for the military which puts us in more 'interested' (30-40 billion a year) debt to unknown entities rather then invest money extracting our own resources.
We spend and sacrifice our military personnel (all the while making new enemies in our safety) for the ZioAmerican empire that staged 911... so even if the voting system was squeaky clean, the system is broken and if anyone thinks ours wars and system is actually decided by political parties, he or she is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-08-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added- black box of money
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #45
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I never said they were kept secret and the rest of your reply seems wildly off topic.

I'm gonna stop replying to your posts as I can see how under-educated you are on the elections/voting system. Please educate yourself on the voting system and then come back with a reasonable argument.

Thank You.

PS. Let's keep this thread on topic, I would hate to see this thread get locked due to derailment.

PPS. I don't appreciate you baiting me into an argument, hence the fail.

Last edited by nabs; 04-08-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #46
I subscribe to Revscene

Nothing was a personal rebuttal, but this how hot political threads get. Despite working in these voting rooms... you obviously havent been told the basic workings of oversight.

Id like to see what last years voting office in Bayshore scored like... where do I look if its not a secret.... Maybe 50 of my friends voted for the Green party... lets see it.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-08-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added last sentence.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #47
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Anyone got the scoop on the new conservative party?
Um, for about a time, let's say, oh about 10 minutes, they looked like they were actually about to get a game together, and get in it. They had some momentum brewing with the "hate both sides" guys(see this thread for example) and people were willing to give them a go.

Theeeeeen, well, they went on ahead and opened their mouths...then had their own leadership fiasco of people wanting to replace Cummins and then, they imploded.

They'll still have a good showing in the election for a party that's good at not being those guys, and doesn't rhyme with spleen. That's their platform.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #48
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
^ don't be afraid if it looks sketchy...they are all temp offices. Usually empty rooms with a couple tables or chairs. They barely function as "offices".
Yeah, the one I went to smelled like cat pee.

I don't know why someone had a urinating cat in an office at the mall, or if some of the previous applicants just smelled like pee.

**People smelling like pee could be why I was interviewed on the spot and buddy pretty much said yes.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #49
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Nothing was a personal rebuttal, but this how hot political threads get. Despite working in these voting rooms... you obviously havent been told the basic workings of oversight.

Id like to see what last years voting office in Bayshore scored like... where do I look if its not a secret.... Maybe 50 of my friends voted for the Green party... lets see it.
Have you tried contacting your city hall for voter results? they are available for all to see. One last thing before i start ignoring you completely due to your under-education on the topic.

All voting officers are told to take home a copy of the results for an "incase shit happens" reason. So it's not private what so ever, why would they let you take home a copy of the results if they were trying to hide something?

Again please educate yourself on the electoral system before making ridiculous accusations. Our conversation is not making this system a Hot Topic... you have no base for your accusations, you trying to bait me into an argument is.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #50
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Oh, I noticed that the pay grade is the same for VO and VC... The only reason I chose to be VO before is because the pay was better. Choose VC... easier work... less liability.

Less Headache, literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Yeah, the one I went to smelled like cat pee.

I don't know why someone had a urinating cat in an office at the mall, or if some of the previous applicants just smelled like pee.

**People smelling like pee could be why I was interviewed on the spot and buddy pretty much said yes.