REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   People buying and returning clothing puchases (more than twice) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682699-people-buying-returning-clothing-puchases-more-than-twice.html)

Verdasco 04-08-2013 11:19 AM

People buying and returning clothing puchases (more than twice)

It's really pissing me off, there is this old lady who just buys clothes and returns it within a week with receipt and tags and gets full refund. This has happened 3-5 times and it is a small store. The clothes she buys is not for her, it is for her daughter. What should the store do??

They can not deny her can they??

H.Specter 04-08-2013 11:30 AM

OP, let your mom know how you feel about her actions and that you're actually a boy and not a girl.

bcedhk 04-08-2013 11:31 AM

unless you have proof that is been worn or used i dont think you can "stop" them from returning?

Spidey 04-08-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy89 (Post 8206779)
unless you have proof that is been worn or used i dont think you can "stop" them from returning?

any store has the right to refuse a refund don't they? Their stores, their rules? They can stamp a "final sale" on her receipt whenever she purchases stuff. Or just tell her she's not wanted in the store anymore, since it is private property. You have the right to refuse anyone service. It isn't their right to be able to step into your store.

Verdasco 04-08-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Specter (Post 8206778)
OP, let your mom know how you feel about her actions and that you're actually a boy and not a girl.

a post like this coming from a name of harvey spectre.... what in the world..... change it to luis..

duc_evo_sp 04-08-2013 12:41 PM

Why don't you leave old people alone and do your job moron.
OP needs to respect our elders more. You sound like a lazy brat. Loser

604STIG 04-08-2013 02:15 PM

Stores not losing money, your not losing money, what's your beef?

JHuJHu 04-08-2013 02:35 PM

^ He hates his job. :P

van_city23 04-08-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8206796)
any store has the right to refuse a refund don't they? Their stores, their rules? They can stamp a "final sale" on her receipt whenever she purchases stuff. Or just tell her she's not wanted in the store anymore, since it is private property. You have the right to refuse anyone service. It isn't their right to be able to step into your store.

Yah i think the right is to refuse service but I don't think there is a right to refuse a refund, correct me if i'm wrong.. any contract law students here?

Mr.HappySilp 04-08-2013 02:59 PM

The store can deny refunds if they wish. Lot's of Chinese store does it. All they do is put a sign which is visible that saids "No refunds, Exchanges only" or put on the recepit with a stamp that saids final sales, no refunds or exchanges.

JKam 04-08-2013 03:19 PM

why is she returning it in the first place..?

Maybe she keeps buying things for her daughter (to be nice) but the daughter thinks your store's stuff is ugly and tells her to return it.

jeedee 04-08-2013 03:25 PM

Retail :fuckthatshit:

Seems like the old lady is buying it for her, but the clothes don't fit her I guess...

Would save the trouble of just bringing her to the store and trying it on lol

Verdasco 04-08-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duc_evo_sp (Post 8206833)
Why don't you leave old people alone and do your job moron.
OP needs to respect our elders more. You sound like a lazy brat. Loser

maybe u should work in an environment where a customer buys like electronics/clothing and refund it before the refund date expires. Maybe u should own a store and have a person do this stupid buying/refunding shit a few times per week. Do not be ignorant before you speak your mind on the internet. Loser.

lol @ people who say the store is not losing money because of refunds.

jeedee 04-08-2013 03:28 PM

Well...on the bright side at least she isn't bringing you damaged items and demanding a refund

inb4 old lady is exchanging different items and keeping the original items

guddagudd 04-08-2013 05:49 PM

nah, there's not much you can do personally, tell your manager and see what he/she thinks of the situation. You are just there to do your job, any extra emotion/feelings/involvements you throw into it, is your own fault.

Zedbra 04-08-2013 08:28 PM

1st world problem lol

MelonBoy 04-08-2013 10:36 PM

3-5 times in the span of how long..?

I know a lot of people who buy clothes or electronics and return them after a few days sometimes.. I do that sometimes myself but I noticed a lot of my female friends will buy things let it sit there at home and marinade a bit.. then decide if they want to keep it or return it lol..

They do this because its more convenient for them and by off chance what if they decide they do want it but go back to the store and its gone or no size?! (I hate when they happens.. 2nd guess yourself and when you go back its gone :okay:)

azn_beef 04-09-2013 11:30 AM

Think of how costco feels. You get to use it for a couple of months and return it then...

first world problems..

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-09-2013 01:01 PM

that is the cost of doing business in retail buddy.

you have to factor that in.

PJ 04-09-2013 04:28 PM

Technically they're not breaking any rules.. It all depends on your return/exchange policy.

I know that photographers and models will buy clothes/shoes/accessories, wear them for a photoshoot, and return them immediately after.

Stores implement these policies so people don't think too much about impulse purchases.
Customers think that "oh I'll just buy it for now... if I change my mind I'll return it." Of course, more often than not, they just keep it.

So, just think of that as making up for the former.

If you want to lose customers and deal with less hassle, just put up an ALL SALES FINAL sign.

Marshall Placid 04-26-2013 11:10 PM

I read somewhere (I forgot) that the refund/exchange percentage for clothing, in general, is 40% to 60%.

Factoring this percentage, then the old lady is probably on the high side.

candida 05-19-2013 03:33 PM

Customer disonance it the markting term, To decrease customer disonance we we use return option for the customer. Return option increase the satisfaction level of customer and increase the worth of your store with customer satisfaction.

StylinRed 05-19-2013 03:42 PM

strong bump

dlo 05-19-2013 04:13 PM

wtf u tryna say candida? anyone can throw an organizational behaviour term around and sound smart, cept you dont make sense with that bullshit..

sexyaccord 05-19-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlo (Post 8240951)
wtf u tryna say candida? anyone can throw an organizational behaviour term around and sound smart, cept you dont make sense with that bullshit..

http://30daysofautism.files.wordpres...c_orange_1.jpg